Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog hair on Tarmac

Options
  • 08-02-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello
    I have two very hairy dogs which lose a lot of hair, which is becoming lodged in the tarmacadem, it builds up and is actually disturbing the tarmac. I regularly sweep it up but I find the constant sweeping is damaging the tarmac. Does anybody have any ideas, what about a propane weed burner? Would that work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

If a brush is disturbing the tarmac, a weed burner is likely to cause much more damage. Must be a lot of hair involved so I'd use a garden blower. Meanwhile I'd be more concerned with the quality and stability of the tarmac surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

the simplest way of solveing ur problem is shaveing ur dogs then ur problem is sovled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭spinaltap

I understand what you are saying, if it was me I would thourougly clean the tarmac first and then dilllute jeys fluid in a large bucket and sweep the whole lot down weekly, just maybe test a small area first, it will also freshen up the smell of dog hair, just make sure to dillute it so as not to harm your dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lokimon

Many thanks all,
    Shaving not an option its too cold, I dont think a blower will dislodge the hair as it works its way into the tarmac. Im happy enough with the quality of the surface the hair collects along the base of kerbing and the beginning of the tarmac and in corners.

What is the purpose of weekly cleaning with Jeyes Fluid does it just act as a disinfectant

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

well then take the next best thing just get rid of ur dogs:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement