Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Cracking goal there from leverkusen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh fcuk....Barca falling apart....sack Pep now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Comeback's on!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The comeback is on like Donkey Kong!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dodgy defence Bill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Making sure he got the ball anyway...weird the ref didn't give it to him!

Even weirder is the fact nobody got his jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

kmart6 wrote: »
    Making sure he got the ball anyway...weird the ref didn't give it to him!

Even weirder is the fact nobody got his jersey!

After last week that scrap will break out away from the cameras… and Rudi Völler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Ha! barcelona dont cheat according to Dunphy. Funny stuff, keep it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Holy shit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

What is a Busquets?

Dunphy is a fool.

Awaits Tony McCoy name drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Like the television show about a Reverend, his family and God ... that match was about Guardiola, Barça and Messi 7thHeaven

I have never seen you post one positive thing anywhere on this forum.....Barca score 7,messi scores 5 and you post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Adrian Durham just asked if Messi could do a job for Stoke ffs:rolleyes:

So Messi is what, 7 goals behind César now? He's definitely going to beat the record aged 24 then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

markie29 wrote: »
    I have never seen you post one positive thing anywhere on this forum.....Barca score 7,messi scores 5 and you post this.

Willy has issues with teams that have knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League.

Just for you Willy.

n_f_c_barcelona_chelsea_fc_vs_barcelona-158750.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

what was that thing that was on at half time on ITV advertising the programme about Messi?

What time was it on at?

This is bull****. Barcelona should be given two options - play Messi but only be allowed eight other outfield players or both sides get him for a half each.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

parc wrote: »
    what was that thing that was on at half time on ITV advertising the programme about Messi?

What time was it on at?

10pm on ITV4

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77402123&postcount=231

There ya go.

What would be the value in me praising barcelona? we know they're great and that leverkuzen played terrible. We know Messi is the best in the world.

I thought dunphy claiming barca dont cheat to be worthy of comment because of how blinkered and hilarious that opinion is.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77402123&postcount=231

There ya go.

What would be the value in me praising barcelona? we know they're great and that leverkuzen played terrible. We know Messi is the best in the world.

I thought dunphy claiming barca dont cheat to be worthy of comment because of how blinkered and hilarious that opinion is.

I stand corrected....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

aaronh007 wrote: »
    10pm on ITV4

thanks!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Willy has issues with teams that have knocked Chelsea out of the Champions League.

Just for you Willy.

n_f_c_barcelona_chelsea_fc_vs_barcelona-158750.jpg

And who did we beat to get that match with Barca? Ha, keep up the good work turtyturd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

What an absolute master class by Barcelona tonight, and Messi is just literally breaking records and setting his own ones for a laugh at this stage..

I thought for the majority of the first half Barca sorely missed Villa and Sanchez, but then Messi stole the show. I don't even know what else to say. Yes Barcelona played well, yes Bayer Leverkusen didn't respond well to going a goal, or two down even, but all thing's aside from what was a historic night for Messi.

Few other things to take from the game
    Iniesta continues to look more and more lively, I hate seeing him pushed out wide, when he gets the ball in and around the box he can unlock even the tightest of defences. Oh how we missed his presence on the pitch at times this season.
    Tello looks a very, very promosing young player. I recently read a piece about himself and Thiago and their rise to stardom. Any chance Tello gets to make an impact late in the game he just causes havoc. I hate to be stupidly over demanding but a hat-trick would really have sealed off what was a sublime second half for the young winger.
    Pep used his substitutions wisely tonight, taking Iniesta and Xavi off early with Racing away at the weekend in mind. I shouldn't be surprised though..
    Pedro worked really hard for the cause tonight, his first touch is getting there but a goal would surely see him back to full fitness. He got involved in allot of the play outside the box when Xavi/Iniesta came off. I fully expect to see him back to his best within the next 2 or 3 games.

On this Pep to Chelsea rumour, I say dream on Chelsea. Why would Pep leave Barcelona to join one of the most hostile clubs in top flight football. I do think he will renew for another season, but he has blatantly expressed his desire to spend more time with his young family, and this leads me to presume he will most likely disappear into the shadows for the quiet life with his integrity intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Davaeo09 wrote: »

On this Pep to Chelsea rumour, I say dream on Chelsea. Why would Pep leave Barcelona to join one of the most hostile clubs in top flight football. I do think he will renew for another season, but he has blatantly expressed his desire to spend more time with his young family, and this leads me to presume he will most likely disappear into the shadows for the quiet life with his integrity intact.

Exactly.. if Pep is finding it difficult at Barca, which is in fairness, demanding enough.. Why would he go somewhere where he would be subject to even more stress? Not going to happen...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Possible Barca team sheet for next game

Valdez---

---Alves Pique--

--Xavi---Iniesta

Missi

Would still win

Pedro isn't really a natural footballer. It takes longer for him to get back to his best. Ideally he could play the next ten league games, but that's not realistic at all considering Alexis, Cuenca and Tello (who have all been in better form) want as much playing time as possible. He tries so hard though, I hate saying anything negative about him.

There's really no chance of Guardiola going to Chelsea. He's said when he leaves Barça, it will be to take a rest anyway.

Even Marca couldn't ignore Messi today :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

miralize wrote: »
    Exactly.. if Pep is finding it difficult at Barca, which is in fairness, demanding enough.. Why would he go somewhere where he would be subject to even more stress? Not going to happen...

Anywhere but Barcelona is a step down. He would be mad to join the circus that is Chelsea...a club, IMO, that represents all that is wrong and crass with the modern game and the PL in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

You will never see a better quin-trick than Messi's last night. I mean to be able to chip the goalie with his left and right foot is out of this world and this is the CL knockout stages against a team coming off beating Bayern Munich at the weekend. I watched that doc about him last night and there were clips of him as a kid and he produced the same chip on numerous occasions. Amazing and a priviledge to watch. This Barca team will be talked about for generations.

Think one or two of my posts were deleted (the ITV4 link), my bad mods :rolleyes:

I read an interesting article about Pique and his current form last night but I can't seem to find it. It basically offered an argument as to why Pique isn't at his best. I think this time last season people would be hard pushed to find a more consistent CB. He carries the ball well, is good in the air, clever with his feet, and has the calmness often needed when teams are pressing high up the pitch. But this season we've seen him make some sloppy mistakes, as he appears to not be 100% focused against smaller teams. I know this is a problem not exclusive to Gerard, but I did think he was the best defender in the world, without a doubt last season. Our Piquenbauer, but with all of the fame and fortune he's so used to he might have just lost his way a little bit. He's like the Beckham of Spain. He has such charisma and humour about him that the media instantly fell in love with him, and the whole Shakira relationship brought him to another level of stardom outside of the pitch.
    Now don't get me wrong, I am not by any means writing him off as a lost cause, I think Pep has addressed his problem head on by dropping Pique more than once or twice this season.
    I just hope we can have our defence at it's absolute best coming into the rest of the season, because we all know what a difference an on form Pique and Puyol can make :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Result Vs Racing was
    0-2 Messi 29,56 Penalty
    here is the Documentary on Messi if u didn't see it

Team played well again. Especially considering the surface etc. Good form.

Cesc better in advanced role of diamond midfield, no? Pedro showed improvement too imo, just needs a good run in the team.

Messi is now the first liga player to score 50 goals in consecutive seasons.

Also first player to score 30 liga goals in three consecutive seasons.

And now the quickest player to reach 150 liga wins, that was game #202. Record was held by Real Madrid player, Santamaría, with 208 games.

6 goals from beating César's all-time goalscoring record now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

5 goals away.

I'd give him 2 games to get it :pac::pac:

50 goals this season. Man's a monster.

Afellay took part in some ball exercises in training this morning. Great news :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Really can't wait for Affelay's return.. shame with the injuries, but he still managed to make a difference at the tail end of last season.

Wasnt this his third major layoff for Barca - first was when he arrived to the club injured, second was midway through the season, and in the beginning of this season? Such a pity. I think I'd have him first in the team over either Pedro or Sanchez, and I bloody love Sanchez...

Pedro, as mentioned, is slowly showing signs of recovery, but still nowhere near as effective as last season, even before his setbacks...

miralize wrote: »
    Really can't wait for Affelay's return.. shame with the injuries, but he still managed to make a difference at the tail end of last season.

Wasnt this his third major layoff for Barca - first was when he arrived to the club injured, second was midway through the season, and in the beginning of this season? Such a pity. I think I'd have him first in the team over either Pedro or Sanchez, and I bloody love Sanchez...

Pedro, as mentioned, is slowly showing signs of recovery, but still nowhere near as effective as last season, even before his setbacks...

As far as I can recall Ibi didn't start many of the big games last season, but was more of an impact sub, much like Tello is now.

Affelay yet offers some thing entirely different. Tello uses his blistering pace to go past his defender on the outside and get into the channels. I think Ibi is more productive when played a little bit deeper. He's a bit like Kaka was when he was at his best. The one thing he still needed to improve, even before his injury was his vision/passing in the mid-field and the final third.
    I do not doubt for a second he will come good for us when it matters most, and I for one look forward to some more of this from the young Dutch man

Also seen this earlier..
    La Masia graduates have scored 109 of Barcelona’s 143 goals so far this season. That’s 76% of the scoring coming from homegrown players. Last season, the little ones scored 110 out of 152 total strikes.
    Amazing..

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant......i really hope he recovers fully.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/eric-abidal-to-have-a-liver-transplant

Abidal will be a big loss he has been there best defender this season

the official Barcelona youtube channel is great http://www.youtube.com/user/fcbarcelona?feature=watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Eric Abidal to have liver transplant......i really hope he recovers fully.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/eric-abidal-to-have-a-liver-transplant
    You'd think seeing as they've waited this long they could wait until the end of the season. I suppose some things are more important than football though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Co-incidentally enough it was this day last year he took the surgery for the tumour (St patricks Day was a thursday last year).

Hope all is okay with him.

From a football point of view, Adriano is more than capable back up. In fact, Adriano is unlucky he has such a good player ahead of him as he would walk into almost every other team at LB.

Well that's terrible. Feel a bit of a cúnt for being so critical of him lately.

Real Madrid have sent their best wishes https://p.twimg.com/AoCmNAUCIAAq4F6.jpg

As for Madrid-based media, comments had to be stopped on the Marca article because of the abuse Abidal and his family were getting. Actually unbelievable.

As for AS, their article on Abi had a picture of Keita instead. Usual form.

Adriano never lets the team down, only worry is he's injury-prone himself.

Ànims Abi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Anims Abi!!!! It's unfortunately unlikely he'll recover to play professionially again. I'll happily eat this iPad if it means he'll play again.

2-0 up, just over 10 minutes to go. Only tuned in 20 minutes ago, solid performance from what I've seen. Messi and Iniesta with the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

THFC wrote: »
    Messi and Iniesta with the goals.

Messi and Xavi with the goals;)

Messi's brillant chip

• Advertisement

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Messi and Xavi with the goals;)
    Apologies, misprint. Right you are.

Messi with a disallowed goal (offside).

2-0 up, just over 10 minutes to go. Only tuned in 20 minutes ago, solid performance from what I've seen. Messi and Iniesta with the goals.

Watched it from just after the goals...Sevilla had excellent spells, Pique asleep in the first half, Sevilla hit the bar and missed the rebound which was an open goal. Not good at all from him.

Scoreline could've been 3-5

If Barcelona overcome Milan and reach the semi-finals of the CL, they will have reached the semi-finals for 5 years running (2008 & 2010 - lost to United & Inter, 2009 & 2011 - winners) and will become only the second team to have accomplished this in European Cup history, after Real Madrid from 1956-1960 when, of course, they won it 5 times in a row. That's phenomenol consistency (either way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I would put this Barca side up there with the AC Milan team of the 1980's.

It would be interesting if Baresi and Maldini could keep out Messi, or vica versa if Barca's defence could keep out Van Basten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If Barcelona overcome Milan and reach the semi-finals of the CL, they will have reached the semi-finals for 5 years running (2008 & 2010 - lost to United & Inter, 2009 & 2011 - winners) and will become only the second team to have accomplished this in European Cup history, after Real Madrid from 1956-1960 when, of course, they won it 5 times in a row. That's phenomenol consistency (either way).

Or it indicates a corrupt series of draws in their favour. . .:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement