Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnout Paradise - Complete

• 08-02-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Anybody pick this up? I never bought the initial release of Paradise but compared to diminishing NFS titles I wanted to grab a copy for myself but when presented with a pre owned original for €9.99 or this new release for €29.99 it's help to know whether or not there's really anything new of note on this release. Sure enough IGN can tell me all sorts of things but I'd rather hear a proper gamer opinion! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is it all the dlc included?

not sure myself cos I have the pc version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

It's being plugged as Paradise plus Paradise Bikes and there's a snap of an old hot rod on the back cover so I'm guessing it's mostly new vehicles coming with it, not enough to make me pony up the dough TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you dont have burnout paradise, buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah get it. Don't think it comes with the new island though, or the legend and toy cars. That's still dlc to come.

Guess that solves that one then! :D Cheers for the info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

where is the original €10 preowned?

Smyths, was the last time I had my eye on it anyways, was down to €20 in the sale and still at €10 pre-owned to the best of my knowledge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Burnout Paradise Ultimate has the game plus all the free updates up to now, upgrading it to Burnout Paradise 1.6 together with the Party Pack add on thrown in, and that costs 9.99 on it's own, so a good deal over all, especially if you don't have it already.

Burnout Paradise could well be remembered as one of the best racing games of all time, what with all the coold Premium DLC, DLC that really adds to the experience, gods, I love this game.

I just wish I was better at it!

I've played it a bit in the last day or two and I dunno about best ever but definitely of 2008 at least. Haven't played many racing games since NFS Underground on the PS2 though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I had 298 of 300 of those damned billboards when I moved apartment and left the PS3 behind. :(

I love the Burnout series but I miss the Crash Events... Crashtime aint a patch on it.

Burnout 3 was awesome but I liked Revenge too and the retooled version with the new graphics is quite tasty!

Might download this as i'm on a mission now that I'm online :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

its a great game..been playing it again for the last month or so..the new update has actually made it easier tho..dunno if thats a good thing or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bought it a few feeks ago meself. Its fecking excelent, I love it. Im brutal at it but still though its definately worth the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm a huge PGR fan, from back in the MSR days! Any comparisons between the two. Also, I tried the demo of this and wasn't overly impressed with the handling. Is it worth overlooking that and picking up the full game?! I've heard so many positive comments about this that it's hard to ignore!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

bit ****

no local multiplayer
    have to drive around to look for races

burn out 2 was something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm a huge PGR fan, from back in the MSR days! Any comparisons between the two. Also, I tried the demo of this and wasn't overly impressed with the handling. Is it worth overlooking that and picking up the full game?! I've heard so many positive comments about this that it's hard to ignore!!

Definately worth getting. I thought the handling was grand. The drifting is fun :)
    Ya do have to drive around looking for a race but thats only something small, it is a driving game after all. Get it, get it now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Placebo wrote: »
    bit ****

no local multiplayer
    have to drive around to look for races

burn out 2 was something else.

They just added turn based local multiplayer if that's of interest. Haven't tried it yet myself. If the game's only 10e pricing that pack at 800 points is a bit of a ripoff imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Bought this on release and traded it in a month later. Lack of split screen multiplayer was criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They dumped split screen cos there's no way they could have maintained the 60fps framerate. Anyway, best value for money console game ever. I don't know of any other that gave out as much free DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is this still €9.99 preowned in smyths on jervis street by any chance? And it isnt that trade 2 games in get it for a tenner deal is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This is one of my fav games. I havent downloaded the party play thingie tho, is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not really unless you regularly have people over playing it in person. Its a pass-the-pad type thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not worth it IMO. Like Stephen said, it's just pass the pad party play. There's a video of it on GiantBomb.

Advertisement