Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wvo (waste vegetable oil)

Options
  • 07-02-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi anyone know where i can get any wvo thanx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

how much u willing to pay for it,its a commodity nowadays, u looking to use it as fuel,?
    guy in kilkenny sells wvo fuel,, 80 cent a litre..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daradec

no its unfiltered im lookin for ,its easy to filter yourself and much cheaper especially if you can get it for nothing.frylite is the problem they are buying back the wvo from restaurants etc and turing it into biodiesel,but there is nothing bio about biodiesel.pure wvo is much better.i have a few contacts for oil but am always lookin for more thanx for reply

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

where are u located though, so you have kit on car to run on wvo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mmac

Biodiesel is going for 80cent a liter in slane just off the N2 if your looking for cheap fuel im running on it 3 months without a problem and it seems to be burning better at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

do a deal with your local village chipper or chinese take away it seems the only way
    well done to the 2 of ya you must be living cheap but were do you get the oil filters for your cars?? i know the toyota previa/lucida 2.2diesel can run on it from the factory but someone was telling me best to fill some diesel
    into the tank every............ sh!te cant think of the miles!:mad::(
    fair play to you anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daradec

yes i have a single tank conversion kit for my car quite expensive but well worth it.a dual tank system is much cheaper ,you have a seperate tank in the boot with the veg oil in .you then start the car on diesel in the normal tank,once the enginegets hot you flip a switch to go to veg oil.the oil is then pumped through a hot water pipe(taken off cooling system)which lowers viscosity of oil and it burns fine.you just have to remember to switch back to diewsel about half a mile before you stop.so does anyone know where i can get any unfiltered waste oil around sligo.not biodiesel,there is nothing bio about biodiesel,the chemicals involved to make it are very bad.once you have one of the kits veg oil works 100%,the only thing is you smell like a chipper.i can get the conversion kits if anyone is interested.pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭Shoog

Hi all,
    I just logged in for the first time to give my information.
    I have been running my cars on Veg oil for the last 3 yrs. I started out with a little Opel caddie. Now I am running a two tank system (self installed) on my VW Golf estate.
    When i started I used to use SVO from Lidl but then the price went up and I stopped. I then went onto collecting from local restaurants and chippers. Unfortunately Frylite has pushed me out on most of them. I had two outlets which held out and were good until about a month ago. Unfortunately the environmental health inspector came round and asked for the disposal certs. This put the frighteners on them and they stopped supplying.
    The problem is partly the supply and recycle arrangements with firms like Frylite, but more importantly the environmental health can and will impose fines if there are no certificates of collection.
    In order to become a certified collector costs thousands of pounds a year to register and they come out to inspect your premises. Its just not viable. So in Ireland the whole self filter arrangement is dead in the water and will not be coming back soon. For the restaurantaur its just not worth the hassle or risk, and if you start to pay fgor the oil you are obliged to contact the revenue and pay VAT on the oil which you have bought. If you cannot prove that you have recieved your oil from a legitimate supplier you will place your supplier in risk of a VAT inspection, or yourself in liabil;ity for estimated VAT underpayment.
    I am without suppliers at the moment. I have considered trying to find a Frylite collector who will sell me 40ltrs a week off the back of the van (shouldn't be to difficult if one can be found). The other alternative is Kilkenny fuels. This at least has the advantage of been properly filtered and dewatered.
    At the moment I cannot find details of Kilkenny fuels so would appreciate a contact number or web address.

Shoog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

think it can be used for home heating too. plenty of online stuff I used to be into. Turk burners ,etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement