Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Arsenal Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Spurs would have won that game if they had Carrick in their midfield, shocking lack of creativity through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fergie will be laughing his cacks off at this display.

wtf :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What a thing to say Iago. Arsenal would have won that game if they had Pires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I am surprised Fergie has any cack's left the amount of times some clown say's that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Spurs are pretty bad in fairness, although Palacios looked very good.

Arsenal are leaving themselves under pressure for a top 4 finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Frisbee wrote: »
    Why?
    Arsenal are no threat to the title
    If Fab leaves this Summer, they won't be a threat next season either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If Fab leaves this Summer, they won't be a threat next season either.

Fab won't leave this summer, I reckon we'll get another two seasons out of him at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Positives and negatives for both teams I think:

Spurs:

- will be annoyed that they couldn't win against 10 men and will rue a lot of wasted possession and chances;
    - should be delighted with Palacios, Keane, Cuidicini - they are too good to go down. Moreover, they have all the pieces in place to be a very good team for next season;

Arsenal:

- worrying lack of discipline and abundance of immaturity rears it's ugly head again;
    - yet for a team that gets slated for a lack of heart and toughness - for the second time this year they have demonstrated a willingness to roll the sleeves up and kill a game when they are down to 10 men;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fab won't leave this summer, I reckon we'll get another two seasons out of him at least

He'll wait until Xavi gets a little older before he moves. Another 2 seasons I'd say alright. More if Arsenal start to win things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

When's the DVD out?

He'll wait until Xavi gets a little older before he moves. Another 2 seasons I'd say alright. More if Arsenal start to win things.

Aye that's my reasoning aswell.

Just on Lloyd's point about pros and cons.

A pro for Arsenal surely must be that we now have only conceded 3 goals in the 540 minutes of football we've played in Januray.

Indie18 wrote: »
    Awful Game.

I've seen a lot worse.

I'd bet my net worth that he wasn't watching it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not a bad resulting considering. Villa play Chelsea next week so there's an opportunity to close the gap immediately.

Eboue shouldn't ever play for Arsenal again, especially now that we have Arshavin.

On the match. I thought Gallas Almunia and Song(in the second half) were excellent today.

Good to see that the team is getting more solid defensively at least. Now with Arshavin, and Theo etc. returning, they should be looking to get the creativity and goals back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep Villa v Chelsea is a big game.

Next 3 league games
    Arsenal have Sunderland (H), Fulham (H) and West Brom (A) hard to see them not getting 9 points

Villa have Chelsea (H), Stoke (H) and Man City (A)

Chelsea have Villa (A), Wigan (H) and Portsmouth (A)

Then Villa have Utd, Pool and Everton on the trot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fulham away could be tricky enough. And 0-0 is always a possibility at home against the smaller teams as all they ever do is park the bus.

That Fulham game is at the Emirates. We lost earlier in the season at Craven Cottage. 9 points is a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A few excellent performances for Spurs. Palacios was excellent and Lennon worked very hard the whole game. I was impressed with Ekotu as well, he played very well today.
    They deserved the win though, Pavlyuchenko is so classy if he could be more consistent in front of goal he would be a superstar.

• Advertisement

We play West Brom away.

eagle eye wrote: »
    They deserved the win though, Pavlyuchenko is so classy if he could be more consistent in front of goal he would be a superstar.

On their first half performance they deserved the win.
    Arsenal were the better team in the Second Half.

Spurs should have won, but a draw was a fair result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wasn't the best game.

Spurs have a lot of players who are pure sh1te. Chimbonda's terrible. Likewise Arsenal, don't know how Bendter is still there.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Spurs have a lot of players who are pure sh1te. Chimbonda's terrible. Likewise Arsenal, don't know how Bendter is still there.

Bendtner was very good today in the last 25 minutes or so I thought.

They have told me that he has retaliated, if he has retaliated then he deserves a yellow and a red card. It doesn’t matter who saw it. If someone saw it for real then he deserves to be sent off.

Good to see that Wenger isn't going to try and defend Eboue on this.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-tottenham-reaction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

playa3 wrote: »
    When's the DVD out?

That one is still as funny as the first time it was posted, despite being about the 16th time I've seen it. No, really...
    On their first half performance they deserved the win.
    Arsenal were the better team in the Second Half.

Spurs should have won, but a draw was a fair result

My take on the game as well, thought Redknapp was a bit scraed of coming away with nothing rather than making a few changes to try and get all 3.

Palacios was immense, MOTM by a country mile. Lennon was also a handful.

Both our full backs were poor.

Modric simply cannot be played on the left again, we had most of our offensive play forced on to the right because him and BAE had no understanding of what the other was likely to do.

Keane tried too hard, and himslf and Pavlyuchenko will need to develop an understanding quickly.

I thought our movement was lacking at times as well.

I'm disappointed with the point tbh, the 3 points were there for the taking follwoing the sending off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ya know what, feck off Arsene Wenger

"i didnt see the second one" referring to Eboues flick out.

what a complete load of nonsense

Trilla wrote: »
    ya know what, feck off Arsene Wenger

"i didnt see the second one" referring to Eboues flick out.

what a complete load of nonsense

In fairness, no one saw it until a good few minutes after it happened because they failed to show a replay. And did you miss the part where he said if he retaliated he definitely should have been sent off?

Advertisement