Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden loss of wireless feature on Router??

Options
  • 07-02-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi. Wondering if any of you might be able to help me here. My wireless bb network has suddenly stopped working. I can't get any of the laptops in the household to connect to it. All wired machines work fine. My set up is as follows.

Zyxel Prestige 600 Modem and a Belkin 54g Router, I have an iMac connected directly into the modem and a XBOX 360 connected to the Router via a Homeplug network adapter. Both of which have no problem connecting to the internet. (Figured it might just have been the case of the router calling it a day)
    There is no obvious change in the various lights on each box. Both seem to be working fine. When I search for a wireless connection with various devices, 9 times out of 10 none of them will find my network. When it does actually come up and I try too connect, th connection fails. (I can see all my neighbours connections too).

So there it is, everything works wired and nothing work wirelessly. Nothing has changed in my set up in the last year.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried changing the wireless channel away from those being used by your neighbours?

Have you added any other wireless gizmos recently? TV sender of anything of that nature?

Advertisement