Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going alone, where to go?

Options
  • 07-02-2009 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey peoples,

Heading over to oz in a couple weeks by myself. Have a WHV and approx 6000euro.
    I know getting jobs aint easy at the mo so Il probably stay 6 months if I cant get work. (Have standbye flights :cool:)
    Landing in sydney but want to see the gold coast/ frasier island.

How did you do it? Where to go... and to stay...
    Any work that is available?

Any advice is apprieciated!:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

get out of Sydney straight away.....

head up the east coast, across to darwin and then down the west coast...
    you'll pick up odd jobs anywhere if you hang on long enough....I spent nearly 6mts working on tourist boats over in coral bay....tiny little place with about 100 residents but close to paradise....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's many, many threads about travelling to Australia on here. Use the search button. :)

Also look here for links to websites http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055415532

I used virtualtourist.com tripadvisor.com and the thorn tree forum on Lonely Planet website.

Buy yourself a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide.

Advertisement