Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recruit camp

• 08-02-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

There are 12 recruits in my unit(eastern brigade,I'll leave it at that) and the c/s recently informed us that currently only 10 can go to camp as there are not enough places and that they are working to resolve this.It seems to me a bit absurd that they took on more recruits than they can train.Has anyone else had experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What will probably happen is a couple of the recruits will simply be put on another camp!!! It happens anyway when the dates don't suit everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

-boris wrote: »
    There are 12 recruits in my unit(eastern brigade,I'll leave it at that) and the c/s recently informed us that currently only 10 can go to camp as there are not enough places and that they are working to resolve this.It seems to me a bit absurd that they took on more recruits than they can train.Has anyone else had experience of this?

I would imagine that they assume recruits will drop out in the months waiting for their clearance. We were told from the get go that not everyone may be able to go to camp. Those that were at the most nights will be be at the front of the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Wow, :eek: things have changed, back in my time with the FCA as was. We had two recruit platoons the year I joined. I'd say we had forty to fifty recruits on camp. That doesn't include the drop outs who didn't turn up for camp. It is fair to say however that not everyone would have got in these days. Certainly not Aylward :o or any of the 16 years olds or the 15 year old and certainly not the 14 year old, good soldier though he was.

Better off really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭-boris

I would imagine that they assume recruits will drop out in the months waiting for their clearance. We were told from the get go that not everyone may be able to go to camp. Those that were at the most nights will be be at the front of the line.

We've all been cleared and issued with uor numbers and kit!Roll call isnt taken most nights!icon11.gif

We've all been cleared and issued with uor numbers and kit!Roll call isnt taken most nights!icon11.gif

Are ye signing a register every night???? If no ask for it. That is the register for Grat. Even if you were sworn in too late to recieve Grat, sign that register, you are required to anyway/.

• Advertisement

Are ye signing a register every night???? If no ask for it. That is the register for Grat. Even if you were sworn in too late to recieve Grat, sign that register, you are required to anyway/.
    ++

Ahhh ok OP, we have not yet been sworn in. I'd say the reasoning is still the same though.

nopeicon11.gifhaven't seen sight nor sound of it.roll call is taken now and again.This might be a bit presumptuous,but isn't role call supposed to be taken every night?

nopeicon11.gifhaven't seen sight nor sound of it.roll call is taken now and again.This might be a bit presumptuous,but isn't role call supposed to be taken every night?

No, Roll Call was done away with, there IS a register for you to sign Name Rank Number into, Ask your Cadre for it the next night you are up.

This is how you prove you are at Parade Nights, Field Days, ARP's....Every bit of unpaid time.

Well with us the book is just passed around and people sign in.

Well with us the book is just passed around and people sign in.

Same here, but it sounds like noone in Boris~ Unit is signing it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

We were told to sign the book and keep your own record.

That said our Cadre staff always make sure the book is signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

When I was in the FCA, we had similar problems because there never, ever seemed to be enough female accomodation. Happened nearly every time, at least once they only copped the problem when we were in the actual barracks.

Argh.

The only thing we signed was a book acknowledging that we were not entitled to grat!roll call was taken about 4 or 5 times since sept,which didnt include a single field day!

The only thing we signed was a book acknowledging that we were not entitled to grat!roll call was taken about 4 or 5 times since sept,which didnt include a single field day!

Ye should be signing the book anyway, no matter what, it is for liability purposes too, and in case you need an alibi!!!(well not for that but you get my Drift.)

EVERYONE should be signing the book, as it is not only for Grat. That is only if you have an Army Number though.

Advertisement