Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Des Bishop dies on stage

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A little bit of me died.

How has he got away with that junk for so long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I heard it on the radio a few months back when it first came out and thought it was pretty good. The sound quality on that clip is terrible and he's hardly going to get a standing ovation from a crowd of that age who probably never even heard of the original in english.

Wouldnt be a massive fan of Des Bishops but I like what he's doing with the Irish language and making it fun again.

Fair play to him, for a yank I'd say he can speak better Irish than the majority of people that post on this board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Davidius wrote: »
    Des Bishop is funny.
    Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Kold wrote: »
    I don't have any problem understanding what he says. He's really quite funny too.
    Your opinion is wrong and your power to understand gibberish is unmatched. Let's leave it at that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

some people just dont get him,
    I say fair play to him.
    people are very quick to slate a fella for trying
    however that vid was so shyte it was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

It was so thick I lol'd. I was expecting him to fake his death and have someone come on stage like Tommy Cooper and shock the crowd! Typical dry Nordies... not a peep from the feckers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think that was a set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tails142 wrote: »
    I like what he's doing with the Irish language and making it fun again.

Fair play to him, for a yank I'd say he can speak better Irish than the majority of people that post on this board.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I think that was a set up

It was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Davidius wrote: »
    Your opinion is wrong and your power to understand gibberish is unmatched. Let's leave it at that. :pac:

You think Des Bishop is funny! By right I should have you sterilised!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That passes for comedy? Shouting the words to Jump Around as Gaeilge. Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I heard it on the radio a few months back when it first came out and thought it was pretty good. The sound quality on that clip is terrible and he's hardly going to get a standing ovation from a crowd of that age who probably never even heard of the original in english.

Wouldnt be a massive fan of Des Bishops but I like what he's doing with the Irish language and making it fun again.

So he went and learned Irish and just so happened to make a telly show out of it which resulted in a dvd deal too if i'm not mistaken? Lets give him a big green peter badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

That was stomach curdling, and sickly satisfying all at once...

Such a wanquer. One of my biggest consumer regrets is payin 30 odd quid to see this tosser 4/5 years ago. Some degree of arrogance to ram our own language down our throats...

Yeah, and by choice too. The majority of people who pay money to go see him really don't want to be subject to his smug adopted culture-peddling.

anladmór wrote: »
    des is cool but like anything i'd expect these comments from internet 'intellectuals'

Coolness personified alright. His brand of 1990's "hip" American cliché goes down a storm with the youth of today. They love a bit of rollerblading, backwards baseball cap madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

consultech wrote: »
    That was stomach curdling, and sickly satisfying all at once...

Its a set up/wind up. The audience were in on it.

That was my first thought in fairness too, and probably true in retrospect.

In any case, he's been pushing the track on Ireland in earnest for over a year now anyway, so it's equally as annoying as it was when he first did it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Explain how.

Thats not the first time he's died in front of a nordy audience,that show he did in some unionist area had them screaming "ya fenian bahsturd" at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Nearly 2300 views :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coolcullen

Ha! You all got a bit quiet when you realized you were too thick to see that it was a set up for a youtube clip. A good one too, you only have to read the comments you idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

coolcullen wrote: »
    Ha! You all got a bit quiet when you realized you were too thick to see that it was a set up for a youtube clip. A good one too, you only have to read the comments you idiots.

Is that you Des? Sorry we were just having a bit of a laugh but I don't suppose you've ever heard of one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

<NewYorkAccent>Ha! You all got a bit quiet when you realized you were too thick to see that it was a set up for a youtube clip. A good one too, you only have to read the comments you idiots.</NewYorkAccent>

Howrya Des !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Kold wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais is a hilarious stand up, Des Bishop is a twat. Coincidentally I know the....

... private person who has done nothing whatever to deserve your characterisation of her in a forum that's accessible by her friends, her family and everyone she's ever met. Ignoble work, Kold.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Banned

lol @ 1st post ban :D

des bishop is a donkey.. there's comedians who use wit and then there's those who shout or use bad language for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Even if there was no audience I would still wonder how D Bishop is funny.

I've never really been a fan of Irish comedians such as Ed Byrne or that other tool Tiernan but Des Bishop really takes the biscuit so to speak. His entire act is a basic retooling of the old diffrences between white people and black people stick which was dated in the 70s. The fact that he's been living here for most of his life makes all his "witty" observations null and void. That siad Des biggest sin is the fact that he's simply not the least bit funny. God forgive me for this but when all the chips are down even Dave "the worst excuse for a comedian, no scratch that a human being to ever grace our shores" McSavage may be funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

we will all miss des terribly...............:rolleyes:

Advertisement