Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Arsenal Match Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Why did Modric get booked then? :S

That's what I'm wondering.

Also, did the ref wait to send Eboue off for dramatic effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

As a non-neutral, I'm very happy :) Spurs win this and Arsenal are pretty much screwed.

I'd love to see Keane score, we need him confident for the Ireland game midweek. This is a good chance for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i presume Modric was asking for him to be booked, which is unsporting conduct or whatever its called!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Tom65 wrote: »
    Also, did the ref wait to send Eboue off for dramatic effect?

Don't think he saw it?
    Signal from the linesman maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,129 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Modric booked for diving. Eboue booked for kicking out after the dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads, you can't call players / refs, etc names in this thread. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

****ing Eboue. Up to his usual **** again :mad: :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Christ, just pay him off, cancel his contract and make him a free agent.

He brings nothing, absolutely nothing to our team.

Wenger persists with him but I can't see why you wouldn't play the 16 year old Wilshire instead of Eboue - I mean what exactly does Eboue offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

As a neutral i'm enjoying this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Palacios is playing a stormer, exactly what the Spurs squad needed, some tough tackling and steel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Keane wearing 15 looks odd. Anyone agree ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

PHB wrote: »
    As a non-neutral, I'm very happy :) Spurs win this and Arsenal are pretty much screwed.
    why are you worried about the Arsenal?

also the way they play (or at least try to play) football, they should be everybody's second favourite team, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

gosplan wrote: »
    - I mean what exactly does Eboue offer?
    takes the attention off Adebayor

newbie2 wrote: »

What?

Frisbee wrote: »
    What?
    IMO the 2nd worst player on the team this season

Arsenal go in undeservedly level at the break.
    It's Tottenham's to lose now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

SuprSi wrote: »
    Palacios is playing a stormer, exactly what the Spurs squad needed, some tough tackling and steel.

Yeah him and Jenas winning the midfield battle. Palacios' passing lets him down though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

newbie2 wrote: »

Yeah, the plus side of things

- Eboue suspended :D:D
    - Adebayor out :D:D

(seriously, give the lanky no-touch under-performing git a chance to think how his new well paid season is going)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We're pretty good at doing just that :(

• Advertisement

if tottenham don't beat us today they might as well throw themselves off a bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Arsenal go in undeservedly level at the break.

I've seen so many of these derbies where the same thing could be said only for Arsenal to come out on top in the end. The extra man should definitely help Spurs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fair play to the ref
    great refereeing to spot that kick out by eboue

kinaldo wrote: »
    why are you worried about the Arsenal?

also the way they play (or at least try to play) football, they should be everybody's second favourite team, imo

Personally I much prefer Villa's style of football, quite similar to United's. Also I really have grown to be not too fond of a lot of the Arsenal players.

That said, the reason I'm worried about them is because Wenger is a ****ing amazing manager. It would not surprise me at all, at all, that when Cesc comes back, that they win every single game until the end of the season. Wenger is a manager who can put together those types of runs, so the less points they have the better. You really can't ever write him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yeesh... glad i wasn't able to watch the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah, the plus side of things

- Eboue suspended :D:D
    - Adebayor out :D:D

(seriously, give the lanky no-touch under-performing git a chance to think how his new well paid season is going)

shhh! you cant say anything bad about anyone or big boss man Lloyd will say something in bold font.

and... adebayor is quality. his records speaks for itself. maybe not on form of late, but certainly not a bad player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Unreal. I just don't get it. How could a professional footballer be so redicilously stupid? Pay out the contract and let him go...

I wouldn't mind, for the first time in a long time he looked as a decent option on the wing. He was involved in attacks, got into the box, got some shots away...

First time I've ever heard Andy Gray talk sense.
    Wenger should fine Eboue two weeks wages

IMO that hand to the back was an instant sending off:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

ditpoker wrote: »
    shhh! you cant say anything bad about anyone or big boss man Lloyd will say something in bold font.

and... adebayor is quality. his records speaks for itself. maybe not on form of late, but certainly not a bad player.

If you continue to behave the way that you are dit you will soon find that you will not be able to view the words in bold font.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

eboue padding modrics back saying hard luck etc then turns around to a sending off

priceless:pac:

nice try by eboue thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What was Eboue doing, seriously??

Arshavin and Eduardo still available to come on though, those two will give Arsenal a great chance of going on a decent run of games although they might have to settle for a draw here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

PHB wrote: »
    That said, the reason I'm worried about them is because Wenger is a ****ing amazing manager. It would not surprise me at all, at all, that when Cesc comes back, that they win every single game until the end of the season. Wenger is a manager who can put together those types of runs, so the less points they have the better. You really can't ever write him off.

I would have agreed with you 100% a couple of seasons ago but they/he seems to have lost and 'edge',I am not sure what it is but its gone.I don't think they are capable of going on runs like that now,the emirates has lost a invincibility factor even for mediocre teams everybody feels they can get a result there.

Headshot wrote: »
    eboue padding modrics back saying hard luck etc then turns around to a sending off

priceless:pac:
    slowroll FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

On the plus side. That could be the last time we see Eboue play right midfield for a good while:pac: Funny, the one time he actually plays sorta decently he acts the complete idiot abnd gets sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

ditpoker wrote: »
    adebayor is quality. his records speaks for itself. maybe not on form of late, but certainly not a bad player.

To be fair, he is the most wasteful striker I've ever seen in my life to get 30 goals in one season.

Adebayor is a good player. Good, not great.
    Anyone could score 30 goals in a season with the players we had creating them for him last season.

Hell I could score 10+ goals a season if I had Fab, Rosicky, Hleb and RVP setting them up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well imo Spurs were the better team in that half, and now with eleven against ten they should go on to win it.

A lot of good performances from Spurs players, although Corluka looks a liablility sometimes. Trying to let the ball run out, and a couple of minutes later Lennon managed to get the ball and just as well for Spurs as Corluka had fallen over all by himself lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

eZe^ wrote: »
    To be fair, he is the most wasteful striker I've ever seen in my life to get 30 goals in one season.

andy cole?? (who was also great)

If you continue to behave the way that you are dit you will soon find that you will not be able to view the words in bold font.

Might be worth noting Lloyd and Ditpoker are very good friends. Liking the jack boot post though:D:D (only messing, sorry)

As for Eboue; that is the absolute most idiotic red card I have ever seen a professional footballer get. He absolute deserved it but he got 2 yellow cards for nothing more than his own idiocy. Tottenham have just got to win this game now.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I would have agreed with you 100% a couple of seasons ago but they/he seems to have lost and 'edge',I am not sure what it is but its gone.I don't think they are capable of going on runs like that now,the emirates has lost a invincibility factor even for mediocre teams everybody feels they can get a result there.

The start of last season they showed they still have it. They just need to spark into life at some point. There's no doubt their are weaknesses in their squad, central midfield is shockingly weak, which is terrible considering they probably have the best young midfielder in the world playing for them.

But with Cesc back, Eduardo who offers a different threat, and Arshavin who has some much needed pace, I still fear them. Hopefully the league is beyond them now, but if they drop out of 4th, I'll be very happy, because I really do see them as a genuine threat for next year even, while aside from Chelsea, the other teams just don't scare me as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Fcukin sick of Eboue and his sh1t. Remember when van Persie stupidly got sent off at Southampton a few years ago, and Wenger dropped him for a good while, it'll be interesting to see what he does with Eboue now. I personally think that should be his last chance. I hope he is only playing these days out of necessity as we don't have any other fit options, but seriously I hope that's the last time we see of him.

Hopefully we can put it up to them this half, and show the true Arsenal way. Still optimistic of getting something out of this game...

Adebayor is a good player. Good, not great.
    Anyone could score 30 goals in a season with the players we had creating them for him last season.

Hell I could score 10+ goals a season if I had Fab, Rosicky, Hleb and RVP setting them up for me.

Ya, I never said he was bad, he is a striker who has alot more than goals to his game. He is extremely wasteful infront of goal though...

Riley is an absolute jackass. His "look at me" attitude and the head shake when he came out of the dugout reminded me of one of my 4 year old cousins trying to be cool in the presence of a teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I have to say, this is the best Spurs performance I've seen all season. Palacios, Keane and Cudicini all look to be inspired signings.

As for Arsenal, they're rapidly becoming awful to watch.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I hope he is only playing these days out of necessity as we don't have any other fit options, but seriously I hope that's the last time we see of him.

Wenger seems to like temperamental players so I wouldn't bank on it but if he had decent options I'd just show Eboue the door. He hasn't been worth the hassle he brings for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pav gets into a great position and scoops it high and wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

As for Arsenal, they're rapidly becoming awful to watch.

In fairness we're missing three of our most creative players. Wait till they come back, and if we're still playing like we are then, then you might find that you've a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jesus, that should have been a goal there. Pav did well to get in the box but then just looked at his feet instead of up to pass...

This has really put us in a bad situation.

If Wenger planned on playing Arshavin or Eddy I don't think he'll risk it now.
    Down to ten men, both lacking match fitness. Recipe for a pulled hammie.

Eduardo would be the better option imo, has a few reserve team games under his belt.

Amazing to think that Arsenals midfield was Hleb, Flamini, Rosicky, Cesc and Gilberto last season, and now they are playing Denilson and Song there. :p

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Amazing to think that Arsenals midfield was Hleb, Flamini, Rosicky, Cesc and Gilberto last season, and now they are playing Denilson and Song there. :p

:(

Advertisement