Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Personally I like his new hair, it's quite nice and it's a brave choice of colour. More than that I admire his expressive attitude, that "I don't care what you say" vibe emanates from his heart and seeps through his scalp.

not sure if this is a p1ss take but if not...................

Ron-Burgundy-Say-What-Anchorman-2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Besiktas have completed the signing of Adriano Correia from Barcelona for an initial €600,000.

Barcelona said the transfer fee for Adriano, 31, will rise by €1.7 million if Bestikas qualify for the Champions League within the duration of his contract.

Barcelona have basically given him away for nothing ,he is only 31 .
    Not great business but perhaps the club are being kind to the player and allowing him get a big signing on fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

There you have it, the first pre season game of Barcelona's season. Messi and Suarez (even being far from full fitness) are a class above everybody else. Also how could you not admire the stunning football which our young team produced in the second day half with Samper and Alena doing rather eerily accurate impressions of Busquets and Iniesta respectively while Cámara shone at left back. Denis Suarez already looks like he will be a quality addition to this club, brilliant business to bring him back. All in all its a good start to a season in which Barcelona will aim to win everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

There you have it, the first pre season game of Barcelona's season. Messi and Suarez (even being far from full fitness) are a class above everybody else. Also how could you not admire the stunning football which our young team produced in the second day half with Samper and Alena doing rather eerily accurate impressions of Busquets and Iniesta respectively while Cámara shone at left back. Denis Suarez already looks like he will be a quality addition to this club, brilliant business to bring him back. All in all its a good start to a season in which Barcelona will aim to win everything.

Your comparisons of Samper and Alena are hilarious so Im not going to touch that :pac:

Is it really brilliant business to bring him back, they had a really cheap buy out clause it would be idiotic not to use it for a player of his standard, the same with Madrid and Morata

Kobe248 wrote: »
    Your comparisons of Samper and Alena are hilarious so Im not going to touch that :pac:

Is it really brilliant business to bring him back, they had a really cheap buy out clause it would be idiotic not to use it for a player of his standard, the same with Madrid and Morata

Did you see some of Samper's covering movements and a few of his line-breaking passes? The lad is the quintessential Barcelona pivot. Alena is simply a stunning talent, bet the house, bet the mortgage, bet the wife, the kids and the dog on this kid being a big star foe Barcelona in the future.

Did you see some of Samper's covering movements and a few of his line-breaking passes? The lad is the quintessential Barcelona pivot. Alena is simply a stunning talent, bet the house, bet the mortgage, bet the wife, the kids and the dog on this kid being a big star foe Barcelona in the future.

Hahahaha stop buddy,

You to funny

Did you google the Barca B team and check which players that would play in the friendlies and decide thats how youd show your knowledge of the game :pac:

Ah but in seriousness if you wanna get hyped about a teams youth players thats your business

I think your very very wrong :D

Hahahaha stop buddy,

You to funny

Did you google the Barca B team and check which players that would play in the friendlies and decide thats how youd show your knowledge of the game :pac:

Ah but in seriousness if you wanna get hyped about a teams youth players thats your business

I think your very very wrong :D

Check my post history, I've been raving about Samper for quite some time. Everyone has known about Alena but it's only last season he began to make waves at a senior level. When you follow a club devoutly you watch many of their teams and players play, you see highlights too, you follow progress. I feel safe when I say there isn't a single poster on this forum that watches more football than I do so when I speak about a player it's through a combination of the benefit of my own eyes and judgement plus some stellar and trustworthy accounts of others. When I say Alena is the next big prospect from La Masia, you'd better believe that this isn't some low flying panic attack (credit Radiohead), what I say is for real and he is the perfect talent at the perfect club to nurture him to greatness.

Check my post history, I've been raving about Samper for quite some time. Everyone has known about Alena but it's only last season he began to make waves at a senior level. When you follow a club devoutly you watch many of their teams and players play, you see highlights too, you follow progress. I feel safe when I say there isn't a single poster on this forum that watches more football than I do so when I speak about a player it's through a combination of the benefit of my own eyes and judgement plus some stellar and trustworthy accounts of others. When I say Alena is the next big prospect from La Masia, you'd better believe that this isn't some low flying panic attack (credit Radiohead), what I say is for real and he is the perfect talent at the perfect club to nurture him to greatness.

Im pretty confident I watch more football than you

I have watched enough of the B team to know that Alena isnt all that the same with Samper and the same with Traore at Villa

Everyone raved about him cause he was fast and took on players

He is a nothing player who will be playing in Russia or somewhere similar in the next 3 seasons

Once again Im not saying I dont believe you when you say you watch these players, I have zero proof

Im just highly sceptical

But hey I thought Alexandre Coeff was the next big deal when watching him come through at Lens and was pretty much just a matter of time before he followed Varane another player I liked to the top

Im pretty confident I watch more football than you

I have watched enough of the B team to know that Alena isnt all that the same with Samper and the same with Traore at Villa

Everyone raved about him cause he was fast and took on players

He is a nothing player who will be playing in Russia or somewhere similar in the next 3 seasons

Once again Im not saying I dont believe you when you say you watch these players, I have zero proof

Im just highly sceptical

But hey I thought Alexandre Coeff was the next big deal when watching him come through at Lens and was pretty much just a matter of time before he followed Varane another player I liked to the top

You think so? You must watch quite the amount then because during a season, and even during the off season, the amount of complete 90 minutes of football content I watch is considerable. That's not even taking into account other facets of the game outside of the 90 minutes which I consume. Anyway...That's veering from my point.

I've seen enough of him to say that his raw talent is remarkable, he fits the Barcelona mould and he, and Samper, have what, imo, all great midfielders have, he has a football brain to go along with that impeccable technique. That's why they will make it.

The two of them are also very different players to Adama.

You think so? You must watch quite the amount then because during a season, and even during the off season, the amount of complete 90 minutes of football content I watch is considerable. That's not even taking into account other facets of the game outside of the 90 minutes which I consume. Anyway...That's veering from my point.

I've seen enough of him to say that his raw talent is remarkable, he fits the Barcelona mould and he, and Samper, have what, imo, all great midfielders have, he has a football brain to go along with that impeccable technique. That's why they will make it.

The two of them are also very different players to Adama.

Yes as I said Im pretty confident, regardless of your outside activites

Im going to continue to disagree with you on these as I said your statements come across a bit copy and paste, in other words these are statements Ive heard about Munir, Tello, Giovanni, Assulin, Cuenca, Bojan, Duelofoe

Players who were all hyped as the next Ronaldinho, Messi or Barcas own Ronaldo or as you said yourself like watching Busquets and Iniesta re-incarnate

These are all just buzz words that have been used for years regarding Barca when in reality since Busquets there has been only Thiago whos been of any high talent

I used Adama as a example as you previously said hed still be at the club if Laporta was there all while ignoring Laporta had got rid of plenty of players from La Masia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

AIG just copies what Barca fan boys say on twitter. His views are the exact same as them. Complete bias to Barcelona.

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117
    https://twitter.com/FutbolSergi

Just two of the accounts he copies.

MD1990 wrote: »
    AIG just copies what Barca fan boys say on twitter. His views are the exact same as them. Complete bias to Barcelona.

Ah right

Although maybe one of those are his accounts

To the batmobile Robin :D

To say Samper is a remarkable talent is way over the top. When he has played in the 1st team he has just been ok nothing more & he is 21. He is currently playing in the 3rd tier of spanish football. I have barely seen him but to make it to Barca's 1st team while playing in the 3rd tier of Spanish football is a huge task.

But the improvement Sergi Roberto has made is maybe an example to follow. He has brillant last season after most Barca fans complained about Enrique using him.

MD1990 wrote: »

I'm a huge fan of Rafael Hernandez, I often quote (and credit) his work here on Boards.ie, the other account I don't follow. However my opinions are formed based on my own judgements and the judgements of others I respect and trust.

Obviously not every youth player can get into the first team squad, numerically it's literally impossible. However if Laporta were still President you can be assured that the really top talents like Thiago, Samper, Grimaldo ect. all would have gotten a proper shot at the first team. That's the Cruyff way, of which Laporta was utterly dedicated to.

I was never a big advocate of Bojan or Dos Santos by the way. However if you are seeking to lock me onto some hype trains I've long been on the Samper one, now so too the Alena one. I'm also a member of the Rafinha Alcantara hype train too.

I'm a huge fan of Rafael Hernandez, I often quote (and credit) his work here on Boards.ie, the other account I don't follow. However my opinions are formed based on my own judgements and the judgements of others I respect and trust.

Obviously not every youth player can get into the first team squad, numerically it's literally impossible. However if Laporta were still President you can be assured that the really top talents like Thiago, Samper, Grimaldo ect. all would have gotten a proper shot at the first team. That's the Cruyff way, of which Laporta was utterly dedicated to.

I was never a big advocate of Bojan or Dos Santos by the way. However if you are seeking to lock me onto some hype trains I've long been on the Samper one, now so too the Alena one. I'm also a member of the Rafinha Alcantara hype train too.

I wasnt locking you onto any player youre misunderstanding me

Im saying Ive heard this all before and it ends with the same result

Just because you didnt say it doesnt mean I havent heard similar tripe from would be Barca fans

Im not locking you in with them, I dont know your posts or views really only what I have briefly seen, you do tend to dodge statements and enjoy buzz words though :pac:

We clearly have different views on La Masia and the upcoming Barca youths though, I will never try force my views on you

And yes I will hold you to Samper and Alena :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Personally I like his new hair, it's quite nice and it's a brave choice of colour. More than that I admire his expressive attitude, that "I don't care what you say" vibe emanates from his heart and seeps through his scalp.

Brave? Expressive? What a load of fanboy BS. There is nothing brave or expressive about that hair. Going blonde seems to be the latest trend among footballers. If anything I'd consider Messi to be a bit of a sheep after going with that hair colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think justin bieber started the trend

Brave? Expressive? What a load of fanboy BS. There is nothing brave or expressive about that hair. Going blonde seems to be the latest trend among footballers. If anything I'd consider Messi to be a bit of a sheep after going with that hair colour.

I thought the poster was taking the p!! Then I saw some of his posts! He put some peroxide in his bloody hair! He didn't climb Everest for charity!

I thought the poster was taking the p!! Then I saw some of his posts! He put some peroxide in his bloody hair! He didn't climb Everest for charity!

I do not joke, ever. Know this.

• Advertisement

I think justin bieber started the trend

I bleached my hair in early 2000s! I should have patented the look! I was very brave and expressive back then, my "I don't care what you say" vibe emanated from his heart and seeped through my scalp.

Well that was pretty darn good. Messi, Luis Suarez, Munir and Denis Suarez all superb. Seeing that level of play only makes me more excited for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Well that was pretty darn good. Messi, Luis Suarez, Munir and Denis Suarez all superb. Seeing that level of play only makes me more excited for this season.

How about yesterday's game? You must be a bit concerned defensively based on preseason. From what I have seen of Barcelona they have given away quite a few sloppy goals and from trying to overplay out from the back.

How about yesterday's game? You must be a bit concerned defensively based on preseason. From what I have seen of Barcelona they have given away quite a few sloppy goals and from trying to overplay out from the back.

oh, don't start him! Cue post re it being ok to applaud a pre season win but it's also fair game to defend a pre season defeat I'd predict!

I wouldnt judge a team on either but the level of hyperbolism in some of these posts is both funny and baffling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

But.. but.. but they had 70% possession and like 760 passes, don't they get the win for playing pretty football :(

But.. but.. but they had 70% possession and like 760 passes, don't they get the win for playing pretty football :(

The pretty football is simply the cherry pn the cake of being FC Barcelona, the cake is that this club is the most successful in the 21st century, we don't need made up awards.

• Advertisement

Wasn't sure where to put this article, could have gone in a variety of threads but I opted for this one as it gives such an interesting first-hand account of Guardiola's work at Barcelona via his midfield metronome, Xavi Hernandez. While it also looks at the impact Pep will have on City and how he has developed as a coach.

Also the other thing I'm thinking while reading this is how ridiculously excited I am for the day when Xavi Hernandez becomes coach of FC Barcelona. Just as he followed in Pep's footsteps on the pitch, is it possible he could leave as big a mark in management too.

Here's the article: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/10/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-barcelona-xavi

Taken from The Guardian, written by Xavi Hernandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Barca look absolutely miles off the pace.

They've a ways to go before they're ready to defend their title.

Gbear wrote: »
    Barca look absolutely miles off the pace.

They've a ways to go before they're ready to defend their title.

You rang?

I won't get too flowery or poetic, I'll just leave it by saying we're back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

You rang?

I won't get too flowery or poetic, I'll just leave it by saying we're back.

Were you playing for Barcelona tonight?

Were you playing for Barcelona tonight?

Every time Barcelona step onto the pitch every single Cule is with them. Millions of us. But hey, since you've ventured in here, lets discuss the game. Im assuming you watched the match and you haven't just entered onto a club thread to be some kind of grammar nazi, so what did you think of it? Denis Suarez looks every inch the part in Xavi's old number 6 jersey. Digne seems like a fantastic purchase, Munir is developing into the player we all hoped he would in front of our very eyes and that Suarez/Messi partnership is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Every time Barcelona step onto the pitch every single Cule is with them. Millions of us. But hey, since you've ventured in here, lets discuss the game. Im assuming you watched the match and you haven't just entered onto a club thread to be some kind of grammar nazi, so what did you think of it? Denis Suarez looks every inch the part in Xavi's old number 6 jersey. Digne seems like a fantastic purchase, Munir is developing into the player we all hoped he would in front of our very eyes and that Suarez/Messi partnership is unbelievable.

No I just glanced at the thread hoping to find out who won.

I'm still not sure who won.

As matter of interest how many Barcelona games do you go to each year seeing as you are so tied to the club?

No I just glanced at the thread hoping to find out who won.

I'm still not sure who won.

As matter of interest how many Barcelona games do you go to each year seeing as you are so tied to the club?

Unfortunately as you have not actually watched the match which just happened and as a result you cant contribute to a debate on that match I wont be continuing a conversation with you in this thread at this time as it would be utterly pointless.

(A couple, again this season before December)

Unfortunately as you have not actually watched the match which just happened and as a result you cant contribute to a debate on that match I wont be continuing a conversation with you in this thread at this time as it would be utterly pointless.

(A couple, again this season before December)

2 matches a season out of 60, that's unbelievable commitment to the cause.Fair play.

2 matches a season out of 60, that's unbelievable commitment to the cause.Fair play.

Some of us actually work and some of us choose to spend a fair amount of our hard earned money travelling to their favourite club, taking time out from work (not always easy to get) and away from our families. Some of us have commitments and responsibilities but we choose to spend as much time as possible watching our favourite club and visiting it as often as possible.

Some of us actually work and some of us choose to spend a fair amount of our hard earned money travelling to their favourite club, taking time out from work (not always easy to get) and away from our families. Some of us have commitments and responsibilities but we choose to spend as much time as possible watching our favourite club and visiting it as often as possible.

Fair play.As I said 2 matches a season is great commitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Your dedication in getting to the Aviva on a Saturday is an inspiration to us all

Fair play.As I said 2 matches a season is great commitment.

Thanks 😊

So where do we all think Andre Gomes might slot into the team after seeing that tonight. Suarez impressed in the Iniesta role. Rakitic was fantastic and will be tough to displace.

So where do we all think Andre Gomes might slot into the team after seeing that tonight. Suarez impressed in the Iniesta role. Rakitic was fantastic and will be tough to displace.

Do you ever feel like you are talking to your shadow! :D

Andre Gomez will be Rakitic's reolacement when he needs rotation. Both cover a lot of ground which is needed in Barca's midfield. Gomez is good in duels too & does have quality in possession too.
    Sergi Roberto probably be at RB full time now that Vidal doesn't look up to it.

• Advertisement

Are these rumours of Claudio Bravo moving to Man City true ?

It would be a baffling move to sell him ,he is a vastly superior keeper to Ter Stegen .
    The guy has been immense for Barcelona over the last 2 seasons ,he should be number 1 ,but I guess Ter Stegen is younger and Barcelona are looking to the future.

Id be sad to see him move to a club like Man City .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are these rumours of Claudio Bravo moving to Man City true ?

It would be a baffling move to sell him ,he is a vastly superior keeper to Ter Stegen .
    The guy has been immense for Barcelona over the last 2 seasons ,he should be number 1 ,but I guess Ter Stegen is younger and Barcelona are looking to the future.

Id be sad to see him move to a club like Man City .

Ter Stegen seems to have picked up an injury so I reckon Bravo will be staying put

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pretty impressive start, I was expecting it to be a lot more rusty. Rakitic aside, there hasn't been a bad performance.

dfx- wrote: »
    Pretty impressive start, I was expecting it to be a lot more rusty. Rakitic aside, there hasn't been a bad performance.

Looked good allright.
    Suarez is some player ,a hat trick to start the season.

The commentators on Sky were talking about Bravo being taken off near the end to get a round of applause to send him off to Man City.
    It didnt happen but shortly after the match Barcelona's sporting director Robert Fernandez announced that goalkeeper Claudio Bravo will be joining Manchester City.
    Fernandez said: 'We have an agreement in principle with Manchester City for Claudio Bravo. We are waiting for events this week. We will open the door for Claudio when we sign another goalkeeper.
    'We were talking about his contract renewal when City's offer arrived and the player told us that he wanted to think well about it, and evaluate other things. In the end we reached the principle of an agreement

I think its a huge mistake getting rid of Bravo ,he has been a great player for Barcelona over the last two years ,a calming steady influence in goals .
    The quiet one ,as he was known at Betis ,Bravo has been everything that the Catalan club had hoped he would be. He came in and provided experience in La Liga in Luis Enrique's debut season while Ter Stegen started in the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. In the end, Barca won it all that year .

In his second season at Camp Nou, the Chilean came in to steady the side after a difficult month for Ter Stegen at the beginning of the campaign. Barca's defence had been shaky and again his experience proved vital. As in his debut campaign, Bravo was first choice in La Liga, with Ter Stegen preferred in the cup competitions.

Ter Stegen is young and talented but he seems to have a habit of making clangers ,he doesnt have the calming influence of Bravo.

Its sad to see Bravo leave ,especially to Man City .

Looked good allright.
    Suarez is some player ,a hat trick to start the season.

The commentators on Sky were talking about Bravo being taken off near the end to get a round of applause to send him off to Man City.
    It didnt happen but shortly after the match Barcelona's sporting director Robert Fernandez announced that goalkeeper Claudio Bravo will be joining Manchester City.
    Fernandez said: 'We have an agreement in principle with Manchester City for Claudio Bravo. We are waiting for events this week. We will open the door for Claudio when we sign another goalkeeper.
    'We were talking about his contract renewal when City's offer arrived and the player told us that he wanted to think well about it, and evaluate other things. In the end we reached the principle of an agreement

I think its a huge mistake getting rid of Bravo ,he has been a great player for Barcelona over the last two years ,a calming steady influence in goals .
    The quiet one ,as he was known at Betis ,Bravo has been everything that the Catalan club had hoped he would be. He came in and provided experience in La Liga in Luis Enrique's debut season while Ter Stegen started in the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. In the end, Barca won it all that year .

In his second season at Camp Nou, the Chilean came in to steady the side after a difficult month for Ter Stegen at the beginning of the campaign. Barca's defence had been shaky and again his experience proved vital. As in his debut campaign, Bravo was first choice in La Liga, with Ter Stegen preferred in the cup competitions.

Ter Stegen is young and talented but he seems to have a habit of making clangers ,he doesnt have the calming influence of Bravo.

Its sad to see Bravo leave ,especially to Man City .

is this your blog?

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3921/transfer-zone/2016/08/17/26602782/bravo-barcelona-blaugrana-right-to-sacrifice-chilean-for-ter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It might be ....

Is this yours

blog-troll.jpg

nope...............

Good blog, you do a fine job :D;)

nope...............

Good blog, you do a fine job :D;)

Perhaps you should actually try contributing to this thread instead of just having snips at posters on it ,as that's all your posting activity indicates.

I look forward to reading your future input,that's if you aren't too busy posting in the Celebrity Big Brother forum .

• Advertisement

Perhaps you should actually try contributing to this thread instead of just having snips at posters on it ,as that's all your posting activity indicates.

I look forward to reading your future input,that's if you aren't too busy posting in the Celebrity Big Brother forum .

get that chip off your shoulder and lighten up!
    It was a joke! No need to take it so hard! I had read the article Saturday morning and I genuinely thought it was yours when I read it last night given it was word for word in certain parts until you replied. Its no harm quoting it, but no need to get so b1tchy! I was just having a joke with the second reply. ;)

I know you arent the only one on Boards who passes work off as their own and it makes ZERO odds to me. I was genuinely interested whether it was your blog.

Why you brought my posting in another thread into it is beyond me??!!

Advertisement