Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week!

Options
  • 08-02-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

Serious drinking to be done.

What events are yis all going to?

So far I have no tickets but I'm hoping to go out on Monday and Thursday :P

Gonna buy three litres of Jack Daniels either tonight or tomorrow. I'll be attending my labratory classes.... drunk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Basshunter on thursday night!? I dont think so! what a load of ****e!

just heading to the wedding on wednesday myself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i fecked off home to the west side of the isle, cant afford to go boozing, and couldnt be arsed goinig in for da week looking at lecurers who will just say "we will go over it all again next week anyways" or something to that effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Going to the BLT Ball, The Coronas and the morning part of the wedding. Should do me rightly.

papagormo wrote: »
    i fecked off home to the west side of the isle, cant afford to go boozing, and couldnt be arsed goinig in for da week looking at lecurers who will just say "we will go over it all again next week anyways" or something to that effect!

i wouldn't say you'd be the only one doing that :D
    im...LOST wrote: »
    Going to the BLT Ball, The Coronas and the morning part of the wedding. Should do me rightly.

The BLT ball is on in Amber on monday isn't it? Make sure your drunk before you get in there cos ya wont be able to move in there let alone get near a bar!!

Just going to the morning part of the wedding myself (Fiddlers) cos the evening part is usually just a fizzle out of boredom after the craic of the day time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

draffodx wrote: »
    Basshunter on thursday night!? I dont think so! what a load of ****e!

just heading to the wedding on wednesday myself

I thought the wedding and the BLT were both Wednesday?

And yeah Basshunter, sucks balls. But I still want ta go out on Thursday.

John Gibbons on Monday, should be good. He's always good live, I've seen him a zillion times though...
    im...LOST wrote: »

Ah The Corona's, I'd like to go to that all right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

http://dkitsu.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:rag-week-2009&catid=42:rag-week&Itemid=67

Right, I reckon I'll go out on Wednesday and Thursday. Not gonna go to the BLT.

But I'll still head to a pub on Monday, definitely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

The Coronas are awful!

FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Aikon2009

have to agree on Basshunter what were they thinking:eek: but most of the stuff was organised by an event mgmt company in dublin
    so Luke cant even organised a piss up:p

Aikon2009 wrote: »
    have to agree on Basshunter what were they thinking:eek: but most of the stuff was organised by an event mgmt company in dublin
    so Luke cant even organised a piss up:p

Really? how do you know?

Have to say when I was in college first time around (2002) the college balls and Rag week were far superior, I mean silence on a wednesday night? and then silence again on a thursday night!? Really!?

Yes so am told n its from a good source because there providing something for RAG week and they have been dealing with both Luke n this event mgmt company. Also know why silence is the venue for everything because Luke had a falling out with sumone thats why al d balls have been there this year apart from Freshers.

Maybe next year something diff with new prez! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Aikon2009 wrote: »
    Yes so am told n its from a good source because there providing something for RAG week and they have been dealing with both Luke n this event mgmt company. Also know why silence is the venue for everything because Luke had a falling out with sumone thats why al d balls have been there this year apart from Freshers.

Maybe next year something diff with new prez! :rolleyes:

Isn't it the vice president thats meant to take care of all the entertainment though?

Was thinking about running for vice president myself, have loads of great ideas and wouldn't sell out to the local pubs and clubs either

I've been here 4 years on the trot now and the social events organised were nothing to write home about!

i'd vote for u:p
    what everyone thing of tue/wed?
    Any body hear any rumours about doggy drink in Brubakers Tuesday night:confused:

Was only at the day part Wednesday, wasn't great, I was glad to get out of there to be honest, didn't bother goin to the night part because I hate silence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I think Luke is a pretty good student President, and a really nice lad.

I was out Monday in Connollys playing pool, and then headed to Amber, my mate didnt get in because he had a crutch, even though we said we could leave it outside. I might head out tonight, still deciding. Ive been in most classes this week too. ****ing weirdo.

I think Luke is a pretty good student President, and a really nice lad.

He is yes, in all aspects bar student entertainment (which I actually think is the vice presidents job) he has been extremely good, is easy to get in contact with and is very helpful whenever you need something or information and he is a huge huge improvement on the last SU president.

I have to say that he is very good and only needs to improve the entertainment side of things which in reality isn't really that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Will be running myself for the position next year myself and another lad in the bar Chris thinking of doing a tag team.

Already i organised the business party this year which near out did any college ball we had :)

Watch out for the pro evo competition coming up in the bar shortly.

Great nights crack promised.

I think Luke and Subhash are really top blokes but i think entertainment wise the over kill was silence this year DEFO !!

I mean the money shouldn't of been spent on the coronas , Saw doctors / Wolfe tones would of been perfect for rag week.

Bass Hunter , again money better spent on other forms of entertainment.

Again i think Luke and Subhash are top blokes and do a great job but entertainment could of been better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Sign me up for Prevo right now.

Sarge wrote: »
    Will be running myself for the position next year myself and another lad in the bar Chris thinking of doing a tag team.

Already i organised the business party this year which near out did any college ball we had :)

Watch out for the pro evo competition coming up in the bar shortly.

Great nights crack promised.

I think Luke and Subhash are really top blokes but i think entertainment wise the over kill was silence this year DEFO !!

I mean the money shouldn't of been spent on the coronas , Saw doctors / Wolfe tones would of been perfect for rag week.

Bass Hunter , again money better spent on other forms of entertainment.

Again i think Luke and Subhash are top blokes and do a great job but entertainment could of been better.

If you do get in make sure you get the wedding on in Newry, best spot to ever have had the wedding on! Or at least some nights out in Newry, its some spot!

The wedding this year was pathetic in my opinion, wasn't worth going to in the end and what is with silence not letting people in without there college id even if they have a ball ticket?

Which version of pro evo you playing? Ps2(2008) and I'm there :D

Whats the entry fee and prize?

And I somewhat agree with you about the coronas but I actually think it was a good idea executed badly, there's loads of better bands out there for the same price, fight like apes, etc..

The college needs a proper band at Rag week not the usual cover band drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

heh it will be 2010 when i run mate , go next year draft up some ideas and that and throw them up for us to have a looksie.

Sarge wrote: »
    heh it will be 2010 when i run mate , go next year draft up some ideas and that and throw them up for us to have a looksie.

ah i misread your post thought you meant next september!

I've been offered a chance to do my masters in a nice area so I'm looking into that, its more important to me than running for SU president :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement