Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contacting Anti-virus company billing departments

• 07-02-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I hope this is in the right section, but I have a problem with Symantec(Norton) and Mcafee still charging my credit card even though I am not using their services.

I have a laptop which came with macafee and My wife has a laptop which came with norton. We did renew the subscription of the packages after the 1 month trial but that was this time last year. Since then I have gone through several anti-virus packages and have settled with Eset.

However as described above they have billed my visa card(Must have been some sort of auto-renewal policy in the small print). For the life of me I cant find any contact details for their billing departments to cancel this and/or get my money back. My visa company have said that their hands are tied. so no help there

I doubt I am the first person to experience this so any information or contact numbers or even funny relevant stories would be a help.

Thanks

PB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

If you still have the credentials you can log into your mcafee account and set it not to auto renew, http://uk.mcafee.com/ there are contact details on the website and if you cant remember your password there is a "forgot my password" link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ireland101

Successfully cancelled future "Norton Annual Renewal" payments.

Contact numbers to cancel:

UK 0207 6165600
    ROI 0044207 6165600

Your credit card company should be able to provide a contact number if resident elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Ireland101 wrote: »
    Successfully cancelled future "Norton Annual Renewal" payments.

Contact numbers to cancel:

UK 0207 6165600
    ROI 0044207 6165600

Your credit card company should be able to provide a contact number if resident elsewhere.
    How did you come across this thread? It's over 2 years old.

Advertisement