Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place on East coast

Options
  • 08-02-2009 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Hi I am gonna be on the east coast for a month and was wondering where the cheapest place is on the main backpacking route. I might want to stay in one place for a bit to save on money and would prefer to stay in the cheapest area in terms of hostels and living expenses. Also looking at the cost of hostels in Byron Bay it seem pricey there.Also how much did people pay for the fraser island and Whitsunday trips. I sit cheaper to book there or before you get to the place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Hi I am gonna be on the east coast for a month and was wondering where the cheapest place is on the main backpacking route. I might want to stay in one place for a bit to save on money and would prefer to stay in the cheapest area in terms of hostels and living expenses. Also looking at the cost of hostels in Byron Bay it seem pricey there.Also how much did people pay for the fraser island and Whitsunday trips. I sit cheaper to book there or before you get to the place.

Cheapest areas you will fond will be just North of the sunny coast.

Areas like Rainbow Beach and Cooloola are cheap. One if the organised tripe to raser from here or Harvey Bay well worth it.

BB is pricey on a back packers budget but I love the place, we just spin down there on a whim every so often.

All the sunny coast areas are nice and you can while away the days on the beach spending nothing if you wish. Not the same night life as Goildie and Syndey etc but you must avoid this if you wish to save $$$ I guess.

Advertisement