Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone announcement tomorrow.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Daryll, I know that you don't necessarily want to give away what O2 are announcing, but is there any chance you could at least give us a hint as to when you're going to announce it ?

The speculation's getting completely out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Solair wrote: »
    Daryll, I know that you don't necessarily want to give away what O2 are announcing, but is there any chance you could at least give us a hint as to when you're going to announce it ?

The speculation's getting completely out of hand.

In fairness to Daryll, I think he'd love to spill the beans... even with an ETA of an announcement ,but if he hasn't done it on the o2 forum I doubt he'll do it here (especially since it was him who blabbed there was something coming in the first place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

hey Daryll.
    Were you ever in bratislava?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Its funny how people feel the need to call others a "Gob$hite!" because they insult a product, an inanimate object, a toy if it really comes down to it.
    I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little bit more of me dies!

How about if they blanket-insult a group of people? I think gobshite was more than fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Baza210 wrote: »
    How about if they blanket-insult a group of people? I think gobshite was more than fair.

Originally Posted by godskitchen
    I hate Apple and everything they stand for, I hate the users of apple even more, and each passing day I keep the iphone a little bit more of me dies!

I am including myself in that blanket insult, how does that work?

There are far more pressing matters to be concerning yourself with than my views on a group of people you choose to include yourself with. What does it matter what I think and what business is it of yours. Carry on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I really hope you hang onto that iPhone a bit longer then, your nonsensical ranting may eventually come to a halt.

Seriously - I hope you realise how, ahem, i'd better be careful what I say here in case you tell on me again, you come across by denouncing the most evil of brands and all who posses them, yet you have one yourself! just go away please!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I am including myself in that blanket insult, how does that work?

This is the most mental statement i have read all week. Surely you hate the diners of McDonalds more?

Victor_M wrote: »
    I really hope you hang onto that iPhone a bit longer then, your nonsensical ranting may eventually come to a halt.

Seriously - I hope you realise how, ahem, i'd better be careful what I say here in case you tell on me again, you come across by denouncing the most evil of brands and all who posses them, yet you have one yourself! just go away please!

You will have to explain how this is the case, or are you just using words you do not fully understand the meaning of?

I do not understand the "tell on me again" part.

What ever way you look at it though, you really should concentrate on other things going on in your life and in the news right now.

So you think someone had a go at a "brand" or a group of users of the "brand" and you get your knickers in a twist......

Think about that for a minute........Can you imagine Michael Collins fighting for the honor of Apple users...........Can you imagine Nelson Mandela sitting in jail for years on end just because someone said they do not like the iphone.......

I might be taking the example to the extreme here but it is to illustrate a point. If you stand up for the real things that will/are going to harm you, then I will let you come back and deal with me.

faceman wrote: »
    This is the most mental statement i have read all week. Surely you hate the diners of McDonalds more?

I did not state that I hate Apple users any more than any other group.....the truth is I do not have much time for any member of the public, preservative full burger eating/over priced shiny electronics consumer. Its all the same to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

You will have to explain how this is the case, or are you just using words you do not fully understand the meaning of?

I do not understand the "tell on me again" part.

What ever way you look at it though, you really should concentrate on other things going on in your life and in the news right now.

So you think someone had a go at a "brand" or a group of users of the "brand" and you get your knickers in a twist......

Think about that for a minute........Can you imagine Michael Collins fighting for the honor of Apple users...........Can you imagine Nelson Mandela sitting in jail for years on end just because someone said they do not like the iphone.......

I might be taking the example to the extreme here but it is to illustrate a point. If you stand up for the real things that will/are going to harm you, then I will let you come back and deal with me.

:rolleyes:I give up! You are clearly retarded.

• Advertisement

A buddy of mine is trying to decide whether to go for a Vodafone Blackberry Storm or an O2 iPhone.

I have told them to hold off until this announcement is made, as the tarrifs on O2 might actually be attractive.. who knows!

But, basically if the announcement isn't made by Monday/Tuesday at the latest, they will be going with Vodafone.

I don't really understand why O2 is dragging this announcement out. I know that Daryll would love to let us all in on the secret and I am not in any way giving out to him, but there is 'suspense' and there is 'being annoying'.

Frankly, the scenic in me is starting to suspect that this is a very deliberate leak by the O2 PR department aimed to whip up maximum board coverage of their brand across the internet i.e. viral marketing.

If so, it won't work twice as nobody will believe you next time something like this is leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I too am now holding off on my iPhone decision until this announcement is made. :)

Not that I think it'll be anything groundbreaking, but I'm not going to sign myself into an 18-month contract if I can save an extra €10 a month by waiting a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Solair wrote: »
    A buddy of mine is trying to decide whether to go for a Vodafone Blackberry Storm or an O2 iPhone.

I have told them to hold off until this announcement is made, as the tarrifs on O2 might actually be attractive.. who knows!

But, basically if the announcement isn't made by Monday/Tuesday at the latest, they will be going with Vodafone.

I don't really understand why O2 is dragging this announcement out. I know that Daryll would love to let us all in on the secret and I am not in any way giving out to him, but there is 'suspense' and there is 'being annoying'.

Frankly, the scenic in me is starting to suspect that this is a very deliberate leak by the O2 PR department aimed to whip up maximum board coverage of their brand across the internet i.e. viral marketing.

If so, it won't work twice as nobody will believe you next time something like this is leaked.

Called for a bining a few pages back. Or even a lock till the news breaks ?

it's wasting people's time,

And I know I don't have to keep reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

seamus wrote: »
    I too am now holding off on my iPhone decision until this announcement is made. :)

Not that I think it'll be anything groundbreaking, but I'm not going to sign myself into an 18-month contract if I can save an extra €10 a month by waiting a week.

No doubt it will be something not great, but not completely useless. I can't imagine anything major will be announced that will wow us all. I mean, it is O2 after all ;)

long_b wrote: »
    Called for a bining a few pages back. Or even a lock till the news breaks ?

it's wasting people's time,

And I know I don't have to keep reading it.

I'd tend to agree. It's a ridiculous thread, and I strongly suspect it's being driven by a corporate communications / PR notion that they can get lots of online mentions!

I think O2 need to either put-up or have this thread shut-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

This thread is borderline shilling, TBH. Really, if O2 want to advertise on Boards, they should pay for it. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement