Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music system advice....

• 08-02-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi :)

First off...I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not?
    Sorry if it's not, and feel free to move it.

I'm looking for some general advice on some kind of music system thingy.

At the moment I am using a basic cd player that is about 8 yrs old. Yikes!

I have an iaudio x5 at the moment, but I am going to upgrade to a Cowon S9 shortly (as soon as the 32gb version is released).

This might be a verrrry stoopid question, but what is the best way to use my mp3 player to play music at home?
    I have tried using those mini speakers, but they are kind-of rubbish.

I'm basically looking for advice on the best way to get rid of all my cd's and use my mp3 player to play music at home.

....any suggestions! And sorry for all the stoopid q's :)
    Oh, also, a rough idea on prices would be great too.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Spider_Piglet

edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

What's your budget and how big is the room? Will you playing Cd's or exclusively using your MP3 player. Also, I don't know whether you should upgrade that X5. If you are, the iPod Classic is supposed to be good. Just don't use iTunes. Use MediaMonkey instead. I have an iRiver H140 myself. Wouldn't sell it for the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

If you do get the S9, you could look at micro hifis with integrated bluetooth, the advantage been that you can select the music to be played on the S9 and send it to the hifi without getting up from the couch - or at least that's the theory :)

Sony do a few systems with bluetooth. An example of one is:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1481073/art/sony/cmt-hx50btr-cd-usb-ipod-m.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Don't sell your X5 as said already, depending on your room etc just pick up something from Creative, T-40s are very good or Audio Engine make some decent kit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

butts wrote: »
    If you do get the S9, you could look at micro hifis with integrated bluetooth, the advantage been that you can select the music to be played on the S9 and send it to the hifi without getting up from the couch - or at least that's the theory :)

Sony do a few systems with bluetooth. An example of one is:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1481073/art/sony/cmt-hx50btr-cd-usb-ipod-m.html

Is this possible with the s9????

Wow, I didnt realise that!!

I currently have an x5 myself.
    It's pretty old though, and 20gb, so I am thinking of upgrading to the s9...if the rumours of a 32gb model are true! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement