Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair highlights!

• 07-02-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ok this might seem like a real silly question, lol. I'm relatively new to getting my hair coloured, I had highlights put in last year and have had the roots topped up a couple of times. The hairdresser was someone highly recommended to me by a friend and she was as good as I hoped :) The problem is now I've moved and can't keep making the trip back to the same hairdresser so I need to find someone new.

What I want to know is should I be worried about a differant hairdresser doing my roots? Would I be better letting them re-do it all or is it all pretty standard so they'll be able to match it all nicely etc... I've seen some pretty nasty highlight jobs out there and I really like how subtle mine is and don't want to lose that.

Am I just being paranoid? Please tell me I am, cause there's a hairdressers right at the end of my street that would be super handy to go to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

moved from tLL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

no one can really answer this one apart from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Where have you moved to? Maybe one of us can recommend a good hairdresser then in your new area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

iv never heard of getting highlights done and been able to get the roots topped up, iv been gettin highlights on and off for years and have to get a new set every 2 months or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

I've moved to Drogheda :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Why dont you ring your old hairdresser and ask her what colour highlights she used in your hair? All colours are standard and will be available in all hairdressers. You can keep the colours and number of the colour safe and bring it into any hairdresser and you'll be flying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

ilovecars wrote: »
    iv never heard of getting highlights done and been able to get the roots topped up, iv been gettin highlights on and off for years and have to get a new set every 2 months or whatever

It's probably balayage highlighting, probably!?

Advertisement