Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W.B.A. vs Newcastle 3:00pm [match thread]

• 07-02-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Little river, 3rd screen on that page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

DUFFFFFFFFF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fooking hell. 1 nil up, Duffer. That never happens to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Credit where credit is due, nice finish and nice ball by Shola!

ah come on

Back to fcuking reality. :(

• Advertisement

Typical Newcastle. Barely even have time to celebrate a goal.

Charlie wrote: »

your right, it doesn't

M5 wrote: »
    your right, it doesn't

LMFAO

Get in!!!

A new Toon hero is born!

• Advertisement

Easy to see why WBA are bottom.

We simply HAVE to win this!!!!!

Both sides look awfull at the back, we look slightly better up front, cracking game so far

OMG, comical defending there!! was sure we'd give away another penalty

feck ya taylor, if that was against us you'd a scored!!!!

playing a very high line here, not too sure about that

come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taylor (S)

HT, 3-1!!! Good performance, none of this sitting back at 2 up sh1te that we have seen on a few occasions this season and we should be grand.

we are at it again, sitting back, should have been punished there

Here we go!!!! 3-2

I was thinking at HT that WBA came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at Hull last week. My heart can't take this.

• Advertisement

we look so nervous, fragile lead now! All WBA just like that

jesus christ, its looking like a matter of time, we are 2/3 yards off the pace, Nolan and butt need to get a hold of the ball. Viduka on for Ameobi

Xisco gets on!!!!! WTF???? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Jesus we were made sweat for that one! Good result away from home all the same :)

Well we dont do anything the easy way, what a see saw. One up in no time, 1 all within seconds. Two goals and you think we are home and dry, but thats not the newcastle way!!! Off the pace in the second half, playing for the break away goal. WBA get the goal that was always going to come. After that we were hanging on. Crucial victory in the end with favourable results elsewhere it leaves us 4 points clear. fingers crossed liverpool and arsenal can do us a fav as well. 2 weeks off now to get the rest of the injured players back and the returning players fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Moved from Newcastle superthread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does not compute.

Bit late now, no?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    What?

Patience is a virtue...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So it is :D

Bit late now, no?

The game is over Cha', but the posts are better suited to where they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

11.jpg

first sat 3pm nufc match thread i can recall, always been in the superthread! pretty quiet thread, dont see the problem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JFK should be taken into hospital every week. Lucky charm that he wasn't there today.

• Advertisement

M5 wrote: »
    first sat 3pm nufc match thread i can recall, always been in the superthread! pretty quiet thread, dont see the problem....

You have a PM, please continue this discussion if necessary using that channel.

That_Guy wrote: »
    JFK should be taken into hospital every week. Lucky charm that he wasn't there today.

Never should have let BUPA out of the Irish market, would never get a 3-2 win off the VHI...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Badly needed that win today!!! Was all smiles when I was reading the result!
    I really miss Shay Given though, couldn't believe he actually left us this time.

On the other hand watching the highlights Ryan Taylor doesn't look to be a bad purchase!

Delighted to see Duffer get a goal :D

Badly needed that win today!!! Was all smiles when I was reading the result!
    I really miss Shay Given though, couldn't believe he actually left us this time.

On the other hand watching the highlights Ryan Taylor doesn't look to be a bad purchase!

Delighted to see Duffer get a goal :D

I was pretty impressed with him I must say. Not a sensational performance in any way but he did set up Taylor's goal. At least we've bot someone who is somewhat decent at free kicks.

I noticed while watching the game that he's got a bit of a short temper. Maybe he needs to just calm it down a bit.

As for our other signings, I thought Lovenkrands gave a good account for himself today and I think he looks to be a decent prospect for us. Nice simple tap in for him today.

I haven't really been all that impressed with Nolan yet. He hasn't done a whole lot. He was quiet in the Sunderland match last week but I was thankful for him clearing the ball off the line for us.
    He was pretty quiet yesterday too from what I could tell but maybe it'll just take him two or three games to settle himself.

All in all I am satisfied with the result but we need to really sort out, not just our defence, but our whole mentality. Some absolutely shocking decision making from some of our players cost us. We were lucky to leave with three points instead of just one.

I can't really say if there was any stand out performances this week. I was able to pick at least three players for man of the match last week against Sunderland but I suppose if I was to pick someone this week it'd be Taylor. I know he cost us an equaliser but he did redeem himself by scoring and his determination after that was quite good.

A pretty scrappy match but we have to win ugly in order to avoid the drop.

Never should have let BUPA out of the Irish market, would never get a 3-2 win off the VHI...:D

Quote of the year so far. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement