Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a diet plan counted right!

• 08-02-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Has anyone tried to get a food plan right without being swamped in numbers?

I've calculated my daily calorie intake needs etc. and i'm trying to cut 500calories a day. I run alot too. I like to have a plan on paper for what i'll eat in a day but when it comes to writing out all the stuff and how much carbs, protein, fats i'll get i find it hard to hit 2500kcal a day! Has anyone found it easy enough to write up a plan of what they wanted to eat for a day/week?

numbers!

Oh and I found this website ( http://www.thefruitpages.com/contents.shtml ) for calculating my fruit and vegetable numbers. Does anyone think that's a decent page to use for this? Does organic veg give better nutrition??!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Go to something like www.fitday.com and open a free account. Then play with your foods till you have a meal plan that fits your tastes and gives you the numbers you want. It will do the maths, and keep track of your vitamins and minerals too.

In theory, organic veg is better, it's just difficult to prove. But organic farming is better for everyone, so continue to buy it.

Advertisement