Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supervalue, 1/2 price Sirloin, free onions and mushrooms

• 08-02-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. Source: Sunday world.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

thank for this, picked up loads of it today. also if you buy the steak you also get a free bag of onions and a carton of mushrooms with every purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Excellent offer!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What price(s) is the steak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

snubbleste wrote: »
    What price(s) is the steak?

half price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Bought 8 of them there. Steaks will serve about 3 people each and cost on average about 3.20.

Steak diane with onions all week long. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It's reduced from €16.09/kg to €8.04/kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

There's no mention of it on the SuperValu website though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yes there is. Wait for the banner at the top to change.

It rotates between a couple of adverts - half price steak, price promise and some towel offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

mick_irl wrote: »
    Yes there is. Wait for the banner at the top to change.

It rotates between a couple of adverts.

That's great thanks, gonna drive over to ChurchTown later and pick some up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Sold out in all stores now unfortunately...

mwahahaha, fools, more for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

got free potatoes with it too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

Yeah i got this, bear in mind the mushrooms with the offer are very low quality, and the steak i got was far from sirloin which it said it was, tastes nothing like the sirloin i would get from my butchers, the onions were ok.
    Notice as well how you can only get the steak prepacked, its usually thw worst steak they prepack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

mick_irl wrote: »
    ...and some towel offer.

Wait...wait...wait...wait....wait. There was a towel offer and I wasn't informed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Yeah i got this, bear in mind the mushrooms with the offer are very low quality, and the steak i got was far from sirloin which it said it was, tastes nothing like the sirloin i would get from my butchers, the onions were ok.
    Notice as well how you can only get the steak prepacked, its usually thw worst steak they prepack.

I got it from behind the butches counter no bother, there was even a sign up at the fridge section saying also available at the butchers counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Thanks OP! Bought 3 and the little icebox in my fridge is now stuffed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Thanks OP, had steak for dindins last night - Bit fatty and the mushies weren't great; but 3 steaks, 3 bags of onions, and 3 cartons of mushrooms for €13 is ok by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

consultech wrote: »
    Thanks OP, had steak for dindins last night - Bit fatty and the mushies weren't great; but 3 steaks, 3 bags of onions, and 3 cartons of mushrooms for €13 is ok by me.

there was quite a variance in the quality of the meat so I picked the leanest looking I could see. Planning on using for a stew anyways so it won't really matter to me.

they also had an ad for a 5 euro brekkie (eggs, rashers, sausages and waffles) inside the door but no sign in the aston quay branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shamboo

I got the steak yesterday in super valu in wicklow but they had a notice up saying due to stocking issues they had no free onions and mushrooms. If I go back for more steak today amd I entitled to 2 packets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Fair dues to Supervalu for these offers. Plenty of other offers in store too. Any heads up on what their next "buy ****** and get ***** and ***** free offer" will be (if they do another one that is). I'm thinking half price rack of lamb get peas and potatoes free would be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

sweetie wrote: »
    there was quite a variance in the quality of the meat so I picked the leanest looking I could see. Planning on using for a stew anyways so it won't really matter to me.

they also had an ad for a 5 euro brekkie (eggs, rashers, sausages and waffles) inside the door but no sign in the aston quay branch

Bit of a waste of sirloin. You need fatty rib steak for a stew. It has the most flavour.

Great deal it has to be said. 3 euro per steak (enough for 2 big dinners:D) which alone is good value and get the veg free. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

sweetie wrote: »

i got ½lb shaws sausages for €1 and a packet of galtee hickory rashers for €2 in supervalu today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Got the offer today, the onions must be old stock half the bag was rotten, but still a good deal.(Can;t really return them when they were free.

And the steak tasted beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I fashioned a fine pair of brogues from the Supervalue steak. I attempted to eat the stuff, but couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

it took me a while to find two peices that looked edible and i was pretty lucky because the shelves were only after being restocked. they didn't turn out too bad either.

there were some cuts there that looked like something out of a horror film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'd say the meat from the counter was nicer than the pre-pack!

The onions stung my eyes for an hour last night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

jister wrote: »
    Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. Source: Sunday world.

Still on offer today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

My steak tasted better than I expected as some of the sirloin steaks I've bought in supermarkets have been terrible. Onions and mushrooms were fine. Thanks OP for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

i work in the butcher counter and almost sell out everyday , we have to get more every morning ,

last week we werent prepared and sold out in a day(with the half price chicken order)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Glad ye all stuffed ye're faces with steak:D Pity I never got there.

Is it possible to create sticky threads with all the current offers in the supermarkets, Dunnes, tesco, supervalue etc. Once offers expire they get deleted?

I reckon as the recession gets deeper there will be more of these feed a family for €x deals etc.

• Advertisement

jister wrote: »
    I reckon as the recession gets deeper there will be more of these feed a family for €x deals etc.

Isnt it brilliant!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

there was still a load of these still in ashbourne SV last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    And the steak tasted beautiful.

Yup, sure did, heard its Bacon&Cabbage next week

bogman wrote: »
    Yup, sure did, heard its Bacon&Cabbage next week

They did a breakfast for €5 for the rest of the week and Bacon and Cabbage this week?? Good stuff Super Valu - keep them coming!!

Advertisement