Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface piercing

• 07-02-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

vbulletinsurface.jpgI have an idea for a surface piercing project that Im looking to start this Summer. Its pretty simple, 2 surface bars along the top of my wings.

I know they won't last long, and I know its a horrible place to have done, but I figure I could take the tattoo.. so a piercing should be a breeze.

Again I know they won't last long but I want them done for the experience and as a personal test kidna thing, to see how long I can make them last. And when they do grow out eventually Ill have the scars to at least say that I did it.

1)how long roughly, will they last?
    2)what price would I be able to get them done in Dublin?
    3)what's it like to have a surface bar reject?

I included a (badly) edited pic so you can all see what I intend on doing.

cheers

edit: k sorry Im still new here and dont know how to put in working links so heres the url to the pic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You could get microdermals done to mimic the look of surface bars, they would be your best bet. Way too much movement and surface bars wouldn't last very long at all even with a very competent piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Thanks for putting the pic in, I know micro dermals would work better, but they freak me out just that little bit more than a bar does. Im not sure why though :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nor do i, but as i said microdermals would be your best bet. Very high contact areas, both micros and surface bars will get agitated :-/ tbh it's not a very good idea to get any type of piercing there. It will be very hard to keep the piercings happy and out of harms way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Who did those wings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks a little similar stylistically to Jimmy Triggers wings on the guy on his back...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭XXNikXX

Ive had two separate surface piercings, one on my chest and one just above my belly button. They both lasted only about two to three months and that was only because i refused to take them out.

They're really not that bad to get done, the feelings more weird than painful but i suppose everyones different. When they reject they're ugly as hell but again its not paticularly sore, more annoying than anything. The first one i had removed by the guy who did it for me and the second i just pulled straight out myself with no probems.

If its what you want to do then i say go for it, you know theres only so long they'll last and that you'll be left with scars but you only live once.. :D

Who did those wings?

His name was Stefon, he was from Latvia I think and I had it done in Wildcat near Jervis just before the new year.. the tattoo hasn't really got anything to do with his style because I got the picture from an artist named Will from Washington in the US (obv). Stefon just did a copy of the design and reshaped it to fit my hips a bit..

XXNikXX wrote: »
    Ive had two separate surface piercings, one on my chest and one just above my belly button. They both lasted only about two to three months and that was only because i refused to take them out.

They're really not that bad to get done, the feelings more weird than painful but i suppose everyones different. When they reject they're ugly as hell but again its not paticularly sore, more annoying than anything. The first one i had removed by the guy who did it for me and the second i just pulled straight out myself with no probems.

If its what you want to do then i say go for it, you know theres only so long they'll last and that you'll be left with scars but you only live once.. :D

Thanks, the scars are pretty much the end result that Im after, like a commerative thing to say that I actually did it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If its the scars you're particularily after, why not get scarification work done. I think they'd look better when healed that rejection scars.

LD 50 wrote: »
    If its the scars you're particularily after, why not get scarification work done. I think they'd look better when healed that rejection scars.

Its not just the scars Im after though, and I did think about just scarification work but it seems a waste to just have 2 small cuts made on my stomach.. I want something to show for the short time that the piercings last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement