Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Dublin March 13th-29th

• 08-02-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

hey guys,

my girlfriend is on a year abroad in california and will be home for a couple of weeks march 13th - 29th

we're both dubs, both living at home college students

i'm looking for things to do in dublin in these 2 weeks to make it special and memorable for her so any suggestions for the follwing:
      • Courses (cookery etc)
      [*]Hotel deals
      [*]Concerts
      [*]Festivals
      [*]Skyfest
      [*]Restaurants
      [*]Activites (bowling, dancing etc)
      [*]Touristy things that are fun for a dub
      [*]Art galleries
      [*]Sports events

I'd really appreciate any help, the long distance thing is a killer and we've survived this long, i just want to make her coming home extra special because she's away from her boyfriend, family and friends and has been under the weather as well in the U.S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have a car? Besides Paddys Day you could visit Newgrange, Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough. Actually Paddys Day in Belfast could be an experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 csuti

I used to work in many restaurants and everybody recommends the Town bar and grill at the St.Stephens green, but u have to have a reservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭BIRDCAGE1

the open top bus tour around the city, I've been told it very good, I'm a dub aswell and I keep on meaning to do it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Am from Dublin and did the open top bus tour (the Dublin Bus one) with some friends who aren't from Dublin a few years ago. Would certainly recommend it. The ticket lasts 24 hours as far as I know and you can hop on and hop off at all the different stops.

I think I actually enjoyed it more than my friends did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Take her for a meal at the greyhounds or horse racing.

You could fly to London on a day trip, flights are only €10 return including taxes around that time.

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If you have the money for it, book a hotel for a weekend. If you both have to live at home might be a nice treat to get away for a while.

There is a Paddies day festival the weekend before Paddies day, so laods to do in Dublin! Dont forget, she'll wnat quality time with friends and family too ;) Maybe a welcome back party?

Advertisement