Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gift idea very hurt that i cant find anything

Options
  • 07-02-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey boardsies,
    I am going out with a guy now for 2 years and I love him deeply.
    However when it comes to presents I find it very hard to pick for him.

Can anyone suggest some ideas for a Valentines present?
    Has anyone seen anything nice in any shop worth mentioning?
    Girls, what are you getting your boyfriends?

I have a very low budget but I want to please him on the day. I've bought him a card and that's about it so far.
    I was going to buy him a teddy I saw for 5 euro (really nice) but realised guys don't want teddybears

Any help would be much appreciated...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Steak & blowjob.

Seriously, 10% of all my posts are probably made up of the two words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Thank the baby jaysus you thought better of the teddy bear. Why don't you buy him a six-pack and a bit of reefer if he's into that? I don't think guys are as big on Valentine's Day as women are. You could also buy some sexy lingerie and gift him a sexy night. I dunno, I'd do one of those things, but I imagine I'm in the minority.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think this is better suited to the Gift Ideas forum

Moved from PI

Steak & blowjob.

Seriously, 10% of all my posts are probably made up of the two words.

You can never go wrong with this. Not very original, but it doesn't need to be. It's a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

You could give him some tickets that you make yourself for various pleasurable things eg Massage, blow jobs, etc be imaginative. Cheap as you'll get. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MaryKateValenti

Thanks guys. The only thing about the blowjob idea is that he gets them all the time anyway. It doesn't need to be Valentines.
    Basically, would a guy feel as loved with a big teddy bear that says ''I love you'' on it, as he would with a dvd?

I'm not a dude, but I think most guys would prefer a DVD. What's a man going to do with a teddy bear that says "I love you"? Probably find a nice space in the closet for it, tbh.

haha! ok thank you pilly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Defo get a dvd over a teddy.

Don't just grab any old dvd. Maybe a cool box set?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

He'll understand if you're on a low budget tbh. So a dvd, a meal and a bottle of wine. The desert can be left to your own imagination.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

think its spar thats doing a meal deal for valentines people!

its pizza garlic bread and wine... not sure of the price .... NYOM PIZZA

and btw valentines sucks

hi emo!!

how much does the spar meal deal cost?
    sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

jaffa20 wrote: »
    He'll understand if you're on a low budget tbh. So a dvd, a meal and a bottle of wine. The desert can be left to your own imagination.:P

Now there is someone who grew up during the celtic tiger. Low budget = DVD, meal AND bottle of wine???

A low budget present for me is less than a tenner. So a bottle of wine from Aldi/Lidl = 5 quid and a Card.

My OH and I have said no presents this year because she says she never knows what to get me, whereas her presents from me are always obvious to me e.g. Flowers, chocolates, anything with a heart on it etc.

Is his birthday coming up anytime soon, OP? On valentines day, give him a big hug and a long wet kiss and tell him you love him, but you could not find a suitable present for him, and instead of wasting money on rubbish you will get him something special for his birthday.

Advertisement