Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Nothing happens when YOU people die as you're all a product of my imagination.. but when I die you'll cease to exist ..sorry about that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It doesn't mention pet hamsters either, but that's fiction for you ;)

No doubt Gareth37 will be along shortly to pray for me.

ah sh1t, animals are included as gods creatures? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We're all ****ed if the Westboro Baptist Church have it right.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Are stuff like scabies, flesh eating bugs etc all God's creatures as well?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Who is this "Our" God??? I have no God, so I hope I was not included in that!!

Our God is the God that created us. That means you too whether you accept it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Please may this not descend into an atheist debate. Seriously, we get it theres no God, dosent take a brainiac to figure it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IHATELIBERTAS

sadly nothing happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

One of two things will happen. Nothing - which you won't know about anyway. Or an afterlife - a bonus. Nothing to worry about.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

About 2 years ago, on a night during the summer, I awoke from sleeping, at about 4 o'clock in the morning, which is strange, since I'm a heavy sleeper. I felt totally awake, like I'd never been in bed, and I heard this strange sound, a high-pitched, chimey droning noise coming from downstairs. I'd usually ignore that kind of thing and go straight back to sleep, but this time I felt something unexplainable, there was just a sudden need to go downstairs.
    As I was putting on a pair of trousers, I remembered that it was soon after the junior cert results night, and it was the 5th anniversary of my grandmothers death.
    When I got downstairs, I saw a really bright light coming out under the door of the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom, and I felt a strange energy. I walked to the door of the room, and the sound was getting louder and louder, and when I opened the door, I saw a worried-looking old lady sitting on the bed, speaking to my mother who was sitting on the chair beside her in hushed tones. It was my mother's friend Margaret, she'd accidentally locked herself out of her house.

So to answer your question, I don't know what happens when we die.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

We die and that's it.
    The worse is you can't come back and say "told you there was no god" because you're completely gone.
    And as for being buried ..screw that..cremation's the only way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I wanna be cremated so, I guess after I die, my family cry, my friends go on the Piss properly for a few days, as I would want them too, My body gets burned, preferably without a church service, but I know my family will have one, bollixes!!!

Then I have my ashes scattered in a few choice places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

We are already dead. When people are born they die and when we die we are born for real. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Mrmoe wrote: »
    We are already dead. When people are born they die and when we die we are born for real. Think about it.

Can I have some of that acid???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Your body will decompose and be eaten by maggots.

Apparently not if you die in a pyramid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

We die and then we find out if we will rot or not, well we won't but the grave robbers will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I reject jesus. Am i going to hell, is Elvis there?
    No my Child,you will be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm going to heaven ;)

jesussavesbutrooney_design.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Húrin wrote: »
    I think that we go into physical death, but our soul remains in a coma. Then at some point in the future, the God who created the universe returns us to life in a physical resurrection. In a judgement event, those who believed in Jesus Christ in this life join him for eternal life and joy in divine communion with everything. Those who rejected Jesus meet their end in a destructive fire that terminally consumes both body and soul. Death for them is eternal. There's no hell, there's nothing.

^^^absolute load of pants....! when you die your life is over, you will never process a single thought or action again, your time is up an thats it! the concept of reincarnation or afterlife is idyllic but unfortunately not the case..
    however you will live on in other peoples thoughts and any achievements which may be associated with you...but for most of us these will eventually fade.. In essence it is essential to live your life to the max coz when its over its over! boom bang next question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I dunno ,i've never tried it?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You ask for a warranty eijits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

party¬:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Has anyone ever had any experience of a loved one lost being present?
    Any signs or anything?

Yeah, I lost a loved one and then I saw a sign.

It said 'Yield'.

So I took that as a hint and took it easy on the narcotics for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

You go to heaven...

Wait no, life ends and you just rot...

Wait no, i have absolutely no idea.

Maybe someone who has died could shed some light on it?
    Any formerly-dead posters here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Rule 34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

OI WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR AND ASKING HIM INTO YOUR LIFE YOU'RE ALL DESTINED FOR HELL-PLAIN AS THAT

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

you become a member of the Fianna Fail party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

sukikettle wrote: »
    OI WITHOUT ACKNOWLEDGING JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOUR AND ASKING HIM INTO YOUR LIFE YOU'RE ALL DESTINED FOR HELL-PLAIN AS THAT

With dickheads like you in heaven, I think I'd take my chances with hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ScarlettOHara

well seeing as Suki was endorsing Jesus and you plainly hate Him Jack then I guess hell you'll go:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ScarlettOHara

I thought people who called posters dickheads got banned. It says so in my charter mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

well seeing as Suki was endorsing Jesus and you plainly hate Him Jack then I guess hell you'll go:)

He's a scaremonger. He might as well tell me the sky is going to fall down on top of me.

Advertisement