Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

flahavaj wrote: »
    He should try get a job working for a better paper then tbh. The article is crap.

What particularly made you unhappy about the article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Why is it that every one has started hitting on Barca recently? I mean surely to god you don't believe every thing the media has said. Read your news with a pinch of salt folks, journalists will try and make an article juicy and the sad thing is most of you are biting straight into it without stopping to think. These Barca players are being quoted and/or wrongly quoted in the wrong f'n places.

When Rooney goes on the piss up and is singing in the street at all hours of the night why aren't United called piss heads? But when 1, maybe 2! Barca players say any thing related to their FRIENDS (because Cesc is good friends with many of the Barca team) there accused of being snobby, petulant and "tapping up"
    I'm sorry but some of you need to stop being so easily lead...

Any way..
    Nice to see the Villa, Messi combination starting to bud. Give it another few weeks when thing's are in full flow and we really will have an absolute gem of an attack.

Iniesta played well last night, imo man of the match, adopted the Xavi role when Xavi was taken off, and did so with ease.
    Alves had another good game last night, good to see him still hungry to get forward and help out.
    Maxwell was caught for pace on 2 or 3 occasions last night, I think Pep will have to call him up about his positional awareness.

Also, nice to see Bojan get a few minutes near the end, keep him hungry and feeling rewarded :)

If quotes are being attributed to them that they did not utter then surely they have the right to begin legal proceedings against the paper that printed them?

I mean personally, if it was me, I'd be taking them to the cleaners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If quotes are being attributed to them that they did not utter then surely they have the right to begin legal proceedings against the paper that printed them?

I mean personally, if it was me, I'd be taking them to the cleaners.

http://goonertalk.com/2010/08/02/barca-captain-puyol-denies-cesc-quotes/

Some of the quotes are obviously true, but I think people need to look at the bigger picture. It is cnutish behaviour, but it's clear that Cesc wanted his buddies to make the statements, he was trying to force a move without coming out the bad guy - something he has accomplished well. Cesc could easily have just texted any of the Barca lads telling them to stop, but he didn't, as they are all best friends.

Well said eZe^

I am just failing to understand why the club name is being called into question when really its just a very small few people commenting about their friends, and people get all up in arms over it. Relax, there really is bigger things going on in our world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Any way..
    Nice to see the Villa, Messi combination starting to bud. Give it another few weeks when thing's are in full flow and we really will have an absolute gem of an attack.

Iniesta played well last night, imo man of the match, adopted the Xavi role when Xavi was taken off, and did so with ease.
    Alves had another good game last night, good to see him still hungry to get forward and help out.
    Maxwell was caught for pace on 2 or 3 occasions last night, I think Pep will have to call him up about his positional awareness.

Also, nice to see Bojan get a few minutes near the end, keep him hungry and feeling rewarded :)

Very nice to see them linking up a couple times, that back heel Villa played in to Messi, i think it took a slight deflection but was great awareness and great skill. Also all 3 goals vere so brilliantly taken, the attack is frightning to watch at times, they move the ball so quickly when they want to. Alves did have a good game too, his final ball was a lot better than it usually is, a great cross to find Villa for the 3rd goal. All in all it was a very good start to the season, i thought it might take them a couple games to get going but they seemed to play good right from the start. Exciting times ahead.

Haters gon' hate davie! :p

eZe^ wrote: »
    http://goonertalk.com/2010/08/02/barca-captain-puyol-denies-cesc-quotes/

Some of the quotes are obviously true, but I think people need to look at the bigger picture. It is cnutish behaviour, but it's clear that Cesc wanted his buddies to make the statements, he was trying to force a move without coming out the bad guy - something he has accomplished well. Cesc could easily have just texted any of the Barca lads telling them to stop, but he didn't, as they are all best friends.

I know Puyol rubbished those quotes attributed to him but still, I'd have to question the truthfulness of what he's saying if he's not going down the legal route.

I've no doubt Cesc is quietly contented with what has been said by the Barca players, that in itself and his lack of urgency in asking his mates to show a bit of class, should be enough to lower his standing slightly in the eyes of Arsenal fans. If I was an Arsenal fan, I know I would be very disappointed in their skipper.

I'm kinda fine combing through last nights game, just watched it again this morning. Keita seems to do well when under pressure than when he has space, lol. There was a few times last night were his touch, or passes were sloppy, but he makes up for it with his work rate.

Also, what do people make our our champions league group. Ruben Kazan again :(!

And on Puyols comments, why would he bother with the legal route when nothing hurtful has been said?

There isn't a team in Europe last season who got a win/ draw out of us last season other than Rubin, they'll be tough of course, but I don't think they'll be able to perform as well as they last season for another 180 minutes. We have a relatively easy group, one that we'd want to be topping if there's a realistic expectation of winning the competition. Still though, going away to Rubin and Panathanaikos will be difficult. (Although at least the Rubin away leg is in September, and not November, where the team would freeze to death)

• Advertisement

True, the conditions last year were horrible.

Has there been any more on why Xavi was taken off? All I can find any were is a precaution. A precaution in relation to what? :( And will he be going on International Duty?

True, the conditions last year were horrible.

Has there been any more on why Xavi was taken off? All I can find any were is a precaution. A precaution in relation to what? :( And will he be going on International Duty?

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/08/29/n100829112623.html

I'm kinda fine combing through last nights game, just watched it again this morning. Keita seems to do well when under pressure than when he has space, lol. There was a few times last night were his touch, or passes were sloppy, but he makes up for it with his work rate.

Also, what do people make our our champions league group. Ruben Kazan again :(!

And on Puyols comments, why would he bother with the legal route when nothing hurtful has been said?
    Fair point but personally, that is a standard of journalism that deserves to be punished, regardless of the actual content of the quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

redout wrote: »
    Pretty sure he is an Arsenal supporter.

Correct - the whole Fab thing has completely sensitised me to these shenanigans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Good god he is one scruffy looking git

2010-08-30_REVISION_MEDICA_JAVIER_MASCHERANO_005.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

With his curly hair, teeth and string vest. If he wasn't a footballer he'd be an Argentine alcho that leers at women, an Argentine Rab C Nesbitt.

Ush1 wrote: »
    With his curly hair, teeth and string vest. If he wasn't a footballer he'd be an Argentine alcho that leers at women, an Argentine Rab C Nesbitt.

On first glimpse I thought he looked like a homeless alcho :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I just hope that wasn't one of his vests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

On first glimpse I thought he looked like a homeless alcho :pac:

In fairness the wife is too busy giving him a hard time to be doing the washing.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Fair point but personally, that is a standard of journalism that deserves to be punished, regardless of the actual content of the quotes.

I don't think there are any legal grounds upon which he can take legal action against such comments, they're not exactly slander or damaging his earning potential and in any case it's pretty minor, so why bother?

la benvinguda al Barça
    documen%20(12).jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is taking the number 14 shirt it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

la benvinguda al Barça
    documen%20%2812%29.jpg

He should have posed tackling or kicking something, not doing "skillz".

Rumours now surfacing about the Zlats deal. Barca apparently to get first refusal on Pato and T.Silva next season.

Rumours now surfacing about the Zlats deal. Barca apparently to get first refusal on Pato and T.Silva next season.

LoL - all sorts of rumours going around. The Spanish/Catalan press still never reported any mention of a golden handshake. After 4 days I doubt they will as it obviously does not exist. They only source seems to be some Italian website quoting Raiola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

First refusal on Pato, now that would be interesting, hard to believe anything until they are done for certain.

Some quality pics of the trophy presentation wednesday night

51897149.jpg

78063279.jpg

54621258.jpg

28051952.jpg

93117356.jpg

That a wedding ring on Bojan? Giving his life away so early, poor bloke.:pac:

Keita has extended his contract for another two seasons which brings him up to 2014.

Hleb is supposedly in talks with both Benfica and Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JPA wrote: »
    He should have posed tackling or kicking something, not doing "skillz".

I dont know if he can do any skillz.:D

• Advertisement

I dont know if he can do any skillz.:D

Kicking is a skill I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Some quality pics of the trophy presentation wednesday night

51897149.jpg

78063279.jpg

54621258.jpg

28051952.jpg

93117356.jpg
    Love seeing Villa in there, great contribution he made to that league title

Why is this thread the only thread with a caveat "no Fabs transfer talk"?

Who came about with that brainwave. Can someone please remove it and lets not be treated differently than every other team in this place where we can just discuss X and not Y??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

It was put in around the time as the Fabregas - Barcelona discussion had it's own thread.

Warper wrote: »

Who came about with that brainwave. Can someone please remove it and lets not be treated differently than every other team in this place where we can just discuss X and not Y??????????????

Aye, dunno why the Arsenal thread never got one. There was far more talk of it in there in the first place.

Yey, I feel normal again

Bojan given the number 9 shirt, and Jeffren the number 11.

Puyol looks to be more injured than originally thought. Could be out a few matches. I don't like that

Puyol injury shock

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Tests carried out at the Camp Nou on Wednesday morning confirmed that Puyol has injured his soleus muscle just below the left calf. He’ll require treatment and is doubtful for the next few matches.

The news of Puyol’s injury hit the headlines on Tuesday evening when the Barça captain limped out of a training session with the Spain squad. Spain are currently preparing for their matches against Liechtenstein and Argentina.

Fans will remember that Puyol still hasn’t started training properly with FC Barcelona this season and has only played 63 minutes in the Joan Gamper Trophy match. Last Sunday, Puyol was all set to start against Racing but had to pull out at the last moment because of a twinge in his left calf muscle and was replaced by Piqué.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Warper wrote:
    Aye, dunno why the Arsenal thread never got one. There was far more talk of it in there in the first place.
    For what it's worth, the old Arsenal thread had one as I remember but it just never got added to the new one.

Pity to be honest, while we all obviously had an interest, I don't think I was the only one there that didn't want to be seeing posts on it every single day.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the old Arsenal thread had one as I remember but it just never got added to the new one.

Could be wrong but I dont recall it having one.

Even if you look at the old Arsenal thread now it doesnt have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Oh maybe not so in that case. Might just have been self-moderation with people asking others to take transfer talk to the right thread then or something...

• Advertisement

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6353222,00.html
    Ibra Blasts Guardiola

The Swedish striker recently secured a switch away from Camp Nou just 12 months after arriving in Spain in a big-money deal.

He never settled with the Catalan giants and was unable to produce his best during his time under Guardiola's guidance.

The 28-year-old has now returned to Italy, where he has previously turned out for Juventus and Inter Milan, with AC Milan having swooped for his services.

Ibrahimovic is determined to get his career back on track in Serie A and has taken a swipe at his former coach for bringing about his disappointing slump in form.

"In my book, a great coach solves his problems. A small-time coach runs from them," he said.

"There was only one person (on the Barcelona team) who wanted to get rid of me."

He added: "I have never had problems with any coach before during my career.

"But suddenly I had a thousand problems and I had no communication with 'the Philosopher'. No communication whatsoever. I don't know what his problem was.

"I couldn't take it. I had no choice but to find a new place of work and I was lucky to go to a club like Milan. I am 28 years old and cannot afford to lose a year sitting on the bench and watching the weather."

The gloves are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hes an Arsenal player tbf.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Hes an Arsenal player tbf.

Barca is in his DNA though, that counts for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Regarding Ibra's attack on Pep, I find amazing how there are so many fans that become so devoted to a player when he signs for their team, defend them to the death, then only for said player to show their true colours as soon as he leaves.

I'm particularly thinking our 'Zlantanista' here, Eze, who seemed to really worship Ibra this time last year, always bigging up his character as well as his skills. Sorry Eze!

Personally I've always thought of him as a good player, overrated by Italian football followers, and now a bitter Barca reject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

kinaldo wrote: »

Personally I've always thought of him as a good player

Never liked him personally. Played well in Italy but meh couldn't play for Barca and the deal we got for him was terrible:(

now a bitter Barca reject.

That about sums it up for me. I was dissapointed to see him go, kind of, but his behaviour since has been pretty shamful for him.
    "There was only one person (on the Barcelona team) who wanted to get rid of me."

Who is this I wonder? Is it another swipe at Messi? The same Messi who gave him a penalty Vs Zaragosa after he missed about 10 guilt edged chances in order to help his confidence?

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6353471,00.html

Masch has a swipe off Liverpool :rolleyes:

gimmick wrote: »
    That about sums it up for me. I was dissapointed to see him go, kind of, but his behaviour since has been pretty shamful for him.

Who is this I wonder? Is it another swipe at Messi? The same Messi who gave him a penalty Vs Zaragosa after he missed about 10 guilt edged chances in order to help his confidence?

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6353471,00.html

Masch has a swipe off Liverpool :rolleyes:

Think Ibra is still talking about Pep there, not Messi.

Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter still reckon there maybe something missing from Pep in his dealing with players he apparently just doesn't take a liking to. They said it was the same with Eto'o.

Think Ibra is still talking about Pep there, not Messi.

He had a small swipe against Mesi already in a backhanded way saying Pep onl cared about him, no?

• Advertisement

Regarding Ibra's attack on Pep, I find amazing how there are so many fans that become so devoted to a player when he signs for their team, defend them to the death, then only for said player to show their true colours as soon as he leaves.

I'm particularly thinking our 'Zlantanista' here, Eze, who seemed to really worship Ibra this time last year, always bigging up his character as well as his skills. Sorry Eze!

Personally I've always thought of him as a good player, overrated by Italian football followers, and now a bitter Barca reject.

In fairness this time last year almost every Barca fan was loving the Ibra transfer. He does possess that bit of "oh I wonder how he will play today buzz" going on. He was also only one of a couple of superstars that would appease the Barca fans in lieu of losing Eto'o. Unfortunately he never scaled the heights of his Serie A days and in the second half of the season he looked a forlorn figure on the pitch. I still think he is a great player as i'm sure he will prove at Milan so I wish him all the best. A pity it didnt work out as he is one cool dude and it would have been great to see him flourish at Barca.

Advertisement