Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Barcelona cruising away from home atm 5-0!
    Pedro, Messi and Villa looking very sharp!

Xavi and Masch are gelling together well in mid field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Messi with the hatrick!
    This could hit double figures yet...

Bojan looking good since he came on.
    Messi dropping deeper allowing Bojan and Villa to stay forward. Breaking with great speed. Fancy Villa to grab one more and maybe Tiago for one too :pac:

Has Villa scored lads?

Is he still on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Somebody stop the damn match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Has Villa scored lads?

Is he still on the pitch?
    75th minute, 8-0, No goal from Villa yet.

He's still playing, just missed a chance there.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    75th minute, 8-0, No goal from Villa yet.

I have Villa to score and Barca to win :rolleyes:

Typical

Typical
    I would say there is still a goal left in it, at least one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Typical

Ouch:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Typical

Not cool! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I see a new lad Fontas trotted out for his debut tonight for Barcelona/ Having said that, I think I could have lined up for Barcelona and they still would have won by 8 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Great performance. Hopefully we can put an end to the whole Bojan is not good enough bullsh1t. Yeah, I know Almeria were crap, but he played really well.

He did play well last night but I still don't think he's ready to start the big games ahead of Pedro, Villa or Messi. If he can get more confident and start taking chances as well as he did last night he will be world class in time.

Was really impressed with Keita when he came on last night. Made a few good passes, a few more good tackles. And ran the opposition mid field more than he would normally do, now (or next week to be particular) is the time we need all our players to peak. An enviroment where theres 16+ people competing for a starting place players respond to that with a higher tempo, we seen it the year Pep took over and won all that silverware. It also why he shipped out Deco, And Ronnie and Co.

Also taking off Iniesta and Xavi was a good move, both played poorly by their standards mid week for spain a rest may be well need. (they did play well in the first half last night though :pac: )

Rant/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Handy now that the group is won a second string can be put out against Ruben. Hopefully the likes of Pinto, Adriano, JDS, Thiago, Nolito, Fontas etc can be given 90 minutes, and more importantly, rest the regulars especially Messi and Xavi.

On a side note, and I cannot believe I am saying this, but I thought Mascherano had a very good, composed game last night. I know the opposition was pretty poor, but it was certainly a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Main concern going into El Clasico is the form of Villa. Undoubtably a world-class player but he is taking time to fully settle.

Warper wrote: »
    Main concern going into El Clasico is the form of Villa. Undoubtably a world-class player but he is taking time to fully settle.

I don't fully agree. I think he has adapted to his new role quite well. He has played a part in so many of our goals over the last 2 or 3 weeks. His movement is leaving space for Pedro, Messi to rip it up. Give it another month and he will be in full stride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I don't fully agree. I think he has adapted to his new role quite well. He has played a part in so many of our goals over the last 2 or 3 weeks. His movement is leaving space for Pedro, Messi to rip it up. Give it another month and he will be in full stride :)

He is performing much like Ibra did last year in terms of effectiveness. He just isnt the same Villa that we saw in the WC which in fairness is understandable. I love that we have Villa as a player and there is hardly a better striker out there but he just isnt 100% firing atm. Rather it now though than in the second half of the season. I am fully behind him and know that it is only a matter of time before the real David Villa stands up.

In terms of goals per game yes he's not fiting on all cylinders but honestly.... has the ever been a more unlucky player, wrong offside calls, hitting the posts, crossbar, great saves. It's just not going his way at the minute, but when it does.... Messi, Pedro and Villa will be a forced to reckoned with with out even mentioning Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings...

I love Barca :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Anyone know a good place to get tickets for the game on Monday? Am over there for a few days and raging that i am Just seeing that the fixture now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

M5 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good place to get tickets for the game on Monday? Am over there for a few days and raging that i am Just seeing that the fixture now....

I'd imagine they'll be like gold dust, this year especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Anyone know a good place to get tickets for the game on Monday?

Yes ..in your dreams :D
    Love nor money could get you a ticket for that match

Yes ..in your dreams :D
    Love nor money could get you a ticket for that match

I can get a ticket alright, 90 quid for the cheapest though, have to go all the same, Dont i??????

I can get a ticket alright, 90 quid for the cheapest though, have to go all the same, Dont i??????
    I would pay 90 euro for it, where are you getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If you have to ask that question then you don't deserve to go in the first place.;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    If you have to ask that question then you don't deserve to go in the first place.;)

I know!!!!! Right, gota really, once in a lifetime op really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You lucky bugger.;)

€90? Thats a very good price ffs no matter if you are in the skies.

Getting a touch nervy about this game now. Graham Hunter gave an interesting stat earlier. Barca have never beaten a Jose team while his team have had 11 men on the pitch! Heres hoping that changes Monday, so he can have no whinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

€90? Crikey, it would cost €1,000+ to get a ticket now off the black market. (Where it is only available)

Matter of fact, i'll be in Barcelona monday evening. Look for a man with a t-shirt saying "I am CorkMan", i'll sell the tickets to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

€90? Crikey, it would cost €1,000+ to get a ticket now off the black market. (Where it is only available)

Matter of fact, i'll be in Barcelona monday evening. Look for a man with a t-shirt saying "I am CorkMan", i'll sell the tickets to you...

EDIT: Mod, please delete this repeat.

There are tickets on the Barca site but they are gone in seconds, F5 key on the laptop is worn out already!

• Advertisement

CorkMan wrote: »

how much you looking? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

gimmick wrote: »
    Graham Hunter gave an interesting stat earlier. Barca have never beaten a Jose team while his team have had 11 men on the pitch!

Even more interesting, Jose has never ever won at the Camp Nou with any team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

eZe^ wrote: »
    Even more interesting, Jose has never ever won at the Camp Nou with any team.

As a manager he hasn't won at the Nou Camp but technically he has won there, when he was Robsons assistant ;)

Can't wait for monday nights game, everything tells me Barca will win but i am expecting Mourinho to set up Real perfectly to stop Barca and catch them on the break, there will be goals i feel.

So....

:pac:

Any one seen Real Madrid lately? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can't really put into words what I'm feeling after that...

I think this says all I need to

76672_145934212122788_100001186317790_237235_7468739_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Translate this........

Un, dos, tres, cuatro, Cinco, Cinco, CINCO!

Gonna post up some pics of the match and canaletes (which was rockin well into the early hours - Placa Catalunya was shutdown!) when I get back.

Until then chin up lads:pac:

MANITAAAAAA! :p

Who had 5-0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I know the usual suspects will get most of the praise for last night and it's probably deserved but how good was Abidal last night?

I just love his attitude and work rate. When he's on form he's one of the best in the business at left back.

Got some legs still aswell, see him outpacing Di Maria and Ramos?

• Advertisement

Abidal has been outstanding for the last 2 years. He rarely gets the praise he deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

wow. just wow.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I know the usual suspects will get most of the praise for last night and it's probably deserved but how good was Abidal last night?

I just love his attitude and work rate. When he's on form he's one of the best in the business at left back.

Got some legs still aswell, see him outpacing Di Maria and Ramos?

He has great covering ability in behind the centre halves. Positional play still isn't great, but he'd be one of the first names on the sheet, certainly ahead of Maxwell.

Him and Yaya Toure were my favourite players last season of the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

How about Busquets? Gonna be amazing by the time he reaches his peak. He's criminally underrated by many.

Lovin it

lolwy.png

Ok so the weeks passed and Mou has been very subdued. With things as they are Barca will have an extreme morale boost.

Plus, I have to say I f^cking love how well Villa has been playing this past month. He's really starting to find his feet at Barca. I think his problem at first was probably that he was to impatient, to focused on scoring. He's relaxed a bit, he'l check his run to make sure he's onside, and with Villa and Messi really starting to enjoy each others presence I see only one reason why Barca can't dominate in Spain and in Europe this season, injury.

Some tasty clips from Monday night :)
    13 goals in the last two league games, none against :P

#15 wrote: »
    How about Busquets? Gonna be amazing by the time he reaches his peak. He's criminally underrated by many.

I hope he remains under rated tbh. He plays his position seamlessly. At such a young age it is crazy really.

wallpaper5f.jpg

mou.jpg

hector.jpg

aficionmanita-(8)edit.jpg

aficionmanita%20(23).jpg

ronu.jpg

abij.jpg

aficionmanita%20(25).jpg

93120504.png

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the soccer forum as I have just reached the qouta to join. Anyway I've been a long time lurker here while I built up my post count.

I've been a diehard Barca fan the last 14 years and I did'nt think there was many more Barca supporters around untill I came across the thread, it's good to see so many Barca fans in Ireland. Now I have somewhere to talk about all things Barca.

Tonights match against Osasuna has been postponed till tomorrow evening because of an air traffic controllers strike in Spain and I think there could possibly be snow in Osasuna aswell. I'm not too sure of kick off time yet.

• Advertisement

It's gonna be played tomorrow at 5 CET mate.

Advertisement