Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

"Now I understand Mourinho when he speaks about playing here. They shouldn't have to cheat to win"

Pretty sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

"Now I understand Mourinho when he speaks about playing here. They shouldn't have to cheat to win"

Pretty sad.

Not sad. Pathetic!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good win. It's Chelsea away first yes? Very important to not let them come back to Spain not needing to score or being able to settle for a 0-0 or possibly 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

think you're mixing up today's chelsea with the chelsea of 2/3 years ago because now they are complete pony

They have motivation though from 2009 which allied to Barcelona's away form could set the second leg up for them.

1-0 to Chelsea in the first leg is a very bad result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Chelsea still have to get through Benfica so wouldnt be thinking bout them just yet. I fancy Benfica to give em a rattle tonight and wouldnt be surprised to see them go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Not been on here as much as I would like to be folks. Good job keeping the place active too, it's nice to see it's Barca on the tip of so many tongues again when it comes to the Champions League knock out phase.

Couple of thing's about the Milan tie over two legs.
    Fair play to Milan first of all, over the four games against them this season they have given a good account of themselves in my opinion. They have a dogged defence and some very skilled individuals who seem to pull together when it matters most. The likes of Ibra and Ronbiniho were cast off's yet, some of there performances this season have put AC ahead of an unbeated Juventus side in Serie A. Also, it's amazing to see Nesta and Seedorf still competing at this level given there age. Legends.

Really happy to see Iniesta score on Tuesday, that and his goal last weekend should really help his confidence. I still think we haven't seen the best of Don Andres. Over the past 3 years he's been almost on par with Xavi and his ability to ghost past challenges and his vision was much missed around our Dec/Jan dip in form.

Did anyone else watch the game on TV3? raging when they pundits at the start suggested Cesc would be playing in a not to familiar role. Do they even watch Barca outside of Europe? While on the topic of Cesc I was delighted he started. In the first 15-20 Barca were putting AC up for inspection and his runs in front of the back line were giving Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and even Busquets more time on the ball. He played his False 9 role superbly I though. Also on one or two of the counter attacks we had going his La Massia background really shone through and the one two touch football was a delight to watch.

I may as well discuss the penalties too but i'll try and keep it short. I am in agreement with most of the non Madrid/Milan press. Both of them were legitimate penalties, and the ref on Tuesday night had a bigger set of balls than who ever it was officiating back in Milan. Yes the second one was a little bit harsh maybe but it's all the grabbing and diving that needs to be cut out every where, so why not start from the top?

Was a little bit surprised when I seen the line up but I new exactly what the game was going to hold. Cuenca showed great experience in holding his wide positions because at times it must be very isolating, not being able to come in towards the ball to get involved more. But his width was essential in keeping Milan pinned back for such large periods of time. Also his work ethic was impeccable. Will be interesting to see the duel for a place on the pitch between himself/Tello/Pedro and Affelay over the rest of the season.

Was kind of disappointed to not see Sanchez play some part too :(
    Hopefully he's fresh for the weekend. I know some of you don't think that highly of him, but he is still adapting and can get sooooo much better still. In fact, if he starts at the weekend I'm going to slap 10 buck on him to score :D

and finally
    SUCK IT ZLATAN! Such an absolutely unlike able man. He thinks he's so much above everybody and every thing. (see what I did thar? :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Warper wrote: »
    Chelsea still have to get through Benfica so wouldnt be thinking bout them just yet. I fancy Benfica to give em a rattle tonight and wouldnt be surprised to see them go through.

Was almost the case! I'd give Chelsea a slight chance with a fit and in form Drogba. That being said I think Barca will cruise it by at least a 3 goal aggregrate win.

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Did anyone else watch the game on TV3? raging when they pundits at the start suggested Cesc would be playing in a not to familiar role. Do they even watch Barca outside of Europe?

I didn't watch on TV3, but although it's not quite as bad elsewhere, I've pretty much accepted that most of these pundits don't have a clue when it comes to Spanish football and don't really care how obvious it is.

I don't watch them anymore, but I'm even tempted to mute the commentators sometimes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

nuxxx wrote: »
    Was almost the case! I'd give Chelsea a slight chance with a fit and in form Drogba. That being said I think Barca will cruise it by at least a 3 goal aggregrate win.

Chelsea will be dangerous. If there's one place Barca are vulnerable, we all know it's in the air and just look at the way Chelsea bombarded Napoli from corners, free kicks and throw ins. They caused them all sorts of problems. The narrow pitch at Chelsea doesn't suit Barca either, it makes them a lot easier to defend against.

Of course Barca will be strong favorites but I expect Chelsea to score a couple of times which should make things interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Chelsea won't score a couple of time.

Valid point about Chelseas Ariel threat tbf.. They do have the players to cause us trouble. But in reality over two legs it will be a miss match. I generally try to try highlight an oppositions chances, but I just feel against Chelsea we will have too much for them over 2 games. Iniesta will be licking his lips at the thoughts of a return to Stamford bridge :pac:

I know allot can change, an football rarely follows expectations but I reckon we could go through 5-2 on 6-3 on aggregate.
    Abidal will be missed that's for sure!

I hope we can get Pedro and Sanchez firing on all cylinders before then, there exactly the type of players we need against a team that can provide a scrappy goal from nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is anyone heading over for any of the final games of the season ?

I've applied for a ticket for the Copa Del Rey Final, and have priced flights for the home game vrs Chelsea. 50 quid return (Mon-Wed), can prob get a ticket for 150 or around abouts.

Would love to have went to the away game vrs Chelsea but in work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Valid point about Chelseas Ariel threat tbf.. They do have the players to cause us trouble. But in reality over two legs it will be a miss match. I generally try to try highlight an oppositions chances, but I just feel against Chelsea we will have too much for them over 2 games. Iniesta will be licking his lips at the thoughts of a return to Stamford bridge :pac:

I know allot can change, an football rarely follows expectations but I reckon we could go through 5-2 on 6-3 on aggregate.
    Abidal will be missed that's for sure!

I hope we can get Pedro and Sanchez firing on all cylinders before then, there exactly the type of players we need against a team that can provide a scrappy goal from nothing.

Chelsea were, and still are all about power over finesse.
    Particulary midfield power. Although that has imo waned, on our day, we can still create problems. Chelsea will have to work hard and close down for 90 mins.
    I think it could be closer than people are thinking, it just depends which Chelsea (and Drogba) shows up on the day, but they will be highly motivated for this match and will try to make it scrappy rather than about football, much like RM do when they play Barca.

I'm just glad to get that far, when so many other (better) teams have fallen.
    Its not all about being the best or playing the best, it can be about taking your chances and riding your luck with the odd bit of quality thrown in

I'd rather be there playing Barca, in the semi's and getting beat, than not getting there and hopefully it will show Roman just how much he needs to rebuild the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Chelsea will need to win by 2 goals at the Bridge to have a chance of progressing. Barca are too good at home so Chelsea will need a lead. Torres is still pretty crap and their midfield lack sharpness. I just cant really see them beating Barca over two legs but they will be more awkward than Benfica for Barca. Should be good games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

IMO Chelsea won't get the corners and free kicks they need to test Barca in the air.

They lack the craft to get the ball through Barca's pressing.

Not sure what the score line will be but I don't think Chelsea will ever really be in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Torres has a very impressive record home and away to Barcelona..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ How many moons ago was that though?

Genuinely, I hate this tie. I really think Chelsea can do it. If they do it will not be pretty, but effective obviously.

That said, should Barca progress it won't be easy. I reckon the aggregate score will be 2-1ish.

Having the Real Madrid game in between the tie kind of puts a spanner in the works for Barca. Not ideal at all. I think Chelsea have an FA cup semi final 3 days before the first leg, but I suspect they'll send out fringe players for that one.

• Advertisement

Was that Atletico side any worse or better than this Chelsea one though..

The sooner this fixture is over the better. Half of me wants to teach them after 2009, half of me expecting a hangover/inspiration for Chelsea from 2009. The match thread on this forum will be a horrible mess.

No Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta (last time was in Pamplona when Barça were beaten 3-2 by Osasuna).

Their manager has said the grass hasn't been cut or watered because it seems fair considering the players Barça have.

Could be tricky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

crap.. these are the types of games that xavi and iniesta's control are vital.. that goal was definitely coming..

Faith you must have young padawan ;)

Sanchez looks really active tonight, much more than can be said for Pedro!

Zaragoza down to 10 now, hope Barca can put em under early in the second half, two main concerns would be
    1. Keita's yellow, i'd like to see Busi come on before we go down to 10 too :pac:
    2. Zaragoza seem to be finding space down the wings too easy, this is down to Pedro, Sanchez, Cesc and Thiago to help with.

Oh and Sanchez was like speedy gonzalez for the Messi goal, and needless to say great finish from the little man!

Half time now, here's to a good second half! :D
    Match link http://www.ilemi.me/51994/1/Watch-Real-Zaragoza-vs-FC-Barcelona/

Sanchez's turn for the second yellow was superb. Thats something I think were missing from Sanchez so far this season. He took on players in Italy, right now he's just turning and offloading to the midfielders around him.

He needs to find that balance between the passing game and being more direct, like Cuenca

Two things about tonight;

Shocking, cynical approach from Zaragoza, should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't know how people can doubt my man Alexis. He's such a fúcking champion.

EDIT: Should say that I understand position Zaragoza are in, and fully expect them to fight for everything, but the state of the pitch together with endless fouls after the ball is just inexcusable. Barça lucky to escape without a bigger injury list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I don't know how people can doubt my man Alexis. He's such a fúcking champion.

EDIT: Should say that I understand position Zaragoza are in, and fully expect them to fight for everything, but the state of the pitch together with endless fouls after the ball is just inexcusable. Barça lucky to escape without a bigger injury list.

One further thing to add.
    You guys have serious concerns on that backline Masch is not at the races at all whatever's up. I'm sure Pep will be furious. On the set pieces he started his runs back towards the box far too soon putting undue pressure on the defence. After the corners he was sluggish to move the line up and play the offside trap that Barca so heavily rely on corners (it's the reason why ye don't put people on the posts). He was at fault for the goal also. Everyone was pointing out how poor Pique was this season, the thing is even off form Pique rarely screwed up the defensive line so much. Masch needs to wake up a bit. Otherwise Barca will leak goals. Last season he was immense for you guys. Recently, his head just seems very complacent and lack lustre at times.

I disagree about Mascherano being poor lately. All he lacks is experience. Mistakes he makes are that of someone who isn't used to playing in that position. He has done far more good than bad, though. His pace and aggression are crucial, especially when you consider Barça's stand-offish approach to defending.

For me, he was Barça's best player in Milan and at home to Athletic. He compliments an on-form Piqué perfectly, in my opinion. Partnership with Puyol often fails because they're alike in many ways, good and bad, plus Mascherano often seems to think he needs to cover for Puyol's lack of pace.

I do agree he was poor in playing Nocerino onside midweek, but Puyol had been drawn to the ball and his natural instinct as a defensive midfielder was to get back and cover the line. He was at fault tonight, but there were also positives to take, his passing was very important considering the state of the pitch.

idk, I'm a fan :D

also: his reaction to Pinto slapping Arbeloa excuses a lot of things: http://www.ligafutbol.net/wp-content/2011/04/pinto_agrede_a_arbeloa_y_es_expulsado_en_el_descanso.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

It was great for Pedro to get that goal tonight, I thought he had been pretty poor enough all game (well he has'nt been the same since coming back from the injuries). He really needed that goal, hopefully he can kick on from that and rediscover his best form because the last few matches there has been no threat whatsoever coming down the left flank. Tonight there was long periods where the ball was being played around on the right and the middle and there was nobody steaming up the left to offer support or open the field and draw defenders out there.

• Advertisement

dagdha wrote: »
    It was great for Pedro to get that goal tonight, I thought he had been pretty poor enough all game (well he has'nt been the same since coming back from the injuries). He really needed that goal, hopefully he can kick on from that and rediscover his best form because the last few matches there has been no threat whatsoever coming down the left flank. Tonight there was long periods where the ball was being played around on the right and the middle and there was nobody steaming up the left to offer support or open the field and draw defenders out there.

This x1,000,000
    I am a massive fan of Pedro I think his work ethic and finishing in and around the 6 yard box is crucial at times! I remember watching a video before of him at the training grounds practice first time shots from crosses, on the ground every thing. His finish rate was amazing, in fact it kind surprised me until I started to pay attention to his finishing in games. He has the kind of poachers instinct that makes players great. The likes of Van Nisteroy, Raul, Gomez, (torres when he was at his best) and even Higuain at Madrid. It's the type of thing that some players just have and others don't. A few of his most memorable goals for me are
    --> From Xavi's assist against Madrid, it came at the perfect time and he showed the utmost composure to finish past Cassilias, and his pace onto what was an inch perfect through pass
    --> From another Xavi through ball but this time against United, he held his run and his width opened a plethora of options for Xavi who just slipped the ball clean through to Pedro who gave Barca a 2-1 soon after Rooney had equalised.
    and finally

To be fair he's some thing of the dark horse, the outsider, with more heart and effort than some of his more talented team mates. I hope he can carry that goal on and really be at the races for the rest of the season.

Barca can still potentially win the treble, but with La Liga almost sown up now the Champions League seems to be our priority. I would certainly hope so any way. We can become the first club to win back to back trophies and really make a claim for ourselves as the best club side ever :D

Also does any one else think of Ronaldiniho when Thiago is on the ball? Such swagger :cool:

Jernal wrote: »
    One further thing to add.
    You guys have serious concerns on that backline Masch is not at the races at all whatever's up. I'm sure Pep will be furious. On the set pieces he started his runs back towards the box far too soon putting undue pressure on the defence. After the corners he was sluggish to move the line up and play the offside trap that Barca so heavily rely on corners (it's the reason why ye don't put people on the posts). He was at fault for the goal also. Everyone was pointing out how poor Pique was this season, the thing is even off form Pique rarely screwed up the defensive line so much. Masch needs to wake up a bit. Otherwise Barca will leak goals. Last season he was immense for you guys. Recently, his head just seems very complacent and lack lustre at times.

Sorry for double post, and a brief reply (it does warrant more discussion tbf)

I read some thing recently about how Barca and Madrid still weak at the back, and how which ever team finds the right balance will walk out at the end of the season with the title. With Abidal being out, and with Masch/Pique being inconsistent with their performances I can see teams really getting at us in the coming weeks. As Zaragoza displayed tonight teams are sick of being beaten hands down and will try any thing to win. We need all of our defenders fully focused 100% of the time because we are at the stage of the season where every single goal can be crucial or detrimental to our chances of success.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. It's been a tough season that has really asked allot of our thin squad.

Oh any word on how Ibi is doing in training? I'd love to see him fit soon.
    Any more progress with Villa?

Also does any one else think of Ronaldiniho when Thiago is on the ball? Such swagger :cool:

When Thiago came on the scene first people use to say he was going to be the same type of player as Xavi, from day one I always thought he was more a Ronaldinho type player with his style of play.

I know he is young and he is a great talent already but he annoys me at times. He seems to over complicate things alot, when a simple pass is on he tends to jazz it up a little and this seems to put the recieving player under pressure which would'nt be there if he just passed it simply. As I said he is young and the potential he is showing now should develop into a very good player in a few years time.

I think Afellay is close to returning to the squad, he has been training with the first team for 2 weeks now so I'd expect to see him getting some minutes in a week or so.

I'm not too sure about Villa though, there is alot of talk about him recovering really well and everything seems to be going better than expected but there is still no date set for when he will return to action. Hopefully it will be soon as the more fire power available towards the end of the season will be welcome.

^ I can also get frustrated with Thiago's eccentricity, especially since he's a midfielder rather than a forward. Ronaldinho gave the ball away more than anyone, but only because he would try what others wouldn't. He and Thiago are the same so far as their confidence is what makes them and at the same time, can be a problem when they over-do it. It's the same with anything else though, just got to find the right balance.

Guardiola spoke about Afellay on Friday. He said he's not yet sure when he will get the green light, but that he expects it to be very soon as he's doing really well in training. He also said he's sure Ibi will get enough playing time between now and the end of the season seeing as he wants to be involved with the Dutch squad in the summer. Also mentioned how his Spanish has come on a lot.

As for David Villa, this morning his agent said that he thinks we'll see him playing again in a month and that he is part of Spain's plans for Euro 2012.

The team spent the morning at Abidal's house to support him before his operation next Tuesday: http://www.sport.es/es/galerias/barca/20120408/todos-con-abidal/31790.shtml

Massive day for Barcelona, Madrid drawing has really altered the shape of La Liga and it now looks as if Barca will be lurking right behind Madrid for the rest of the season, and who knows we might even over take them if another team can do us a big favour like Valencia did tonight.

Can't wait for the game in the Nou Camp now, it will be almost like the final show down of the season for them (excluding the possibility of the champions league final) and La Liga will basically be decided that night, any thing other than a win for Barca will surely see Madrid hang on to there ever so slender lead for the remaining few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Thats very harsh .
    Barcelona were rubbish in the first half ,they should have been 2-0 down and the first goal they got was a gift.
    They would want to up their performance levels especially in defence,they look very vulnerable.
    Pique has been a liability since the start of the year and Mascherano is being found out.

• Advertisement

Thats very harsh .
    Barcelona were rubbish in the first half ,they should have been 2-0 down and the first goal they got was a gift.
    They would want to up their performance levels especially in defence,they look very vulnerable.
    Pique has been a liability since the start of the year and Mascherano is being found out.

I think it's harsh to say Barca were rubbish in the first half mate. Sure they weren't playing there fluid passing, but without Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets it's almost impossible to expect the same level of "tika taka". Plus, if I am to be 100% honest Keita had one of his worst games this season and when he came off for Busi the game changed. Barca were able to control the tempo of the game much better. Again, a credit to just how good Busquets actually is. His job isn't flashy, dogged or any of the thing's you'd associate with the best DM in world football. But what he does is break down opposition play and start the next move, often with only 1 or 2 touches of the ball.

Doesn't mean I have to love him like I love Xavi though ;)

Some rumours coming from Spain this morning.
    Inter are keen on Adriano and Affelay as they seek to freshen up their squad.
    Personally I hope we keep the two of them, I don't think there is any need to change to squad as much as we have in previous seasons. I know Pep likes to keep everyone on there toes and some fresh new faces can add to the team spirit. But can we forget Adrianos goals in the club world cup? He was never a first team starter but I feel he does his job well when he come on or start, and he seems to be enjoying life in Barca. With some more minutes he will prove his worth.
    As for Ibi, I really hope we keep him and I think I won't be alone in that sentiment. He seems a really nice lad, but I fear his time at the club might just be coming to an end unless with the time he gets before the end of the season he can really impress. He cost us a meagre 3m quid and we could possibly sell him for 8-10. Again, fingers crossed he doesn't go, I suspect we will regret it. But in reality with Tello and Cuenca coming through, and with Pedro back on form (ISH!) we just have 1 wide player too many.

So who would you like to see go?

Finally RVP is again being linked to us. I'm a huge fan of RVP and I do feel, that if we are to land him Cesc will be key. Sadly though I don't see it happening. Arsenal are finishing stronger than they started the season, and I can actually see Wenger splashing the cash this summer. If he doesn't he risks shooting himself in the foot as one of there last really true world class players walks out to door for warmer shores.

Haha, Guardiola put everyone in their box with that press conference. He knows well the league is alive now, though.

I hope Barça don't buy any forward. Messi owns the role in the middle + Villa, Cesc and Alexis can play there if needed. I just want a centre-back.
    Thats very harsh .

Quickly:

No excuse for pitch in that state or their cynical fouling. Their goal was also a gift, other two chances were a peno won with a dive and Aranda's which hardly counts considering he was offside.

Piqué has been as good as we can ask for in his last four games, which made his inury a real shame. Mascherano has been outstanding for Barça this season. Not just my opinion, Guardiola's too. Two mistakes add up to him being found out? Right.

Barça have had three or four first team defenders available, often playing three games in seven days. Still, nine league wins in a row, competing in all competitions until the end. Not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

As someone who was incredibly anti-mascherano when we signed him two summers ago, he has been amazing. His tackling is actually outstanding, and perfect for a team who plays possession based football. His passing has become top notch too, he has been practicing long range diagonals with Pique in training I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What you lads think about Christian Tello? Is he likely to leave in the summer? How good is he?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    What you lads think about Christian Tello? Is he likely to leave in the summer? How good is he?

very good. no. very good for barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lads, this was probably posted before..but tell me,,,,it's fake isn't it ?
    I'm in 2 minds, it doesn't look that bad with the long sleeves

arsenal-barcelona-manchester-united-home-nike-football-shirt-leaked.jpg

tumblr_m1het4vPfL1r2vtjko1_500.jpg
    g09wj.jpg
    Looks like you can buy it already from Soccertriads etc..
    http://www.soccertriads.com/Spanish-Teams/Barcelona/New-Barcelona-Home-Jersey-12/13/prod_247.html

I like it a lot more than I do the current one anyway. And its nicer than last years one with the yellow collar as well.

Tello is a great prospect, speed and great crossing ability. Interstin to see if teams get used to him soon

Home jersey is better than this year and while it's not better than the black jersey, the tropical shirt can only be an improvement on the current pistachio monstrosity. I hope that shirt is discontinued and not remaining as a third jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

How does one explain to arsenal fans how Busquets is one of the best DM's in the world?

Say, ''Why was Claude Makelele so good?''

G.K. wrote: »
    How does one explain to arsenal fans how Busquets is one of the best DM's in the world?

Tell them watch him play and ignore the theatrics. His close control, tackling and reading of the game are of a seriously high standard. His short passing is great as well. Not quite up there with Xavi, but then, whose is?

gimmick wrote: »
    Tell them watch him play and ignore the theatrics. His close control, tackling and reading of the game are of a seriously high standard. His short passing is great as well. Not quite up there with Xavi, but then, whose is?

His composure and first touch are actually insane. I don't think I've ever seen the likes of it from someone so young.

He is terrific at protecting the ball and moving it on, like he has radar of players, even the referee comes close.

As long as he's not played at centre back, he's good at dropping a shoulder and letting the ball run by him and open up the whole pitch. It's only behind Iniesta's turn and Xavi's trademark 360 turn as gems.

This is from a previous Busquets ultra-critic and who wanted Yaya Toure to be kept and played instead of him.

Guardiola has said there are only 3 fit defenders tonight.... 3-4-3 anyone? :(

Guardiola has said there are only 3 fit defenders tonight.... 3-4-3 anyone? :(
    The 3 defenders are probably Puyol, Mascherano and Adriano so it's basically 1 defender fit.
    It'll probably be 1-5-4 :pac:

Keita will more than likely start and Busquets in defence :( I like Keita but I don't like to see him starting games, any games he starts there is never the same fluidity to the team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement