Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone announcement tomorrow.

• 08-02-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

According to the O2 iPhone forum there will be some changes announced tomorrow for iPhone customers - no details as yet but better value price plans would be at the top of the wishlist - also rumours of Visual Voicemail cropping up. Personally I hope it's got something to do with the crazy data roaming charges.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Been on the cards for a while, wasn't aware a date had been set for announcement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I wonder if the tariffs are coming down in advance of the new model rumoured to be coming out around June/July?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Please let it be data roaming .. but I fear that's not iPhone specific enough an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

eamon234 wrote: »
    rumours of Visual Voicemail cropping up.

Official word on the forum is that VV has been "shelved" for this year, so I doubt it will be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

It will be a drop in price. They have a ton of these phones left, in the UK at least and need to shift them before june/july and the new iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It will be a drop in price. They have a ton of these phones left, in the UK at least and need to shift them before june/july and the new iphone.

What do we think will be on the new iphone?

I don't have much faith in O2 suddenly giving better value for money, or Apple adding all the feature it should have had in the first place.

BostonB wrote: »
    What do we think will be on the new iphone?

I don't have much faith in O2 suddenly giving better value for money, or Apple adding all the feature it should have had in the first place.

I would imagine COPY/PASTE and PUSH email will be on it, a better camera, bigger/faster processor, maybe the same one that is in the ipod touch.

I really hope by the time Apple tell the world of this phone, with the audience clapping like crazy when they talk about copy/paste and how its a massive break through, I really hope I can look on, with a Palm Pre in my hand.

I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little bit more of me dies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Just a tad over dramatic.
    I would imagine COPY/PASTE and PUSH email will be on it, a better camera, bigger/faster processor, maybe the same one that is in the ipod touch.

I really hope by the time Apple tell the world of this phone, with the audience clapping like crazy when they talk about copy/paste and how its a massive break through, I really hope I can look on, with a Palm Pre in my hand.

I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little but more of me dies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little but more of me dies!

Gob$hite! Just don't buy their products FFS.

You'd swear they were poisoning children or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭golfguy

apple is great i wish i got a mac book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not seeing much info on the new iphone on the interweb, only romours of a cheaper version.....can't see how they could go backwards with specifications.....

10mp camera would be nice.....:rolleyes:

Hope 02 drop the tarrifs down to 12mts and increace the any network minutes...if they do they might even bring me back:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Not seeing much info on the new iphone on the interweb, only romours of a cheaper version.....can't see how they could go backwards with specifications.....

10mp camera would be nice.....:rolleyes:

Hope 02 drop the tarrifs down to 12mts and increace the any network minutes...if they do they might even bring me back:)

You won't find anything other than rumours up until it's released as with all Apple products they launch them when they release them so anything you read up until then is pure rumour, but i'd say it's 90% positive there'll be a new (higher spec) iPhone in June.

Victor_M wrote: »
    Gob$hite! Just don't buy their products FFS.

You'd swear they were poisoning children or something.

My point about a lot of apple users summed up in one post there.

Its funny how people feel the need to call others a "Gob$hite!" because they insult a product, an inanimate object, a toy if it really comes down to it.

Please direct your anger towards the people who are robbing you blind, your government and banks, even your local supermarket, assuming you live in Ireland. I have offered a point of view, nothing else and you get this angry.....wake up and defend something worth defending. Your iphone will not keep you warm at night or put food on your table.

Dont go around defending a corporation who could not care less if you live or die.

Ah fanboys........the internet would be a dull old place without them.

My point about a lot of apple users summed up in one post there.

Its funny how people feel the need to call others a "Gob$hite!" because they insult a product, an inanimate object, a toy if it really comes down to it.

Please direct your anger towards the people who are robbing you blind, your government and banks, even your local supermarket, assuming you live in Ireland. I have offered a point of view, nothing else and you get this angry.....wake up and defend something worth defending. Your iphone will not keep you warm at night or put food on your table.

Dont go around defending a corporation who could not care less if you live or die.

Ah fanboys........the internet would be a dull old place without them.

This actually has nothing to do with the brand apple or the product iPhone, more to do with the fact that you are clearly a goon,

to quote yourself "and each passing day I keep the iphone a little but more of me dies!"

Does all a favour and hang onto it a bit longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

It will be an O2 announcement. If that helps the romourmill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

It's Visual Voicemail

Skyuser wrote: »
    It's Visual Voicemail

Is that like 3's video mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

It's Visual Voicemail

o2 has already said that visual voicemail has been shelved for 2009. See http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=37646&postcount=29
    Is that like 3's video mail?

Not quite. Its audio voicemail but it shows the messages in a list on the iphone so you don't have to listen to every message in sequence. You can listen to what voicemails you want.

This youtube video shows what it looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqnhm8yfTqM

Not quite. Its audio voicemail but it shows the messages in a list on the iphone so you don't have to listen to every message in sequence. You can listen to what voicemails you want.

I know what you mean now, I'm wating for this to launch, should be along shortly, iphone not required..

http://www.ribbit.com/everyday/tour/enhanced_visual_voicemail.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's Visual Voicemail

Is that it?

Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is that it?

Yawn.

No its not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

This will be specifically for existing O2 iPhone users so I reckon it will be a tariff shuffle and hopefully decent data roaming charges. Possibly tethering maybe?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is that it?

Yawn.

They are also announcing a cure for cancer! You happy now?

Victor_M wrote: »
    This actually has nothing to do with the brand apple or the product iPhone, more to do with the fact that you are clearly a goon,

to quote yourself "and each passing day I keep the iphone a little but more of me dies!"

Does all a favour and hang onto it a bit longer!

Yep, keep directing your anger at me while your government prepares to use your money to bail out banks, banks that will then lend it back to you at interest and charge you if you have the misfortune to go overdrawn.......most lightly the result of purchasing an over priced apple product.

Back in topic......

Lads, keep the personal abuse off the thread and away from the forum. Keep on topic.
    Victor_M infracted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Announcement not happening today after all - hopefully tomorrow.:mad:

Mods, I think we need to start an Anger Management thread:D

eamon234 wrote: »

Mods, I think we need to start an Anger Management thread:D

+1

Mobiles &PDAs should have it's own little section over in the Thunderdome.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little bit more of me dies!

Mods to be fair, that is a sweeping insult. What was his point? I'm not surprised it provoked a reaction.

then he goes wildly off topic
    Please direct your anger towards the people who are robbing you blind, your government and banks, even your local supermarket,
    Yep, keep directing your anger at me while your government prepares to use your money to bail out banks, banks that will then lend it back to you at interest and charge you if you have the misfortune to go overdrawn.......most lightly the result of purchasing an over priced apple product.

Back in topic......

Back on topic ??? Is he having a laugh! He's the one bringing up the government, banks, supermarkets.

RandomAccess infracted. Stay on topic as per my previous post. Report a post if you have a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭golfguy

i say this was not real in the frist place

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement