Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many threads are locked daily by boards mods that shouldn't be locked?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I couldn't say about other moderators, but whenever I locked threads while locked, it was perfectly appropriate that I be locked.

I may have had a hard day, for example. Also, my doctor has told me that I need to drink more alcohol.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Talliesin wrote: »
    I may have had a hard day, for example. Also, my doctor has told me that I need to drink more alcohol.

I really have to start charging mods for this service.
    Did I mention your blood tests are back?
    you're low on vitamin coke and those hooker proteins that are an essential part of healthy digestion.
    My prescription is for some snorty lovin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

The airsoft forums increase the number of locked threads that don't need to be locked significantly. The moderators of it are ridiculous.
    That forum only exists to protect the interest of those who are moderators of the forum. They slice out all of the threads that doesn't quite fit in to their idea of the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Ass wrote: »
    The airsoft forums increase the number of locked threads that don't need to be locked significantly. The moderators of it are ridiculous.
    That forum only exists to protect the interest of those who are moderators of the forum. They slice out all of the threads that doesn't quite fit in to their idea of the grand scheme of things.

It's okay to start your own thread . The answer will still be 37 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Who the fu(k locked my 'ireland losing its heritage' thread and why??

That was the single most amazing thread that this site has ever had!!! It was going to take boards.ie to the next level ie a maintained and constant state of orgasim.

A thread as sexually aware will not and connot exist again!
    You have c0ckblocked every user of the internet.

I am disgusted.

edit: Sorry i see now that the racists had at my thread. apologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

What ?
    Where did you post that thread? I can bet you my underwear that if it was in AH then it was locked

What ?
    Where did you post that thread? I can bet you my underwear that if it was in AH then it was locked

Yep Ay-Aych

I think if you've got valid points then you should bring them to a valid forum for reasoned level headed straight discussion :)

I think if you've got valid points then you should bring them to a valid forum for reasoned level headed straight discussion :)

Yeh but what if you want to have the craic and talk aload of bollocks and get audience participation under the guise of a seriously stupid title?

Yeh but what if you want to have the craic and talk aload of bollocks and get audience participation under the guise of a seriously stupid title?

Then talk/shout to yourself/think out loud on the top of Grafton St.

• Advertisement

What? with whats his name? Degsy's mate?

Nah mate, im not being tarred with that brush. That guy is more hated than Eamon Dunphy.

I don't know who Degsy is, I'm new here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FI is on my Ignore list. Thanks guys for not quoting much of the OP! Can a locked mod please lock this thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can work, esp. in AH.

[ref. most threads started by Pighead]

You have to put a bit more effort into it though, Brendan. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Can work, esp. in AH.

Oi, get back to locking threads in the nocturnal forum you!

We're never gonna make our quota with you in here!

/goes to lock the lair to make up the numbers from Randy's slacking off

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

orestes wrote: »

Seriously lads, ye need to get your act together. Your bans are down 36% versus last week despite user posting showing a 13% increase and user oppression rates are at the lowest they've ever been. It's ridiculous! The admins will go bat shít crazy when they see this. SORT IT!!!

Seriously lads, ye need to get your act together. Your bans are down 36% versus last week despite user posting showing a 13% increase and user oppression rates are at the lowest they've ever been. It's ridiculous! The admins will go bat shít crazy when they see this. SORT IT!!!
    /bans AC

/smiles at triple word ban score

Sorry sir, I'll get right on it, just please don't bring this up at the next round-table mod meeting, the AH mods will never let us hear the end of it!
    /bans AC

If you cost me the monthly double-coke-bonus me and you are gonna have issues ya bastid

Is it not "treble" ?

Edit:
    Fail Al, treble is a verb.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry sir, I'll get right on it, just please don't bring this up at the next round-table mod meeting, the AH mods will never let us hear the end of it!

We should be ok now. I banned a load of users there, I used the good old "If you don't know what you did wrong then you have no place being in the forum any more so I'll just make the ban permanent" for the ban reason. Most will be too afraid to complain and the ones that do complain will earn a nice permanent ban and we get a big bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Pffft! Amateurs!

We should be ok now. I banned a load of users there, I used the good old "If you don't know what you did wrong then you have no place being in the forum any more so I'll just make the ban permanent" for the ban reason. Most will be too afraid to complain and the ones that do complain will earn a nice permanent ban and we get a big bonus.
    GuanYin wrote: »
    Pffft! Amateurs!

Would me banning GuanYin from all of the forums I mod go any way to picking up the slack?

Just checking to be on the safe side like.....

Is it not "treble" ?

Edit:
    It can also be a noun, as in:

logo9vf.png

And it can be an adjective, as in "treble choir".

Oh, lord, I'm turning into Talliesin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Would me banning GuanYin from all of the forums I mod go any way to picking up the slack?

You think I've ever been in any of the forums you mod? :p

Right back at ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/bans AC

FAIL

You can't ban your Cmod from your forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And the amount of boll0x posts in this thread shows just why feedback gets a bad name. People with nothing better to do posting for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sabotage wrote: »
    And the amount of boll0x posts in this thread shows just why feedback gets a bad name. People with nothing better to do posting for the sake of it.
    The worst part is a lot are trying so hard to be funny and end up filling the thread with completely cringeworthy crap.

The worst lolcats > mod jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Below are some of the posts this thread didnt need, and by people who would probably agree that Feedback needs fixing.
    galwayrush wrote: »
    You forgot to use caps and underline key words.;)
    mike65 wrote: »
    *sighs*

IBTL
    Huh.

I didnt think "threads that are locked daily by boards mods that shouldnt be locked" was a quantifiable amount.

/consults physics text-book

Oh, look at that!. It's a scalar. Hurrah.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think it's 7 threads a day.

5 on weekends, and three on a bank holiday.

Not sure if they get paid overtime for the BH though.
    Down to five daily now, there's a recession on apparently.

The likes of Ruu and Gordon dicked it up for everybody with their ostentacious excess, now the rest of us have to live with the consequences :mad:

I heard they had to evict banlist.php due to lack of funds, and users are now expected to supply their own bits for posting (which isn't as painful as it sounds).
    Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with the FAP forum, dude?

Yup,definitely fap forum :D.
    In my opinion Boards mods should never be locked while they're modding -it's irresponsible.
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    Fap forum?

Wtf?

Bloody internetz.

It's all Roundymooney's fault anyways.
    You're just saying that cos I won all 15 legs of the Jager bomb race we all had at breakfast.
    SDooM wrote: »
    We might get some valuable data if we divide the result by the circumferance of a moose.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Like this one you mean? ;)
    Oh yea, 42.
    Dord wrote: »
    This is the correct answer. Everyone knows that the answer is ALWAYS 42. :)
    Sparks wrote: »
    Thirty-Seven?!?!?!!!!!
    It's the modding that made us all turn to drink in the first place
    I really wish you were my old maths lecturer. It would have made for an easy pass.
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Talliesin wrote: »
    I couldn't say about other moderators, but whenever I locked threads while locked, it was perfectly appropriate that I be locked.

I really have to start charging mods for this service.
    Did I mention your blood tests are back?
    you're low on vitamin coke and those hooker proteins that are an essential part of healthy digestion.
    My prescription is for some snorty lovin'.
    nessyguin wrote: »
    It's okay to start your own thread . The answer will still be 37 ;)
    Then talk/shout to yourself/think out loud on the top of Grafton St.
    What? with whats his name? Degsy's mate?

Nah mate, im not being tarred with that brush. That guy is more hated than Eamon Dunphy.
    I don't know who Degsy is, I'm new here :)
    esel wrote: »
    FI is on my Ignore list. Thanks guys for not quoting much of the OP! Can a locked mod please lock this thread.
    Can work, esp. in AH.

Oi, get back to locking threads in the nocturnal forum you!

/goes to lock the lair to make up the numbers from Randy's slacking off
    /bans AC

If you cost me the monthly double-coke-bonus me and you are gonna have issues ya bastid
    Is it not "treble" ?

Edit:
    Pffft! Amateurs!

It can also be a noun, as in:

logo9vf.png

And it can be an adjective, as in "treble choir".

Oh, lord, I'm turning into Talliesin!
    Right back at ya :D
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    FAIL

You can't ban your Cmod from your forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Perhaps, and with respect, Mr. Sabotage, this is deserving of a feedback thread of its own?
    I tried my best with this one, moved it from AH to open it for more interest. I would just take it that people are happy with our locking procedures at the moment hence we don't have a number of pages where a topic is hotly discussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement