Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arena Court

Options
  • 08-02-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I popped into the showrooms at Arena Court today. Advertised the 2 bedrooms from €210k only to be told that one was sold and the cheapest was €229k. The lighting was excellent in the outward-facing apartment, it had 64 sq metres size. They claimed the contents amounted to €15k---eh yeah right. Kitchen appliances come for free which is nice.

But the price seems hefty. Maintenance fees are €1300 per year. What do you guys and gals think?

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=379717

(Listed as €220k upwards but the paperwork given to me listed €210k+ for 2 bedroom)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

does it have to be tallaght? you can get a 2 bed in ongar, d15 for less than 200k and its got the train shops etc if thats what you want.

2 bed house balbriggan 190k.....train shops etc

2 bed apt main road tallaght 149k

i'd say anything is more expensive now than it will be in 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

210K Seems fair value.. . .. are you going to live in it ?

If you have the option of digging your heals in I would.

Ask the question ... ''are you open to offers?'' . . . Make a ridiculously small offer to assess their willingness to engage,,,, do NOT let them know you are interested, but give them the impression that you would consider a purchase for the right price.

As or the 210K you saw advertised . . . This IS the real price ... The 229K Is he price they are chancing their arm with, , , Every one knows to negatiate at the moment and they have created this false price for that reason.

My advice . .. offer 202K . . . They will Laugh or gasp... Be ready for that !

Dig your heals in! Dont believe a word they say .... But be friendly!

As for the area -

Right next to the new shamrock rovers stadium .. Does it have a view into the ground?

While the stadium being beside u might be a plus .. beware that their could be a real anti social element atending these games once a week.

your Neighbors- ...... Who will they be? ,,, Bearing in mind most land loards will accept rent allowance.... and those who dont will start having to !

Location ! . . . As Long as you have a car . . . You are 25 mins from city centre - 15 minutes from the wicklow mountain ! . . plus the Luas option etc ..... Tallaght is not the 'KIP' is once was .... particularly the area you are looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Similiar or better apartments will be available for less than 100k within the next 2-3 years, if not sooner. If you insist on having a viewing, take a stereo with you and put it on loud in the next apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Maintenance fees are €1300 per year.

For a first year that sounds hefty plus do not believe for one minute that that's a per year fee. No development can keep fees static as expenses vary year on year. Fees do go down (ours did) but more often than not the only way they're going is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

latenia wrote: »
    Similiar or better apartments will be available for less than 100k within the next 2-3 years, if not sooner.

Seriously??? €100k for a 2 bed?

• Advertisement

Seriously??? €100k for a 2 bed?

how do you know the guy selling the 2 bed in tallaght for 149k won't accept 100k now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

pathway33 wrote: »
    how do you know the guy selling the 2 bed in tallaght for 149k won't accept 100k now?

Good question. Seems unlikely though doesn't it? A 33% drop? But there's no harm in trying...

Is this it?http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=ga3&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=150000&s[bd_no]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=sale&id=399023

In answer to another person's query, no Tallaght wouldn't be my first choice. Palmerstown would be perfect but the only properties I can find are those weird-looking ones in Coldcut (they look like Lego and cost a LOT) and St Edmonds which is fairly pricey.

I'm on a super-tight budget. Not to go off topic but if anyone has any alternative suggestions...?

Good question. Seems unlikely though doesn't it? A 33% drop? But there's no harm in trying...

Is this it?http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=ga3&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=150000&s[bd_no]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&search_type=sale&id=399023

In answer to another person's query, no Tallaght wouldn't be my first choice. Palmerstown would be perfect but the only properties I can find are those weird-looking ones in Coldcut (they look like Lego and cost a LOT) and St Edmonds which is fairly pricey.

I'm on a super-tight budget. Not to go off topic but if anyone has any alternative suggestions...?

Seems unlikely? Well as far as I can tell it only came on the market 3 days ago. Theres a 1 bed in that estate for 145. So if he's selling his 2 bed for only €4,950 more than that, he might be pretty desparate. In these times there are lots of people just trying to keep their heads above water.

Yes that link is the one.

Alternative suggestions: Does it have to be a 2 bed?

Well if you want to be near palmerstown why not head down the N4 a little to Celbridge. 4 bed there for €125k but em .....needs a little bit of work

2 bed sallins 160......near train

3 bed mulhuddart, d15, 179 ...must sell within 7 days it says!!!!!!! think it went up 4 days ago

1 bed (if thats your fancy) ongar d15....149

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bkavanagh

management company charge a bit much , should be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bkavanagh

and there management is poor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BKavanagh- you might like to check when the last post was- before replying. In this instance you are replying to someone who posted 4 years ago. Its known as reviving a zombie thread- and should be avoided at all costs. I'm closing this thread. Regards etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement