Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania... Anything good to say?

Options
  • 07-02-2009 8:36pm

Hey all..

Erm.. just wondering if there are many people with good stories about Pixmania?

I want to buy an external Hard drive off them (its pretty cheap at the moment and I don't want to miss their sale price on it). However, i never purchased off them before, and everything i seem to hear is all doom and gloom.

I know people tend to cling onto the bad parts of everything, and rarely discuss the good aspects of stuff, so i just thought i'd make this thread to get some feedback on them.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Stay the hell away from them!!! Look at my past posts.. to summarize it quickly, pixmania are a fraudulant company that will take the money for the product, hang onto it, cancel you order and then you'll have to fight for months to get your money back!

I'd say they have a few billion in a high interest account off the cayman islands that they use to buy bananas for the monkeys who work there.

Don't let the low price fool you, you won't get anything in return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

SQDD wrote: »
    Stay the hell away from them!!! Look at my past posts.. to summarize it quickly, pixmania are a fraudulant company that will take the money for the product, hang onto it, cancel you order and then you'll have to fight for months to get your money back!

I'd say they have a few billion in a high interest account off the cayman islands that they use to buy bananas for the monkeys who work there.

Don't let the low price fool you, you won't get anything in return!
    What's that about? I've only used Pixmania once so far, got a Linksyspap2t ata from them, got the DHL tracking number too and it came within a week without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Have used them 5 times myself over the last few years for a camera, a camcorder and various other stuff. Never had a problem. Always very fast delivery and order correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I've used them any amount of times over the last few years and never a problem. Amazingly quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I used them loads of times, without a problem and quick delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I used them loads of times, never without a problem and quick delivery.

So you had a problem with every order??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ludo wrote: »
    So you had a problem with every order??? :D

oops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I ordered a media player for my GF in mid December.
    It said on the website that it would be there before xmas eve.
    There was countdown timer and everything saying I had 6 working days.

It never turned up.

I had to ring DHL. There was some big mess. I didn't turn up until a few weeks after January.
    At that stage the damage was done, so I didn't care.

To be fair tho, I think the problem was with DHL, not with Pixmania.

I would order again, but would try to use a different delivery service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Danny, they're just the type of company that are a nightmare to deal with if things go wrong. Most of the time nothing will go wrong as they're not out to get you, but when it does go wrong it'll take some work to clear things up. You're also right that feedback often has a negative bias, and pix have a lot of customers to piss off.

Basically I'd avoid them if you can find somewhere better at a similar price, but on some things either their price is worth it or the competition isn't any better service-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've used them 3 times for a couple of grands worth of stuff in total with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Notice how everyone above is 'I bought stuff and it arrived fine'.

That's all well and good but if ANYTHING you buy from Pixmania breaks down, be prepared to either write it off or exhaust yourself trying to get it sorted.

They have hands down the worst customer service I've ever seen, and I've bought a few things from them. Something I bought off them broke after a few months and they refused to deal with it, saying it was solely the responsibility of the manufacturer - whom in this instance was based in Taiwan. :rolleyes:

They're also brutal for saying things are in stock, and then you discover they're in fact not. I was waiting weeks for something that was advertised as 'In Stock' and I even paid for guaranteed next day delivery as I needed it urgently. Eventually after it arrived something like 14 days later, it took me countless efforts to contact them, upon which they refused to do anything or refund any postage costs.

Shocking company. Stay well away, unless you're buying something you don't want a warranty on - because as far as Pixmania are concerned, there is no such thing as a warranty.

Cheers for all the feedback guys.

I decided to take a more reliable way out, and just bought a similar item in argos, and paid an extra few € to get the three years warranty on it.

Thanks again everyone :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I ordered a camera and memory off them and had no problems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First time I ordered off them was about 4-5 years ago. I had the product in my hand within 18 hours.

Second time I ordered, I never got the thing and it took me over 6 months to get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've used them a few times over the past 3 years but since my last debacle with them I will never purchase from them again.

So, something good about them....eh, their name is easy to spell!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

I always buy from them. I've never had a problem infact one product stopped working during the warranty period and they exchanged it with no hassle. I highly recomend them.

Zeppi

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭dubdamo

Ordered an mp3 player off them,never arrived,got on to DHL,tracking number was wrong,rang both numbers they provide,cant get through to either,sent loads of emails,all i've got back is an email saying DHL lost it and asking do I want replacement ,refund etc.Opted for replacement,about a week ago and still have heard nothing from them.As the other posters say,if things go well fine,if not BRUTAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Advertisement