Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeling ****ed in the head

Options
  • 08-02-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

alright everyone just came back from a night out and I've been feeling **** ever since. Ive started crying and just feel really depressed. I'm not out yet and I know thats why I'm depressed. I felt like coming out to my friend today but I just couldn't get the courage to. I need help I dunno what to do. I'm having suicidle thoughts and Im crying all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rainbo

I see from your other post you are a rugby player so why not just turn up for training with the emerald warriors team. You won't have to come out to anyone just land into a training session. Plus it's a more comfortable situation for you being from a rugby background. It would be just a case of turning up getting involved in a training session. I'm sure there are people involved with the team on boards or maybe contact them through their website before training http://ewrfc.ie/ might be worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It might seem like an odd first choice in terms of telling someone, but would you feel OK about maybe going to your GP and talking about it with him/her?

I think the relief you'd feel talking to someone somewhat familiar about it face-to-face would help you a lot. And it's obviously completely in confidence.

My GP was one of the first people I told, because at the time like you I was just so messed up over it. It helped me enormously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Do you have any close friends? When I came out, I told my closest friend first. He was completely cool with it (in fact, I think he even said, "Cool," when I told him). Apart from the usual "So who do you fancy" questions, there was no big hullabaloo.

Alternatively, as mentioned above, you could tell your GP, or even a councellor. They're professionals, and they've seen it all before, so they're going to act favourably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rainbo

Good point on seeing the GP re the depression and having at least someone you can talk to in confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

I guess it feels like the world might end if people find out? Sorry, but there are 6 billion other people keeping it going. You do have the courage to do this, you just need to believe it. Try this:

1) Accept that you're gay and that it's not going to change. It's just who you are and anybody who doesn't know this about you just doesn't fully know you.
    2) Say "I'm gay" to a mirror. Try all the variations you can, "I like guys", etc
    3) Ring http://www.gayswitchboard.ie/ tomorrow and tell them you're gay
    4) I guess maybe you don't know any other gay people, but if you and you're friendly with them, try telling them first. They're pretty much guaranteed to be happy for you.
    5) Pick a close friend and just tell them. They're your friend because they like you, not because they think you want to sleep with girls.

Once you've told someone, that's it. You've done it. You're out. Anything else is pretty much optional. This is 2009, not 1909, nobody's going to be blown away no matter how non-stereotypical you think you are. You can do this, and you will feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

gayguy2009 wrote: »
    everyone just came back from a night out and I've been feeling **** ever since.

What was it about the night out that set it off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

gayguy2009 wrote: »
    alright everyone just came back from a night out and I've been feeling **** ever since. Ive started crying and just feel really depressed. I'm not out yet and I know thats why I'm depressed. I felt like coming out to my friend today but I just couldn't get the courage to. I need help I dunno what to do. I'm having suicidle thoughts and Im crying all the time.

Surely you think that coming out and all that it entails would be better than suicide, if not then please please believe that it is. You should tell your friend I think because you are clearly suffering a lot from holding it in, alternatively try and make a gay friend.

Advertisement