Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Why would you be scared tho, if you are a barca fan ??

They dont seem like a pleasent bunch. Also thought I read before that they werent a big fan of foreigners but I could be mixing that up with Real whose Ultras are very right wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boixos_Nois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

kksaints wrote: »
    They dont seem like a pleasent bunch. Also thought I read before that they werent a big fan of foreigners but I could be mixing that up with Real whose Ultras are very right wing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boixos_Nois

I know what those c*nts are like...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭IrishCule

Why would you be scared tho, if you are a barca fan ??

Mainly because were letting off these firework "bomb" type things. They were literally throwing them at peoples feet in the crowd and then everyone was running away from them before they went off. Unbelievably loud where it was even painful enough with your ears covered and also I wasn't entirely sure just how dangerous they were, as in if this goes off next to my foot do I lose my foot? or will it do nothing? Or will it burn me? Didn't know and didn't want to find out.

I talked to a few and they had no problem with me being a foreigner, they loved it actually that I knew the chants and was starting a few. I did not talk to any of the ones with their faces covered though, I guess they are the ones most likely to be the foreigner hating ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

IrishCule wrote: »
    Mainly because were letting off these firework "bomb" type things. They were literally throwing them at peoples feet in the crowd and then everyone was running away from them before they went off. Unbelievably loud where it was even painful enough with your ears covered and also I wasn't entirely sure just how dangerous they were, as in if this goes off next to my foot do I lose my foot? or will it do nothing? Or will it burn me? Didn't know and didn't want to find out.

I talked to a few and they had no problem with me being a foreigner, they loved it actually that I knew the chants and was starting a few. I did not talk to any of the ones with their faces covered though, I guess they are the ones most likely to be the foreigner hating ones.

I was once in a bar with them when Spain were losing the match v Holland in last world cup, they were setting those bombs off in the pub,
    the bar man was afraid to do anything ...

eventually a load of the Spanish fans just left.

I was once in a bar with them when Spain were losing the match v Holland in last world cup, they were setting those bombs off in the pub,
    the bar man was afraid to do anything ...

eventually a load of the Spanish fans just left.

I'm under no illusions that these guys are ****ing idiots. At the same time it created an amazing atmosphere outside the stadium for the match. I have never seen them before and I've been to 10+ matches. They are banned from the stadium so I guess thats why. Now I guess they only show up for El Clasico.

I always ask these type of lads why they fight and everything like that and they can never give me an answer that isn't completely idiotic. When I say I travel for Irish games and tell them that Irish gets get pissed drunk and end up best friends with the local fans (mostly) THEY think that I am the idiot. :confused:

Season looks to be back on track. Was a worrying few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Other than the Valencia defeat I wouldn't have been too worried, but that one is so costly in terms of it has be all out wins from now on. From the Villarreal game until then were difficult games that could've gone either way.

Neymar's form was also worrying when there is no-one behind the front three to give him a rest.

Great final last night. Pique and Iniesta were immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

IrishCule wrote: »
    Great final last night. Pique and Iniesta were immense.

You're not wrong there, it was a thrilling game, Iniesta was out of this world, also thought Pique was immense last night, for me, he's the best centre back around, Busquets too was vital when our backs were to the wall. 2 moments of Messi magic won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Iniesta named MOTM giving him another MOTM title to add to his Euro final, World Cup final, Champions League final collection. Astoundingly brilliant player that I feel privileged to watch every time he takes to the pitch. Wish he could be cloned.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Iniesta named MOTM giving him another MOTM title to add to his Euro final, World Cup final, Champions League final collection. Astoundingly brilliant player that I feel privileged to watch every time he takes to the pitch. Wish he could be cloned.

Very true, it's a shame we won't see his like again, Rafinha is next in line, he's a magnificent prospect though quite different to Iniesta.

Sevilla's fan were unreal aswell. Great atmosphere even when the game was lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Iniesta was great last night but personally Pique was my MOTM, I thought he was brilliant. Without him they would have lost that game, he held that defence together when Macherano was sent off, blocked everything and didn't give Sevilla a sniff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

He really is a once in a generation, for me the real reason alongside Xavi Barcelona were so dominant.
    Just saw someone say Rafinha as his replacement, you must be taking the piss, like replacing a Porsche with a Lada :rolleyes:

Meanwhile in Spain.....

All but one of Real Madrid's games after midnight week Champions league games are at home. Meanwhile each of Barcelona's are away from home and include games against Valencia, Sevilla, Sociedad and Celta Vigo. Some things just never change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Gotta love Barcelona fans complaining about a fixed fixture list when they every year they conspire with Real Madrid to demand the League have the games between them played on the dates they want

Gotta love Barcelona fans complaining about a fixed fixture list when they every year they conspire with Real Madrid to demand the League have the games between them played on the dates they want

I wish reality were as you put it, unfortunately the harsh truth is that Barcelona, despite the size of the club and it's importance to the league, doesn't have even half of the pull of their closest rivals in terms of size and importance, Real Madrid. The fixture list is just another example of that. In the future when they look back on these last 8 years and the 6 leagues we've won they should regard them with extra pride given the climate in which Barcelona operate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Any idea what sort of a team Barcelona will bring to Dublin in 2 weeks time for the friendly against Celtic ?
    Im guessing it will be a pretty weak side as pre season training hasnt started yet.

The players are due back on Tuesday at 9.00am for their annual medical tests at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.
    Training starts the day after, both at 9.30am and at 6.30pm on every day apart from Friday and Sunday, when the players have a break in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Subacio wrote: »

Thanks ,looks like I feared ,it will be a reserve side bar Suarez and Turan in Dublin.
    Not worth traveling for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

About as direct & honest as a manager can get in the modern game

[justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "We have renewed our dreams. We're once again excited to start working and try to win everything."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique:"My future?I live in the present.I'll leave Bar a when they fire me or I need to rest. I'll evaluate that when the season ends"[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "All three GKs are under contract and we want them to stay. But they all have release clauses and can leave if it's paid."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "It's true that we're looking for a forward. There are players who think that they'll have few minutes if they come."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique:"What we want from the forward is for him to have faith, to want to come and think that he'll help. And there are lots of those"[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique:"Montoya and Tello are players I don't count on and I've told them that.They wanted to train with us and the club allowed them"[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "There is always some legal polemic surrounding the president, players... I don't think this will affect Leo."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "We're looking for a forward, but we could sign another player too if a good opportunity arises."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Samper is a pure pivot, 100% Bar a, can be a sub for certain starter. We'll see if he stays or goes on loan to play more."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "I was surprised that Alves left. He's a special player, positive, loving, happy, too happy at times. We'll miss him."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Alves is an exemplary football player and a professional like few others. Juve has made a great signing."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Last year when we thought Dani might leave we decided to sign Aleix and play Sergi there. So now we're covered."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "The forward we're looking for is a pure striker. For the wings we have Denis, Arda, Andres. A real striker that can score."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Leo had an extended vacation and I'm sure that he'll return as excited to play football and as willing to work as usual."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Leo's natural habitat is the pitch and I don't have any doubts that he'll return perfectly fine."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique:"It's true he didn't win the Copa Am rica,but football teaches you that you can do everything perfectly and the others can win"[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "I got bored watching some Euro games,it wasn't a good tournament."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "But I put myself in the shoes of NT coaches and I understand how difficult it is to build good teams in a short time."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Arda? I remember Laudrup's first year, Su rez's first months... The first year is difficult here."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "I have full confidence in Arda, last year he gave us a lot and this year he will do more, a lot more. I'm sure."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "I hope that the club and Mascherano finalize his renewal. I know they will. He's a vital player, on and off the pitch."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "From the first year to the second we changed things, improved in aspects that hurt us. We continue that now."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "We'll work in all aspects of attack, but that will also depend on the challenges our opponents present."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "I understand that the GKs wnt to play more, but every player does. I'll manage it as usual: doing what's best for the team."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "Ney and Rafinha had their vacation already, they will have a minimum of days off if they win, then they come back."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "The first season was amazing, the second had a few moments of movie drama and a happy ending."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "The third has to be the consolidation of an unique group and a special club."[/font][/justify]
    [justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "We will try to recover all the trophies while entertaining our fans around the world."[/font][/justify]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

miralize wrote: »
    About as direct & honest as a manager can get in the modern game

[justify][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Luis Enrique: "We have renewed our dreams. We're once again excited to start working and try to win everything."[/font][/justify]

Love Enrique near a mic, the man is always honest and fascinating to listen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Really dont understand the signing of Gomes

The fee is crazy

I like the two signings at the back

Digne for me could be a wonderful signing

This summer has confirmed whats been going on for a while but people were in denial

Barcelona dont have the young players coming through anymore

I look at Madrid and honestly they have the better home grown players

Samper and Sergio Roberto cant be held in the same breath as Busquets, Xavi and Messi

They have brought Dennis Suarez back, but cant see him playing much

Kobe248 wrote: »

The fee is crazy

This summer has confirmed whats been going on for a while but people were in denial

Samper and Sergio Roberto cant be held in the same breath as Busquets, Xavi and Messi

Samper can absolutely be held in the same breath as anybody, the lads is a marvel. The talent being produced hasn't changed, what's different now under Bartomeu, and previously Rosell, than the time under Laporta is the devotion to bringing through these youth players. On Laporta's watch the likes of Adama, Grimaldo and Denis Suarez never would have been sold without getting a fair chance at the first team. Samper would already be an established member of the squad and would possibly be at the same level Weigl is at now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The fee is crazy

Academies go in cycles. It's no surprise that there is a gap between the stars of the past and future. It happens at every club and Barca are not immune from it.

Oh and AIG. I'm surprised to see you here. Did you not you vow never to post on boards again? What changed?

Samper can absolutely be held in the same breath as anybody, the lads is a marvel. The talent being produced hasn't changed, what's different now under Bartomeu, and previously Rosell, than the time under Laporta is the devotion to bringing through these youth players. On Laporta's watch the likes of Adama, Grimaldo and Denis Suarez never would have been sold without getting a fair chance at the first team. Samper would already be an established member of the squad and would possibly be at the same level Weigl is at now.

I dont agree with that at all

Ive watched Adama regularly, hes all strength has very little end game

I find it a funny you rate Samper in the same breath as them

Hes no where near that level

Hes below Jese if were being honest

I like Suarez as I mentioned and agree he should have been given a shot

The talent that came through at the same time was a one off

Kirby wrote: »
    Academies go in cycles. It's no surprise that there is a gap between the stars of the past and future. It happens at every club and Barca are not immune from it.

Oh and AIG. I'm surprised to see you here. Did you not you vow never to post on boards again? What changed?

I agree with you regarding academies

My point was it was over blown at the time about it being a home grown club

Id rate it similar to United with the class of 92

There has been some good players to come through but never 5/6 at the same time

On another note, I hope they keep there jerseys sponsorless, first Barca jersey I liked in years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I agree with you regarding academies

My point was it was over blown at the time about it being a home grown club

Id rate it similar to United with the class of 92

There has been some good players to come through but never 5/6 at the same time

On another note, I hope they keep there jerseys sponsorless, first Barca jersey I liked in years

I think it had every right to be over blown. The treble winning side of 2009 had 6 la Masia players in the team which started the CL final. Another 3 on the bench.

When Spain won the World Cup, they had 7 starters in the final who came through La Masia.

When Barca beat Real 5-0 in Novemeber 2010, the 10 on the pitch at the end were La Masia graduates.

It is pretty much unprecedented what that "class" between 1998 - 2010 of graduates achieved.

Of course it isn't reasonable to think that such a supply can happen every time. Peaks and troughs etc.

gimmick wrote: »
    I think it had every right to be over blown. The treble winning side of 2009 had 6 la Masia players in the team which started the CL final. Another 3 on the bench.

When Spain won the World Cup, they had 7 starters in the final who came through La Masia.

When Barca beat Real 5-0 in Novemeber 2010, the 10 on the pitch at the end were La Masia graduates.

It is pretty much unprecedented what that "class" between 1998 - 2010 of graduates achieved.

Of course it isn't reasonable to think that such a supply can happen every time. Peaks and troughs etc.

They didnt have a class from 98 to 2010 though

They had a group come through in the end around 2008

Barca fans still say its a home grown club when it isnt

Its not possible to sustain the level of talent they had

The same way United didnt and the way Barca now are unable to

Barca always had one or two home grown players but excluding the class from the 2000-2004 era never a teams worth of players

They didnt have a class from 98 to 2010 though

They had a group come through in the end around 2008

Barca fans still say its a home grown club when it isnt

Its not possible to sustain the level of talent they had

The same way United didnt and the way Barca now are unable to

You missed my point. Between 1998 - 2010 there was a constant supply of players coming through. Xavi Iniesta and Puyol kicked off the era, Busquets, Pedro were the last ones to truly come out of it.
    Barca always had one or two home grown players but excluding the class from the 2000-2004 era never a teams worth of players

Except for whrn they had. And when they had they won everything, including a World Cup and 2 European Championships for Spain.

You missed my point. Between 1998 - 2010 there was a constant supply of players coming through. Xavi Iniesta and Puyol kicked off the era, Busquets, Pedro were the last ones to truly come out of it.

Except for whrn they had. And when they had they won everything, including a World Cup and 2 European Championships for Spain.

There wasnt a constant flow though

They came through at the same time

It dropped drastically

To now there really isnt a starter on the team that came through more recent than 2008

I agree they were stars and they dominated I am not disagreeing at all with this in any way

Surely 8 years without a starter is a long time for a club who preach being home made

Thiago is the one truly talented player that has come through since then and he was sold

Its the same thing as United, they dominated with there boys but havent produced players at that level since

But you dont hear United getting the same praise as Barca when you look at it they should

They supply just as much players to the league as Barca when you look around

Most teams have a ex United youth player

I would argue there was a good flow from 98 onwards.

You had Puyol and Xavi. Then Iniesta and Valdes. Then Messi. Bojan had a decent few seasons. Then you had Pique come back. Busquets given a debut in the same season as Pedro made a name for himself.

There were a few others in and out of the team who didn't quite make the grade as well, like Oleguer, Jeffren, Bojan went downhill, Montoya (who I believe shouldnt have been let go tbh).

If every club could have a supply like that over a decade they would be rightly crowing about it.
    But you don't hear United getting the same praise as Barca when you look at it they should

Yes you do. People are still going on about "you dont win anything with kids" and the whole Class of 92 thing.

There wasnt a constant flow though

They came through at the same time

It dropped drastically

To now there really isnt a starter on the team that came through more recent than 2008

I agree they were stars and they dominated I am not disagreeing at all with this in any way

Surely 8 years without a starter is a long time for a club who preach being home made

Thiago is the one truly talented player that has come through since then and he was sold

Its the same thing as United, they dominated with there boys but havent produced players at that level since

But you dont hear United getting the same praise as Barca when you look at it they should

They supply just as much players to the league as Barca when you look around

Most teams have a ex United youth player

"You don't hear Man UTD get the same praise that Barca"

They literally just had a movie made about their class of 92. Meanwhile Man Utd's group consisted of mostly English players who did nothing at international level while Barcelona's group formed the basis of literally the most successful international team ever and dominated club football in a way Man Utd's group did not. There's no comparison.

As I said, the issue is with the current board in charge rather than the talent being produced. If you are at the Aviva next Saturday you will see in Samper and Alena 2 players with the potential to be absolute superstars, few clubs produce players like that as consistently as Barcelona do.

I would argue there was a good flow from 98 onwards.

You had Puyol and Xavi. Then Iniesta and Valdes. Then Messi. Bojan had a decent few seasons. Then you had Pique come back. Busquets given a debut in the same season as Pedro made a name for himself.

There were a few others in and out of the team who didn't quite make the grade as well, like Oleguer, Jeffren, Bojan went downhill, Montoya (who I believe shouldnt have been let go tbh).

If every club could have a supply like that over a decade they would be rightly crowing about it.

Yes you do. People are still going on about "you dont win anything with kids" and the whole Class of 92 thing.

United dont get close to the praise as Barca

Come on Bojan, hes not at the level of Barcelona hes decent but thats it

Hes the trend of the current Barca players decent but not a lot more

You pretty much are saying what I said, decent players good enough for mid table La Liga sides but shouldnt be near the Barca team

Actually have a look at the players who came through at Barcelona you will be surprised to see how much meh players there has been in the last 10 years

"You don't hear Man UTD get the same praise that Barca"

They literally just had a movie made about their class of 92. Meanwhile Man Utd's group consisted of mostly English players who did nothing at international level while Barcelona's group formed the basis of literally the most successful international team ever and dominated club football in a way Man Utd's group did not. There's no comparison.

As I said, the issue is with the current board in charge rather than the talent being produced. If you are at the Aviva next Saturday you will see in Samper and Alena 2 players with the potential to be absolute superstars, few clubs produce players like that as consistently as Barcelona do.

As I said already there hasnt been a starter since 2008

They sold Thiago as he wasnt able to displace the others a massive mistake in my eyes

But he is talented so one player in what 8 years thats not exactly the factory that is put forward

I have watched plenty of Barca B games and Samper is nothing special

In three years he will be out of Barca

Alena has barely played at B level so to be able to cast him already as a potential superstar is crazy

What are you rating this on reading a few scouting reports, there is no way youve watched him live often enough to be even try predict this

I can list you 20 prospects that were hyped up just because they came from La Masia who are just average players

Unfortunately Bojan is an example of a guy who felt he had done it all at 21 and decided to put his feet up. He had everything it took to be a great player for his entire career if he gave a fúck.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Bojan is an example of a guy who felt he had done it all at 21 and decided to put his feet up. He had everything it took to be a great player for his entire career if he gave a fúck.

I never bought into the hype he got myself

He was billed as Messi but a poacher :confused:

But yeah his career really nose dived after turning down playing for Spain

So what do we think of Messis new hair do

CoINkQyWcAAttGf.jpg

CoKIKO1WgAA3i21.jpg

As I said already there hasnt been a starter since 2008

They sold Thiago as he wasnt able to displace the others a massive mistake in my eyes

But he is talented so one player in what 8 years thats not exactly the factory that is put forward

I have watched plenty of Barca B games and Samper is nothing special

In three years he will be out of Barca

Alena has barely played at B level so to be able to cast him already as a potential superstar is crazy

What are you rating this on reading a few scouting reports, there is no way youve watched him live often enough to be even try predict this

I can list you 20 prospects that were hyped up just because they came from La Masia who are just average players

No starter since 2008 but then again you are talking about breaking into, probably, the starting 11 of the greatest team that has ever existed so the bar is set rather high I'd say.

I'm a massive Thiago fan, Rosell wasn't, Guardiola was thus he was sold for funds. Under Laporta he'd have never even considered leaving. Watch out for Rafinha, if you want to talk La Masia starters in the very near future he is next, the young lad is superb.

That's a crazy appraisal of Samper, he is the quintessential Barcelona pivot, to steal a quote he is a "pure pivot." He has been signed to a new long term deals, his day in the sun will come, just as it did for Guardiola, for Xavi and for Busquets, he is Barcelona to the core.

Gotta jump on those hype trains early and the Alena train is gearing up to leave the station already, he's a massive talent with untold potential. Though he's a bit older than Alena, I'm also a big fan of Kaptoum.

Ah you would be very surprised at just how much football I can, and do, watch. The Barça B games are quite accessible too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

So what do we think of Messis new hair do

CoINkQyWcAAttGf.jpg

Jesus didn't realise bieber was THAT influential.

Personally I like his new hair, it's quite nice and it's a brave choice of colour. More than that I admire his expressive attitude, that "I don't care what you say" vibe emanates from his heart and seeps through his scalp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think he looks ridiculous, to be honest: too much going on all at once.

Far too much.

But sure, he's the genius superstar: I'm just a man with impeccable taste.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, who cares about a hairstyle :rolleyes:????

No starter since 2008 but then again you are talking about breaking into, probably, the starting 11 of the greatest team that has ever existed so the bar is set rather high I'd say.

I'm a massive Thiago fan, Rosell wasn't, Guardiola was thus he was sold for funds. Under Laporta he'd have never even considered leaving. Watch out for Rafinha, if you want to talk La Masia starters in the very near future he is next, the young lad is superb.

That's a crazy appraisal of Samper, he is the quintessential Barcelona pivot, to steal a quote he is a "pure pivot." He has been signed to a new long term deals, his day in the sun will come, just as it did for Guardiola, for Xavi and for Busquets, he is Barcelona to the core.

Gotta jump on those hype trains early and the Alena train is gearing up to leave the station already, he's a massive talent with untold potential. Though he's a bit older than Alena, I'm also a big fan of Kaptoum.

Ah you would be very surprised at just how much football I can, and do, watch. The Barça B games are quite accessible too.

Rafinha has stagnated, he doesnt have the pure ability of his brother and I cant ever see him being a starter for Barcelona

Its not a crazy appraisal of Samper, its a realistic view of him as I said already in 3 years he wont be at Barca, this guy is 21 and has played one game for Barcelona, they will do the same deal as Suarez did with Villareal

You are honestly going to say you can rate Alena on what ten appearances for the B squad, appearances not starts thats just laughable tbh

I honestly think your just going on wikipedia and picking of players that have a different nationality, what about the Korean Messi the next big talent or have you googled potential wonderkids who play for Barcelona on football manager :pac:

Personally I like his new hair, it's quite nice and it's a brave choice of colour. More than that I admire his expressive attitude, that "I don't care what you say" vibe emanates from his heart and seeps through his scalp.

Its not really a brave new colour, so its not really a I dont care what you say vibe

This is the rage in Argentina right now

You know his country of birth

I like it to, think the beard suits him aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Absolutely gorrrrrrrgeous so tis xx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

f34419d4908f11c7d7e441da34527cbd.650x370x1.jpg

Do you like Lionel Messi's new haircut?

Hey Real madrid Supporters!
    17ehugrsiwh8ojpg.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement