Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar on Tivoly Road Dunlaoghaire...Gone.

Options
  • 07-02-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was surprised to see the Spar on Tivoly road gone. This was very convenient for anyone living around Royal TCE, Croswaithe Park and upper Clainda and the local Gardai. I can remember this shop as a kid. Recent restrictions on parking didn't help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

What?! Oh goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What?! Oh goodness.
    I got a shock when I went to get the paper this morning. Notice placed on window directing customers to Alex's corner shop . Lock was bust open on briquet's cage at side of store, I can see the bottled gas cage being raided next.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Noticed this the other day, sad really, theres always been a shop there since I was a kid.:(

Gridlock wrote: »
    Noticed this the other day, sad really, theres always been a shop there since I was a kid.:(
    Theres a whole heap of them gone since the 80ies. Larger supermarkets taking over. Hanahoes, Eden Stores, Shop on Eden Road along the mettles, Glsthule Station shop, O Rourkes (Gone years and never replaced) and recently Glenageary Station shop again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

On a slightly related note Dun Laoghaire's Crawfords Ford Motor dealership & service centre is also gone (just off georges st beside the 'swish' apartment block for methadone/homeless). FAIK it had been there for years and years and used to service Garda and ambulance fleet vehicles too.

• Advertisement

Morlar wrote: »
    On a slightly related note Dun Laoghaire's Crawfords Ford Motor dealership & service centre is also gone (just off georges st beside the 'swish' apartment block for methadone/homeless). FAIK it had been there for years and years and used to service Garda and ambulance fleet vehicles too.
    Most if not all business from Crawfords has been diverted to the nearest main Ford dealer, Esmonds in Stillorgan. I know some of the lads up there and they say they are quite busy at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Most if not all business from Crawfords has been diverted to the nearest main Ford dealer, Esmonds in Stillorgan. I know some of the lads up there and they say they are quite busy at present.

IT is kind of odd that there is no sign in the window to that effect and that they left their phones/computers/assorted office furniture in place. Aside from the empty forecourt the place looks like they had a fire drill and just never came back.

Good luck to the esmonds in stillorgan crowd in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

If they close the Centra in Glasthule I don't know what I do. Tis a fab little shop and lovvely staff.

There si also still a spar in Sandycove for those trying to hunt down the 2 Wispas for €1 offer :D

Advertisement