Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any point trying to sell/exchange these lenses?

• 07-02-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

I have three pretty cheap lenses....

Nikkor AF-S DX Zoom 55-200mm f/4 5.6G ED
    Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4~f/5.6 G

....I barely use at all with my D40 and I was wondering if you knowledgable people think there's any point trying to use them in part exchange for a new lens in a Dublin shop? Would they yield so little I might as well keep them??

I haven't decided yet what I'm going for, but it's likely to be a (painfully expensive) zoom.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Why not keep them and get some use from them if/when you upgrade from the D40 in the future...then youwon't find yourself looking to re-buy these lenses again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

pete4130 wrote: »
    Why not keep them and get some use from them if/when you upgrade from the D40 in the future...then youwon't find yourself looking to re-buy these lenses again!

Thanks Pete. You're probaby right, although for one reason or another I don't like the lenses, never enjoyed using them - although two were gifts so I shouldn't be so ungrateful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

To get more use from the 50mm you could just buy a revers macro adaptor from ebay for about €10 to use the lens backwards for some cheap, good quality macro shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

pete4130 wrote: »
    To get more use from the 50mm you could just buy a revers macro adaptor from ebay for about €10 to use the lens backwards for some cheap, good quality macro shots!

Will give that a go Pete, many thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Keep the nifty!!!
    And about coupling rings, I am thinking about buyng few too. Maybe we could share delivery fee? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

if you want to get rid of the 50mm I'd be interested just drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Phototoxin wrote: »
    if you want to get rid of the 50mm ...

:eek:

Who would do such a crime, a sin, an unwise move? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I might be interested in the 55-200mm, depending on price. If you want, drop me a PM with a price.

Mods, if selling/offering to buy is not allowed, then I apologise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It would be best to do any negotiations via PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah i'd be interested in the 50mm , in exchange for some of these euros i have lying around

• Advertisement
Advertisement