Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1943

Options
  • 07-02-2009 7:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Interesting...
    Soldiers, it's time to do your part in the action packed battles of the World War II Pacific campaign! Pick your path - be it as a rifleman crawling the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or ace fighter pilot dog fighting to protect the skies. Play as a lone wolf or with your friends, coordinating to turn the tide of battle, whatever you choose, you get to enjoy the thrill of a fully featured online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.

Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PlayStation Network and on PC for download. This give players access to the famous action packed Battlefield gameplay quicker and easier than it's ever been. Play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy on match-made servers for optimal challenge, as you gain ranks and awards. Battlefield 1943 is your own version of one of the most famous campaigns in the history of the world!

By Land, Sea & Air!
    Unleash wide destruction with Bombing Raids, Tanks, or Fighter Planes launched from Aircraft Carriers and enjoy one of the best experiences in any multiplayer game to-date.

Varied Locations & Up to 24 Players
    Play with 24 players online in three beautiful and destructible locations from the Pacific theatre. Whether you choose Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima or the classic Wake Island, you'll experience the best balance of infantry combat complemented by land, sea and air vehicles.

Frostbite-Enabled Destruction
    Watch the beautiful Pacific Islands quickly turn into scarred battlefields as destruction rains upon you and your fellow soldiers as you fight to win the battle!

Through the Gun Experience
    Use classic and iconic World War II infantry weapons with excellent feel to defeat your foes. Hit 'em hard from afar through your sniper scope or use explosives or melee weapons like bayonets to make it really up close and personal.
    http://www.battlefield1943.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So, I wonder if it'll be a constant festival of teamkilling at the spawn points as everyone tries to beat their teammates to the planes like in BF1942? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Stephen wrote: »
    So, I wonder if it'll be a constant festival of teamkilling at the spawn points as everyone tries to beat their teammates to the planes like in BF1942? :pac:

Pretty much the point I was going to make. These games are always let down by the online community

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

agreed, i hope in this version (which it wont) when the planes take damage they react to it, not like getting a shell to the face and flying along just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I never really cared for the planes that much, but its def an issue.

Im more concerned on whether they release a non-bugged game, or at least patch it properly.
    And only 24 players? I don't know what other people think but thats feck all really. I quite enjoyed 64 man maps in the battlefield series
    Ill wait to hear peoples impressions before purchasing

Actually I just read up on it more. I didn't realize it was a stripped down version of the original. Im curious about the price tag though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am still waiting for BF3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is it free?

(Yes, I'm cheap)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently you have inifite / regenerating health & there's only 3 classes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Destructive maps look cool tho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it free?

(Yes, I'm cheap)

No, probably about $15 to $20. Only Heroes is/will be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Are the different platforms going to use common servers? lol console firstperson shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yes Zillah, lets have a cross-platform-whos-the-better-gamer debate again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol theres no debate, pad users would be slaughtered if there was m&kb people allowed on the same server.

I'm a big fan of the BF series, loved 1942 and the DC mod and I played BF2 like a mother****er (but dc was better) however this just looks kinda dumbed down gameplay with nice graphics.

I got all hyped when I 1st heard about this but that all went when I heard it was gonna be on the consoles too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a shame it took this long for trees to no longer become the impassable objects of Doom they were in Bf1942. Nothing broke the immersion like getting your Sherman stuck in a palm tree on Wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

3 almost identical classes

12-player cap per team

Why bother making the bloody thing?

Cry

3 almost identical classes

12-player cap per team

Why bother making the bloody thing?

Cry
    Because developers release that DLC is gaming's crack cocaine. Gamers are too herd-like and display little self-restraint when it comes to DLC for "Name" brands :)

*possibly exagerrating for effect, but I think it's somewhat true*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

yes Zillah, lets have a cross-platform-whos-the-better-gamer debate again.

I really didn´t think it´d be a contended issue. I thought it was pretty much accepted by everyone that a pad is massively more difficult to use for FPS that keyboard/mouse. If there are common servers I think the console players would be at a huge disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

DICE are really starting to piss me off,

How many games are they going to release?

Heroes - For casual "adults", who will never play it, btw... they have solitaire.
    1943 - A prologue mini game i.e. just a frame for DLC rip offs.
    Bad Company 2 - A console game.

... Feck off already and just release a proper full game.

I also hate how they leech euro after euro from you with DLCs, Expansion packs, Booster packs..... you can't just buy their game and play it, you know you will be paying and paying and paying...

BF2 made me a huge Battlefield fan and a DICE fan, but now, I'm moving back to CoD and Infinity Ward more and more..... they release games every 2 years(you can ignore that crap from Trayarch), you know it's going to be a full game, on a DVD, you won't have to bother with NoCD cracks for the MP, you won't have to pay for expansion packs, boosters, turbo chargers, etc.
    Yes, CoD4, can be considered a console port, but they've managed to do it very very well and CoD is a small game so it can exist on all platforms without restraints and restrictions on the game/gameplay.

Battlefield cannot be a console port on a PC without some serious damage to the game, it's just too big.

Unfortunatelly every franchise EA touches it destroys it with greed.

Of course It may be a smart decision to try and adopt IW's business plan, and plus release million other money sucking games, I don't if it will work or not.

I know this though... until DICE releases a full PC game that is a genuine successor for BF2, I'm not buying their single game, they can F-OFF!

Advertisement