Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band, where to buy

• 07-02-2009 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I've been looking at buying rock band, smyths in naas are selling it for 170 euro.
    Anyone know if there are any better prices for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I'd hold fire on getting it. Rockband 2 the game is out at the moment minus the drum kit, guitars etc. I'd wait until the better equipment is out and get it as a bundle with the game. The drum kit on Rock Band 1 is pretty weak, I didn't find the guitar to good either. €170.00 is an ok price I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

€170 is the cheapest I've seen it (no Smyths employee biased nature here!), I prefered Guitar Hero World Tour though, I know it's taken a bashing since release but the drums are better and of course there is the Guitar Hero track library which is quite expansive and getting better. Though Rock Band 2 could change all this! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are the RB2 instruments meant to be better than the GHWT ones? They work for both games don't they? I was thinking of getting GHWT for £125 from HMV and picking up RB1&2 later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

General belief/opinion is that RB2 rights the wrongs of RB. Not sure about the cross compatability though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Hey I saw the full package of Rock band for 80 in Zavvi a couple of weeks back in Cork :) Would have bought it had I the money! :(
    Anyways, I'm not sure bout the rest of the country, or indeed, if Zavvi is closed down yet.... Its quite a drawn out death methinks...

• Advertisement
Advertisement