Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Would You Rather See Relegated: Tottenham or Newcastle?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

poindexter wrote: »
    newcastle. you're not a big team and never will be. spend some time down the divisions to realise this
    K4t wrote: »
    One of the biggest teams in the world.
    Iang87 wrote: »
    might not be a big team but they're a massive club.
    really?? would there be many supporters clubs or desire for the geordies around the world, or even outside newcastle??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight. :rolleyes:

Yeah, no worries - anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

poindexter wrote: »
    really?? would there be many supporters clubs or desire for the geordies around the world, or even outside newcastle??
    Here in Galway I know of 2 Newcastle fans which puts them in the same level of support league as the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

I would like to see Newcastle go down(just for a season or two) just so that their fans might begin to have realistic expectations.. huge club alright, but the fans seemed a bit deluded around the whole keegan/allardyce time..

I Like Kinnear and Harry though so i'd kind of like to see both men do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

I would like to see Newcastle go down(just for a season or two) just so that their fans might begin to have realistic expectations.. huge club alright, but the fans seemed a bit deluded around the whole keegan/allardyce time..

Like Kinnear and Harry though so i'd kind of like to see both men do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Close poll!

I went for Newcastle but it was a close decision. Spurs being our (Man Utds!) feeder club helped in the decision ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

To all the Newcastle haters:

You're right, we're just a small club - albeit England's 7th, or 8th behind Chelsea now, most successful - that Kevin Keegan took from near relegation into the 3rd division to genuine title contenders, whilst we built our stadium up to 52k in order to supply the demand for tickets. 52k is still **** because it's not as big as Old Trafford or Arsenal's new stadium.

Sure any little club could qualify for the CL and the latter stages of the Uefa Cup on more than one occasion, or break the world record for one of the 3 best strikers in the world at the time (15 million pounds in the summer of '96 for Shearer). We have no recent silverware and we couldn't even compete in FA Cup finals against Arsenal's double winners and Man Utd's treble winners ffs.

How dare the Toon Army have any expectations. How dare we!!! We should also have no right to be ambitious. The 50K + that turn out for our games deserve to be watching Championship football. Newcastle are probably the only club that has fans who complain when their team is rubbish. Only we, the Toon Army, can sack a manager midway through a season.

We sure as hell won't be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

tbh i wouldnt want to see either go down, and i think its a sh1tty attitude to be hoping any team gets relegated. most on here follow one of the big four so chances are theyll never experience relegation so they couldnt give a flying fcuk but its not something i would hope for a fan to experience.
    ill await the ridicule from all the united and pool fans from the comfort of the top of the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Melion wrote: »
    Newcastle, they offer nothing to the premiership. They need to get relegated to realise they are not a big club, do a total cleanout of the shít and then try and come back up.

If you replaced "Newcastle" with "Spuds" in that reckoning I wouldn't argue with any of your points.

I didn't vote, because I don't want to jinx it.....but I fcukin hate Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

kinaldo wrote: »
    To all the Newcastle haters:

You're right, we're just a small club - albeit England's 7th, or 8th behind Chelsea now, most successful - that Kevin Keegan took from near relegation into the 3rd division to genuine title contenders, whilst we built our stadium up to 52k in order to supply the demand for tickets. 52k is still **** because it's not as big as Old Trafford or Arsenal's new stadium.

Sure any little club could qualify for the CL and the latter stages of the Uefa Cup on more than one occasion, or break the world record for one of the 3 best strikers in the world at the time (15 million pounds in the summer of '96 for Shearer). We have no recent silverware and we couldn't even compete in FA Cup finals against Arsenal's double winners and Man Utd's treble winners ffs.

How dare the Toon Army have any expectations. How dare we!!! We should also have no right to be ambitious. The 50K + that turn out for our games deserve to be watching Championship football. Newcastle are probably the only club that has fans who complain when their team is rubbish. Only we, the Toon Army, can sack a manager midway through a season.

We sure as hell won't be missed.

you can say that again :D

Advertisement