Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecture Days - Chemistry

Options
  • 08-02-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else at the lecture yestersday in Trinity? I amn't going to name the company but my god was it a waste of €75. By lunch we were 90 mins behind schedule, so we rushed through the last few bits. The only decent thing was the book we got at the start of the day. It was useless for A1 students. In 8 hours I could have read through Less Stress rather than waste 20 mins filling in the PV=nRT formula.

Anyone else there? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ironclaw wrote: »
    Was anyone else at the lecture yestersday in Trinity? I amn't going to name the company but my god was it a waste of €75. By lunch we were 90 mins behind schedule, so we rushed through the last few bits. The only decent thing was the book we got at the start of the day. It was useless for A1 students. In 8 hours I could have read through Less Stress rather than waste 20 mins filling in the PV=nRT formula.

Anyone else there? :mad:

Had I known about it, I would have been there.

If you're an A1 student, why where you at it?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Figure of speech. Not being big headed about the A1 thing, more like I'm aiming at an A1. I just felt it could have been more rounded. More advanced amd tricky parts covered. It was good but I feel out of pocket having spent €75 (And that was with a discount)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

A bunch of people in my class went to the English one for €60. They all came back with useless facts about Macbeth -"It was really good! They told us that Duncan was Lady Macbeth's uncle!" - that have absolutely zero relevance to the exam. Seems like a bit of a scam to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was going to go to the physics one, but well I won't bother now. I'll just read my Less Stress More Success book in bed.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Cant comment on Trinity but they had the same kind of lectures in UCC for 30 for most subjects. I went to the maths one and it was pretty good. We got a fantastic book of notes. I heard good things about the chemistry aswell. 75 seems far too much for a single day lecture with (I presume) in excess of 100 students attending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I'm pretty sure 75 was the group discount too - €100 otherwise :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

cautioner wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 75 was the group discount too - €100 otherwise :eek:

They'll charge what people are willing to pay I suppose.
    Thats extortion though, especially considering it wasn't that good.
    Its kind of preying on people really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, I went to the English one in UCC last year.
    My teacher at the time suggested we all go, so most of my class went like.
    It was absolute rubbish!! Like, the biggest waste of money ever. And the notes aren't even good... they're about a C-level. Meh.

Was going to go to the physics one

So was I. The study book is good. But €75 is off the wall. Verdict: Avoid

Just to update on this one. I was at the Physics one today and it was decent enough. Worth the €50 and feel abit better than my wasted €75 a month ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement