Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A: Milan boss wary of upsetting balance

• 07-02-2009 4:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview
    AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti will resist the temptation to move David Beckham into central midfield against Reggina on Saturday as he believes the Englishman is already firing on all cylinders on the right.
    Click here

Ancelotti, who viewed Beckham as a possible alternative to Andrea Pirlo as a deep-set playmaker before he arrived on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy, has the chance to test out his theory against Serie A's bottom club with Pirlo suspended.

However, he is wary of embarking on tactical experiments with a player in such good form.

"Beckham can play in a central position but (Mathieu) Flamini can (too) and that's why I tried it," Ancelotti was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport after Wednesday's 2-2 draw at Glasgow Rangers in a friendly.

"Beckham has found a good equilibrium on the centre-right and I think it's best not to move him."

Beckham, who has said he would like to stay with Milan on a permanent basis, has scored twice in five Serie A games and set up two goals in the 3-0 win at Lazio on Sunday that lifted his side into second place, six points behind Inter Milan.

Attention at the San Siro will also be focused on whether Ancelotti opts to leave Brazil playmaker Ronaldinho out of his starting lineup for a fifth consecutive league game.

Champions Inter will be aiming to put some inconsistent form behind them at Lecce earlier on Saturday (1700), when midfielder Sulley Muntari will be available after suspension.

Forward Adriano is serving the last game of a three-match ban for throwing a punch against Sampdoria last month but Dejan Stankovic is being tipped to play after coming off with a knock in Sunday's 1-1 draw with Torino.

Juventus are seeking to end a run of two successive league defeats, which caused them to slip to third, at Catania on Sunday (1400).

Last season's runners-up AS Roma, who are sixth, entertain fourth-placed Genoa on Sunday (1400) in a match between rivals for a Champions League qualification slot.
    Saturday, February 7, 2009
    Time Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Lecce v Internazionale Stadio Via del Mare
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Reggina Giuseppe Meazza
    Sunday, February 8, 2009
    Time Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Atalanta Sant'Elia
    14:00 UK Udinese v Bologna Friuli
    14:00 UK Torino v Chievo Verona Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    14:00 UK AS Roma v Genoa Olimpico
    14:00 UK Catania v Juventus Stadio Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Fiorentina v Lazio Artemio Franchi
    14:00 UK Sampdoria v Siena Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Palermo v Napoli Renzo Barbera

With all the hype about Beckham I might actually watch the AC game tonight. I havent seen him play yet but now all my mates who have no interest in Itailin football are always asking about him. I just say he increases the average age of the milan team.

Any one know why Horse Face (Ronaldinho) inst playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kearnsr wrote: »

With all the hype about Beckham I might actually watch the AC game tonight. I havent seen him play yet but now all my mates who have no interest in Itailin football are always asking about him. I just say he increases the average age of the milan team.

Any one know why Horse Face (Ronaldinho) inst playing ?

think you mean decreases there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Question for any Milanistas that reside here: Can we have Flamini back please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

not while Pirlo is suspended, hes due to play tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter win 3-0.

AC down 1-0 already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

lovely milan drop points

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Not lovely, Kaka has a fracture in his foot...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Not lovely, Kaka has a fracture in his foot...

Depends on what side of the city divide your on

Brazilian midfielder Kaka has suffered a heavy blow to his left foot but it is not broken, his club AC Milan said on Sunday.

The playmaker, who was injured during Saturday's 1-1 Serie A draw with Reggina, looks almost certain to miss Brazil's friendly with Italy on Tuesday and local media said he was a big doubt for next Sunday's derby with Inter Milan.

"Kaka reported a trauma to his left foot. The checks made after Milan-Reggina did not show any kind of fracture," Milan said in a statement after the player underwent tests at hospital.

He scored a 67th-minute penalty to give a lacklustre Milan a point at home to bottom club Reggina but soon asked to be substituted after taking a knock.

Maybe he is in for next weekend

Thank you Jesus =D

AC Milan playmaker Kaka will miss next weekend's derby against Inter Milan after tests confirmed a foot injury.

GettyImages

Kaka: Feared he had a broken foot.

Kaka, who scored Milan's goal from the spot in a 1-1 draw against Reggina on Saturday night, was forced to come off 12 minutes from time.

The club confirmed on Sunday that the Brazil international will be sidelined for at least a fortnight.

"AC Milan communicates that the footballer Kaka underwent medical tests today which confirmed a sprain to his left foot, ruling out a more serious injury," read a club statement.

"The prognosis is that he will be out for at least a fortnight."

As well as next weekend's derby, Kaka will miss Tuesday's friendly international against Italy and in all likelihood the match against Cagliari on February 22.

Big blow for Milan if its true.

Juve snatch a late winner.

Lots of sendings off this weekend. Most be something in the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Seaneh wrote: »
    Thank you Jesus =D

Bit unfair really, considering;

kaka_celeb_boca2_jesus.jpg

There should be Fifa ruling that you can't get external help from heavenly bodies. :p

Tehe...

Like Fred said, ya gotta have faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

What happened for Iaquinta's sending off?

11 min Iaquinta - Goal
    11 min Iaquinta - Yellow Card
    12 min Iaquinta - Yellow Card, Red Card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

1st yellow for taking his jersey off then 2nd for kicking some guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Oh and did anyone watch the Milan game yesterday, was it just me or was the referee truly terrible. the standard this year in particular has been pretty rubbish and id say if some of the decisions had of been made pre 2006 then there would be outrage about fixing matches and stuff. Now im not saying that they are but rather that their inneptitude is costing teams points week in week out.

Collina has clearly been a bad appointment in his position and perhaps it will be time to review him soon enough

Advertisement