Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stjordal River, Norway trip

Options
  • 07-02-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Anyone been fishing on the Stjordal River in Norway? I'm thinking of going on the Irish Angler magazine group trip with Mike Shanks 28 June - 5 July. One week, self catering, incl flights Euro 1995. Seems good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

I wouldn't mind tagging along to that myself - any more details?

which months mag edition is it in?

ta

j

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beiarboy

It was in the Jan 09 issue. I met Mike Shanks at the angling show last weekend and found out more. E1995 includes flights from Dublin (incl. taxes) to Oslo/Trondheim, transfers in Norway, 7 nights shared self-catering accommodation, 6 full days (and full nights too if you want cos of 24 hour daylight at that time of year), fishing licences, equipment disinfection, prep of fish to bring home.

Just need to add beer money and some food from local supermarket. They provide basic food box with all staples. Double bank fishing, rotating beats, limited guiding. Mainly fly fishing, some spinning allowed.

There'll be about 10 in the group so beats won't be crowded. The place we stay at has a 'pub night' on Weds for the locals. Meant to be good craic. Mike says booking required by 28 Feb. Contact Project Travel on (01) 210 8391 to book. Full details available at http://www.project-travel.ie/images/norway%20&%20lapland%20pics/Salmon%20Fishing%20Trip%202009.pdf

See you there

Advertisement