Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easist way to secure a Linksys WRT54G

Options
  • 08-02-2009 2:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I first set this router up on my network I had loads of problems with my flatmates vista laptop - so much so that when I eventually got it to work ok consistently, i did not want to change anything in case it stopped working. again. So I left the network unsecure.

Now I think its time I secured it. I'm wondering can someone tell me the easiest way of securing it. I just want it to ask me for a key so I can put in a long number / password and that will be it.

Can anyone tell me how I do this please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zascar wrote: »
    When I first set this router up on my network I had loads of problems with my flatmates vista laptop - so much so that when I eventually got it to work ok consistently, i did not want to change anything in case it stopped working. again. So I left the network unsecure.

Now I think its time I secured it. I'm wondering can someone tell me the easiest way of securing it. I just want it to ask me for a key so I can put in a long number / password and that will be it.

Can anyone tell me how I do this please?
    Thanks

Turn on WPA encryption, WPA2 preferably if available, with AES, rather than TKIP. Use a good long random, not dictionary password.

Advertisement