Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software/Website to create melody

Options
  • 08-02-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have wrote lyrics
    I need to make a melody now for it. Can anyone help. is there website software that can help this from the lyrics???

much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

can anyone help at all???
    I need some ideas.. even websites that can help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Not exactly what your looking for (I doubt any software will create a melody from scratch) but close.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/songsmith/

Listen to some of the sample songs, you'll want to rip your ears off ....

its simple enough.. think i wud rip me ears off on that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

can anyone help at all???
    I need some ideas.. even websites that can help?

a little patience maybe? 11mins is hardly enough time to get a decent response.

Possible software - songsmith, garage band on Mac, tbh your probably better off trying asking someone on the music production board.

decob wrote: »
    a little patience maybe? 11mins is hardly enough time to get a decent response.

Possible software - songsmith, garage band on Mac, tbh your probably better off trying asking someone on the music production board.

this was the only board that was applicable... none of the other forums mentioned anything about music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

The internet is not the place to find this. You need to collaborate with a real live musician. Like the classic writing partnerships- Holland/ Dozier, Bacharach/ David, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 halfmoon

Hi i happened to come across your message there. I am a song writer and a musician. When I write words somtimes I hum a melody or whistle or just sing it. Do u have a guitar or a keyboard? u don't have to be able to play the keyboard. Just play with the nots. If you have some software that you can record, cuebase or logic, maybe garage band. That will get you going. Get a guitar though, it's great. Myself and my partner have a song writing school. People come to me from all over. We write songs everyday.

Have fun!!:cool:

Advertisement