Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you been scamed !! how?

• 08-02-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi
    ive never been scammed before but id like to know if you have and what happend??
    was it bad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

anybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You might want to let more than twenty minutes on a Sunday night pass to get a response.

Moved from Investments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

:Dyes i was ripped off once i thought i bought a map of the sahara desert turned out to be a bit of sand paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Bob Z wrote: »
    :Dyes i was ripped off once i thought i bought a map of the sahara desert turned out to be a bit of sand paper

:pac:

How gullible are you :p

I got scammed out of €6 buying a game on adverts, game never showed up and seller never responded. Got the grand total of 0.45cent back though.

I can live with it, its not a fortune, but it was annoying to be treated that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I got stung by a bee once........20 quid for a jar of honey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I got stung by a bee once........20 quid for a jar of honey.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Move to humour? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

got my gas bill today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Yes, bought an ipod on ebay, paid €160 for it...including postage. When i got it, it was the cheap chineese version of it, with no proper apple software etc..
    So I complained through paypal, and ended up getting a full refund from the guy himself. He told me to keep it...he even refunded me the postage (which was registered post in ireland).
    I reported him to ebay and left negative feedback. His account was gone within a day.

I got lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

A few of my work mates have entered the holiday/car etc comps that are also a subscription service.

They usually don't make the connection until all their credit is gone.
    I have spent hours sending 'unsub' to various numbers.

Also my sister has a few 'hard to use' holiday vouchers from the competitions in mags and newspapers. She has yet to win the car or the million euro jackpot just the holiday vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I once bought a newspaper but instead of containing genuine articles, it was full of rehashed stories that a lazy reporter had taken from an online community about how they make money online and how they've been scammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have spent hours sending 'unsub' to various numbers.
    Probably didn't work because you're supposed to send 'stop' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters, less of the smartarsing please.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

dudara wrote: »
    Posters, less of the smartarsing please.

The OP wants to learn how to scam people ? - how would you react ?

If you want to question a forum moderator's comment, then please take it up via PM or the Feedback forum.

If people want to post smartarse replies, then I'll move the thread to After Hours and people can let rip all they want. Otherwise, I ask them to respond in a more appropriate manner.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

This thread should have been moved to AH the minute the OP asked the question. No one in their right mind if they had a brilliant idea would share it on this board. And it was left open for a couple of days of p!ss taking :D:D Dudara you would be better off moving it.

Indeed... this thread may be better suited to After Hours.

Duly moved.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Still trying to find easy ways to make money lil man? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

yea scammed by housemate,filthy animal told me his ma died and needed money to go to funeral down in limerick ,tears and all he had flowing ,found out month later mother alive and well in portlaois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Pft, even if I was scammed it wouldn't matter..

I won the nigerian lottery last week so I've plenty of money to waste :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

FU Wibbs, starting a fucking movement with that silly emboldening of text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Hi
    ive never been scammed before but id like to know if you have and what happend??
    was it bad
    yea scammed every day by the goverment but hey
    what can ya do;)
    bend over and take it in the sherrifs badge.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Never been scammed, but copped onto those Italian guys with the spare Armani suits-in-the-boot from a show in the RDS deal they tried to fob off on me...

Askin for directions suddenly turnin round talkin about cheap stylish suits doesnt work well haha!!:D

Advertisement