Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Traffic Control

Options
  • 07-02-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Until about a week ago Digiweb updated your web usage stats every half an hour or so but now its gone mad.the 8 pm update showed 6pm info.does anyone know how its calculated and how often it updates now????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dymonaz

Hear hear. It looks like they messed up really bad somewhere there. Their system was upgraded (I think - the graphs changed) sometime just before Christmas and since then I just don't trust it, because my gut says that the maths in there are plain wrong.

I don't mind much about how often they update, as long as they show correct numbers. Yesterday I started puting them down into a spreadsheet for tracking... and I already have something which is interesting.

Tonight, just after midnight:
    24h - 90mb
    7d - 5.36gb
    30d -27.93gb

Right now:
    24h - 236mb
    7d - 5.68gb
    30d - 28.25gb

Now, my gut from the past month is telling me, that 30d/7d is actually 29d/6d+today, but 24h is still rolling for the past 24h, since 30d/7d stats get reset (decrease) only at midnight.

Now, looking at my snapshot above... My 30d/7d usage increased by 0.32gb, but my daily usage is at max possible 0.23! Where did the other 100mb+ come from?

And on top of that, if I add up the hourly usage for today, I get 180mb (which is 50mb of yesterday 7am to midnight + 180mb today midnight to 7am), which should display my 30d as 0.18+27.93 (midnight value)=28.11!

Now... my assumptions might be incorrect (about reseting), but it's simply not possible that during 7h (00-7am) the 30d/7d stats would increase by _more_ than the daily graph shows! Moreso, it can't increase in 7h by _more_ than I used during the last 24h!

PS It also appears that their clock is off by an hour - the bar for "hour 6" is still increasing, though it's past 7am now...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

cheers,maybe someone should write to them about it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mine has been hopping all over the place. One minute it shows the correct 28gb, then 14gb an hour later, then 4gb and then back up to 14gb and then 28gb a few minutes later. I do have to put a count in my head to make sure what exactly my limit is!

Digiweb won't catch me going over 30gb that easily despite their best efforts, they'll have to try harder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dymonaz

gurramok wrote: »
    One minute it shows the correct 28gb, then 14gb an hour later, then 4gb and then back up to 14gb and then 28gb a few minutes later.

Yeah... I thought so... I've noticed other signs in there... But my conclusion so far: their developers messed up big time in there. I think they had to solve some "performance" issues, but they failed at that (performance issues are still there - the page is very slow to load), and also messed up the working things (by completely mis-interpreting what "caching" means).

I was planning to send them an e-mail, that if their developers are that bad, they should hire me, but then again - I'm happilly employed and wouldn't want to work for them :)

Waiting on more data...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Hey,

Anyone know what the story is with the 'Since last traffic counter reset'
    column is on the traffic stats (man I am so bloody sick of checking them!). I don't know if I'm about to hit my cap or not?

Watching Elmo on youtube with the little one for an hour is going to cost me :mad:

I don't know what is going on with the traffic, I've been trying not to knock up high levels of traffic for a week now but my total usage is just not dropping.

Last 24h..........Last 7 days........Last 30 days.......Since last trafficcounter reset
    279.86M..........3.76G...............29.62G...............8.58G

I've ONLY used 3.7 gb in the last 7 days (thats .5 gb a day) and I STILL have to Feckin watch this petty cap!

If anyone is using NTL in Galway, how is it going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

a couple of weeks ago it went pure gaga and restricted me for no reason.
    When I rang there was a mesage saying there was an error and they had it fixed.
    After 45min wait the fellow told me he couldn't fix it and it would be fixed tomorrow. Thats great when I wanted to watch the latest episode of a favorite series of mine

I used to like digiweb but there going down rapidlly in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its a strange one. Maybe the last traffic counter reset is the valid one as they screwed up the count before that reset?

Advertisement