Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho Involved In Altercation With Fan Following Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He'll probably get charged with assault going by what I can see in the videos. He was the first to get physical

He was probably just in a bad mood after losing his match that evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Dirty woman spat on him..Any person with respect for themselves would hit her back..No matter what gender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I marked out when I read he punched her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

This is taking the mickey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Dirty woman spat on him..Any person with respect for themselves would hit her back..No matter what gender

I've read two reports saying that Jericho spat first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Fozzy wrote: »
    I've read two reports saying that Jericho spat first
    me too

but Jericho is a hero he can do whatever the **** he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Fozzy wrote: »
    He was probably just in a bad mood after losing his match that evening
    also i lol'd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I read the girls boyfriend spat on his car, etc...Jericho got out and told your man where to go......your man got in his face and tried to swing for him, Jericho retaliated and then your one went mental, spitting on him and trying to jump on him.......

Bad form to hit girls but spitting is the lowest of the low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I just regained my love for wrestling. That was great from both Jericho and the redneck fools

I just regained my love for wrestling. That was great from both Jericho and the redneck fools

Rednecks? This occured in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Only rednecks dye their hair green. I know this from experience :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

More info and footage(i cant edit my last post)

http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/jericho_after_show_brawl.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Now that is heat.

From watching the other video it seems he went a little overboard but the fact is that the security just were not doing their job. If they had have been over there as quick as all the fans running were then we would never have been talking about this.

IMO it is never acceptable to hit a woman. Under any circumstance. Of course jericho and reports say that she done whatever first, but he hit the boyfriend didnt he? was that not enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

girl or not if someone spat on me for no reason they'd be gettin a slap big time:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

amull87 wrote: »
    Bad form to hit girls but spitting is the lowest of the low

If a girl is willing to physically attack or provoke then of course she deserves a slap.

The bitch deserved it for getting all up in Y2J's grill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    If a girl is willing to physically attack or provoke then of course she deserves a slap.

real talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

go on Chris!!

It was the securitys fault,

still cant believe he hit a lady, spit or not..

"can i get a picture with you?":o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

go on Chris!!

It was the securitys fault,

still cant believe he hit a lady, spit or not..

"can i get a picture with you?":o

I would not call her a lady, what lady pushs someone as they are getting into a car causing them to hit their head?

That when he hit her, i say he just turned and hit the person who pushed him not knowing it was a female.

Not defending him but it looks like a case of self defence against a mob and if its anyones fault its the security, they waited 2 years for a WWE show i say it will be another 4 before its back there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

IMO it is never acceptable to hit a woman. Under any circumstance. Of course jericho and reports say that she done whatever first, but he hit the boyfriend didnt he? was that not enough?

So i suppose if some chick cornered you swinging a knife you'd stand there and get slashed? Same goes for one spitting in your face. Never say never even though i just said it there twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ah im on his side big time, i meant P.R wise, not a good plan...

p.g rating out the window now anyway!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

From watching the other video it seems he went a little overboard but the fact is that the security just were not doing their job. If they had have been over there as quick as all the fans running were then we would never have been talking about this.

In my book, there's no way he went overboard. He was mobbed while in his vehicle, and again when he got out, in an extremely hostile manner. What disturbed me was that one of the people with someone recording one of the clips shouted "he really is an asshole"... crazy. Wrestler or not, it's not acceptable to harrass someone like that.

And i also think that's it's completely acceptable to hit a woman, in this sort of circumstance. It can't be treated as differently to be assaulted by a woman than a man. The retard deserved it. He pie-faced her, and she came back at him, and he swung at her somewhat blindly. I would have had less patience than him to be fair.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

We all know Jericho has a history of slapping a biyatch

7uto-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

When I first saw this, I thought: sh*t, he hit a girl, ya can't be doing that. Then when i saw the footage and the level of abuse he was getting, i'm completely on his side. Spitting on someones face is dispicable and she completely deserved it. From what I saw, Jericho was quite calm up until that point but just lost it then and rightly so. I would have lost it as well!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Well, here you go... Jericho was assaulted! Both the man and woman from that video were arrested for assaulting him.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/industrynews/jerichoassaulted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Do they not know its fake :confused:

Poor Jericho - HE STILL THE MAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

dancor wrote: »
    We all know Jericho has a history of slapping a biyatch

7uto-1.gif

See how he grabs a feel of her tits here first before impact. Jericho is the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I read the guy got offended when Jericho stared down the woman....I thought he was just playing the heel doing that. She shouldn't of spit on him. Woman Beating is Jericho!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

someone shouts something along the lines of "You're a disgrace to Canada!" ........

........HOW?!!!!!!!!!!

Also I was in Victoria before and it was basically just a whole load of homeless people and a lot of absolute knackbags, so i'm sure in the grand scheme of things they deserved it!

dsmythy wrote: »
    So i suppose if some chick cornered you swinging a knife you'd stand there and get slashed? Same goes for one spitting in your face. Never say never even though i just said it there twice.

Ha ha, ok maybe there are some circumstances.

I cant believe security wasnt sued by everyone involved, i thought thats what happened in these days of economic crisis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

A "sport" full of retards, i hope he goes down for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

A "sport" full of retards

Care to name?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

She's just lucky it wasn't Stone Cold she spat at, he'd go all Debra on her ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

What you on about.... sure isn't Eugene gone???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Banned for a week for trolling.

interesting idea about the whole incident here:
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/article/the-jericho-british-columbia-conspiracy-work-shoot-58758

Might be a little far fetched but what if WWE was to do that, or is that beyond their angle writing abilities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Well according to the King, it looks like Chris wont be getting punished by Vince:pac:
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=36600&p=1
    On the infamous Chris Jericho YouTube video of the fan incident: I have not seen it but I heard them talking about it last week at the show – Vince (McMahon) was kinda chuckling about it. Vince and I were talking and Jericho walked by and he said: “Watch out! Jericho will hit you! He’ll knock you right down!” Then he adds: “Especially if you’re a girl!” Everybody is having a joke about it and to me it’s not a big deal, because that used to be very prevalent in the past. We used to be able to get the fans so riled up that they literally wanted to physically attack you after the matches. That hasn’t happened in a long time, so it’s almost like hats off to Chris Jericho – for doing his job. He’s being the best bad guy that he can be. And it’s working as he’s making the people so mad at him that they want to get physical with him themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seems to me like he lost his temper and lashed out which could land him in some hot water seeing as there were plenty of witnesses.

No excuse for punching a woman in my opinion. Ultimate act of cowardice. If he was spat on then security should have hauled the bitch away.

No excuse for punching a woman in my opinion. Ultimate act of cowardice. If he was spat on then security should have hauled the bitch away.

Act like a man, get treated like a man.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Act like a man, get treated like a man.

A man doesn't hit a woman, nor treat one like a man.

Reasons for hitting a woman

1 - If she spits in your face you get to punch her but not push it any further. Not hitting women is a courtesy and gentlemanly thing but if they spit on you then they violate any notion of courtesy.

2 - If your life is threatened you get to beat her until she is subdued.

3 - If she physically assaults you, you get to hit her until she backs off.

4 - If she assaults a woman close to you and she can't defend herself, you can attempt to seperate them but if that is failing you can hit her to force the point.

5 - If she is stealing something valuable, sock her one.

Anything that is a severe violation of personal rights or space gives you liscense to hit them in my view. The only ones who get an exemption for me are kids. Women need to understand there are consequences just as much as men do. If a man spits at you, you are going to burst his face if you're able. It is a disgusting, low and filthy thing for anyone to do and shows a complete lack of respect to your person, so if someone spits at you, unless it is a child, by all means punch them right in the mouth.

It is a disgusting, low and filthy thing for anyone to do and shows a complete lack of respect to your person, so if someone spits at you, unless it is a child, by all means punch them right in the mouth.

Like throwing shoes at someone in iran!

Thats it, if a bitch comes up and does any of what you said Cannibal then im chucking my size 12s at her!!
    And then ill take your advice. :p

Reasons for hitting a woman

1 - If she spits in your face you get to punch her but not push it any further. Not hitting women is a courtesy and gentlemanly thing but if they spit on you then they violate any notion of courtesy.

2 - If your life is threatened you get to beat her until she is subdued.

3 - If she physically assaults you, you get to hit her until she backs off.

4 - If she assaults a woman close to you and she can't defend herself, you can attempt to seperate them but if that is failing you can hit her to force the point.

5 - If she is stealing something valuable, sock her one.

Anything that is a severe violation of personal rights or space gives you liscense to hit them in my view. The only ones who get an exemption for me are kids. Women need to understand there are consequences just as much as men do. If a man spits at you, you are going to burst his face if you're able. It is a disgusting, low and filthy thing for anyone to do and shows a complete lack of respect to your person, so if someone spits at you, unless it is a child, by all means punch them right in the mouth.

Those 5 points sound like they're right out of the national Scanger guidebook.

"I bleedin' decked her cos she was spitting at me and she stole me can of bud."

Hitting a woman is just like hitting a kid. It proves nothing. A man's physical superiority over a woman is well established and doesn't need to be shown except in exceptional circumstances that are unlikely to require it.

Spitting is certainly a disgusting, disrespectful act but hitting a woman is far worse. The classy thing to do if a woman spits on you is to wipe it off and report the offence. Justice can't come from your own fists in that situation.

I'd have far more respect for a man who didn't retaliate to a woman spitting on him than I would a guy who decides to go all Mike Tyson on someone he knows he is stronger than.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

LOOOOL..So your saying if a woman hits you, you dont hit her..Thats sexist towards women you know..You're basically saying that they are weaker then men..I dont blame Jericho at all

Hitting a woman is nothing like hitting a kid because a woman is a full grown adult who is supposed to know better. Kids can get a pass because they are not yet fully responsible people. When a woman spits at you she knows full well what she is doing and if she spits at a man she is probably counting on the fact that he won't hit back and is thus abusing the system.

I also said stealing something valuable, I don't consider a can of Bud valuable enough, but if she were to try and steal 500 euro from my wallet then yes, I would punch her.

And when you hit a woman for these reasons, it is not about proving anything. I would be physically superior to a man 100lbs lighter than me but I'll still hit him if he has wronged me in some way, much the same as I would kick a dog that was rampaging and looking to sink it's teeth into me. No, you hit the woman in these instances because it is a direct consequence to their initial action. If you don't stick up for yourself, who will?

And reporting spitting offences? Who exactly is going to follow that up and make it stick? The only person who can deal the adequate response in that instance is yourself in the moment. Not everyone has video evidence like Jericho.

It is not about being stronger, it is about adequate response to a personal attack. They knew you were likely to be stronger before doing what they did, so they should be fully prepared to take the consequences of wronging someone that is stronger than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If they want equal pay they're asking for a smack ;)

I'd love to see a load of girls go up and beat the **** out of Mr_Nice_Guy. See how nice he is then :P

callaway92 wrote: »
    LOOOOL..So your saying if a woman hits you, you dont hit her..Thats sexist towards women you know..

It's not sexist towards women to acknowledge that they are physically weaker than men. That's the reality. Are the organisers of the Olympics being sexist not letting women race against the men?
    callaway92 wrote:
    You're basically saying that they are weaker then men

Which is basically right...
    Hitting a woman is nothing like hitting a kid because a woman is a full grown adult who is supposed to know better. Kids can get a pass because they are not yet fully responsible people. When a woman spits at you she knows full well what she is doing and if she spits at a man she is probably counting on the fact that he won't hit back and is thus abusing the system.

Well if the kid is 13 or 14 then he/she is responsible for their actions so why is it not OK in your eyes to hit them, yet it is OK to hit an adult woman? Both are less capable of defending themselves against men. What if it was an old guy that spat on you, say 80 years old? Do you hit him? What if it was a pregnant woman? Would you hit her? The bottom line is a man with class wouldn't dish out beatings to someone he knows is physisally weaker than he is. It's gutless.
    I also said stealing something valuable, I don't consider a can of Bud valuable enough, but if she were to try and steal 500 euro from my wallet then yes, I would punch her.

LOL, wow. Good luck explaining that to the police or perhaps a judge! You may find you're facing a fine greater than 500 euro, if not jail time for assault.
    And when you hit a woman for these reasons, it is not about proving anything. I would be physically superior to a man 100lbs lighter than me but I'll still hit him if he has wronged me in some way, much the same as I would kick a dog that was rampaging and looking to sink it's teeth into me. No, you hit the woman in these instances because it is a direct consequence to their initial action. If you don't stick up for yourself, who will?

Sticking up for yourself is fine and dandy but each person is responsible for his/her own actions and even if you have been wronged, there is a right and a wrong way to deal with it. For instance, stabbing a man who spat in your face would not be an acceptable response. Punching a man who spits on you would be a fair response. Punching a female that spits on you would not be acceptable. Reporting her would be the right way to go about it.
    And reporting spitting offences? Who exactly is going to follow that up and make it stick? The only person who can deal the adequate response in that instance is yourself in the moment. Not everyone has video evidence like Jericho.

The police. Spitting is considered a form of assault. There was a chap in Big Brother removed for spitting in another's face and police followed up on it when he was out. Also in the paper yesterday there was a woman sentenced for assaulting officers whilst in custody and she had also spat in one officer's face. You can be sure he didn't punch her in retaliation or he would have been in deep sh*t. If a woman spat at me in the street I'd find the nearest garda and have him go after her. It would be better than having MY ARSE sent to jail on an assault charge which would certainly happen if I stuck up for myself in the manner you advocate. I mean this is common sense!
    It is not about being stronger, it is about adequate response to a personal attack.

Exactly. And hitting a woman is not an adequate response! It's the response of a man that wasn't raised to respect women. The kind of guys you see on the Jeremy Kyle show essentially.
    They knew you were likely to be stronger before doing what they did, so they should be fully prepared to take the consequences of wronging someone that is stronger than them.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

Even if you are wronged in some way, how you deal with it is down to you alone and nobody else. This is the classic way wife abusers justify their behaviour. 'It wasn't my fault, it was her she had it coming'. The truth is there is a dignified way for a man to conduct himself and hitting a woman isn't one of them.
    Rojomcdojo wrote:
    I'd love to see a load of girls go up and beat the **** out of Mr_Nice_Guy. See how nice he is then:p

Come out with me tomorrow night and you may get to see it. :pac:

PS I'm always nice. ;)

Has anyone here (without going into detail obviously) ever had to actually retort to doing a jericho?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement