Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering a grass area cheaply

Options
  • 07-02-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

I have an area of grass by the side of my house - about 25ft long by 5ft wide - between the drive & the hedge. This area used to be very dry & I used be able to park my van with the left front & rear wheels well into the grass with no bother. As the weather has been so bad for the past 2 years, that area is unuseable.
    What could be the cheapest way to cover that area. I've thought of digging it out to a dept of about 10 inches, putting in about 5 or 6 inches of gravel & then either readymix or gravel on top. Any other ideas. Also the rubber matting used in playgrounds, the one that lets the grass grow thru' but I'm not sure how expensive it is.
    Any good ideas?.

Thanks,

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hi,

would you not cultivate the soil thats there and do a nice rockery (doesnt have to be 25ft long) or plant a few small trees or bushes and the like? Or even re-sow the area and have a brand spanlkin new lawn?

25ft x 5ft would be a lot of concrete and i dont think would be great on the eye..unless you went with the gravel route that you mentioned? I take it your driveway is tarmaced yea?

JB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

The rubber stuff is available from JG Kelly ltd monaghan.

Advertisement