Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new 37lg5010 sound vibrations

• 08-02-2009 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

recently bought a 37" LG 5010 LCD tv....excellent tv in every regard,

but,

when I have the SRS tru surrond sound on the set makes this annoying vibrating sound when watching anything with a low bass sound. I have lightly tapped the rear cover of the tv when its off and it makes the same sound. It seems the tru surrond vibrates the tv when other sound settings do not.

I have placed my hand in the back middle of the tv and this stops the vibration. I'm pretty sure it's the tv rear cover and not the innards of the tv causing the vibrating sound, have checked all screws and they're fine.

Anyone else experience this problem? Any idea how to stop it?

Any help much appreciated thanks.

Fatchance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

fatchance wrote: »
    Anyone else experience this problem? Any idea how to stop it?

Is the tv in a corner, or close to a wall?

SRS expands the bass frequencies (albeit very limited with tv speakers) and these cause a lot of interference (noise) when they are contained.

Suggestions include placing the tv in the middle of the room and seeing if the reverberations continue. If they do not, then that is your problem, if they do, isolating the loose part may be easier.

Being honest, TV speakers are not really great for listening at any great volume, so in reality if you want better sound, you might try looking at a proper amp/speaker set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

Good thinking, the tv is in a corner alright, I'll try your idea and get back to ya. The grand plan is to get a decent speaker/surround sound system at some stage....finances dictate i'm afraid.

thanks

Nah...didn't work. The sound from the tv is still vibrating the plastic back of the tv unit. Anyway, for future reference if anyone else reads this and has experienced the same problem and manage to find a solution....please PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BBNuno

Hi! I have this problem to...Do you solve this? Regards!

Unfortunately no....bar taking the back of the tv off and delving about within the bowls of the machine myself, which I haven;t ruled out!!!!!

Damn annoying....

• Advertisement

At last, mnaged to get annoying problem sorted by ringing LG customer
    support for Rep Ireland. They have 1 years manufacturer's warranty so LCD still covered. Explained problem, they said they'd send courier out to collect set and had it back within 8 working days.

Extra insulation added to set to prevent vibrations and they also replaced the speakers, have it back few days now and delighted with it. (When i lightly tapped the plastic backing of the tv with my finger it caused the exact vibration i was getting, thats gone now)

And just to add, fair play to LG customer service, no messing about, no fee, just sorted problem, very impressed in this red tape world we live in.:D

Advertisement