Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Noah's Flood" Now Even Less Grounded In Reality

Options
  • 08-02-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Well, if there was ever any more evidence required to dismiss Creationism...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/090206-smaller-noah-flood.html
    A previous theory said the Black Sea rose up to 195 feet (60 meters), possibly burying villages and spawning the tale of Noah's flood and other inundation folklore.
    But the new study—largely focused on relatively undisturbed underwater fossils—suggests a rise of no more than 30 feet (10 meters).

Click link for full story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

News flash, totally unbelievable story shown to be even more totally unbelievable than before :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

[clutches at straws]10 meters is still going to ruin the gaf and drown your goats and defo deep enough for a (small) boat![/clutches at straws]

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

Unfortunately the one person that the creationists will believe when it comes to actual scientific data, god, didn't write the article.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Like it ever had a leg to stand on :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mjg wrote: »
    Unfortunately the one person that the creationists will believe when it comes to actual scientific data, god, didn't write the article.

indeed the article has the audacity to suggest a flood could occur naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mjg wrote: »

Actually if anyone presented them with data, scientific or otherwise, that somehow supported their stance they would believe them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Galvasean wrote: »
    But the new study—largely focused on relatively undisturbed underwater fossils—suggests a rise of no more than 30 feet (10 meters).
    No doubt Ken Ham will pop up to agree that the water rose only 30 feet, but the world was still covered with water because the bottom of the sea dropped away instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well, if there was ever any more evidence required to dismiss Creationism...

There wasn't.

It's nice that you care though. :P

Isn't it obvious?

God altered the geological records to test our faith! There was a flood, and a great one, too; the geology is just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Simon.d

Regardless of there being evidence for an actual flood, the most preposterous idea is that Noah went around collecting all these animals from about the place.. Did he go all the way out to Australia and get a kangaroo mating pair for himself, and afterwards travel all the way back to that continent to put them back? How people can take such things seriously is beyond me..

Further still, if modern day believers have accepted that it was more probably a regional flood than a global one, why did Noah have to bother collecting animals in the first place? Surely plenty would have survived, negating this need... It's all a bit silly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭mjg

That's convinced me...Now to figure out the surest path to heaven:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I love it. It should be titled "What we wish would happen every time we rehash this unimaginative crap." But it's not very snappy I suppose.

"I'm taking college courses!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I just found out that during the flood, absolutley EVERY LIVING THING on the Earth died, except for those on the Ark. Madness. I wonder how the Earth got repopulated by just Noah. Or did he have some women with him?
    Genesis 7:21-23 (New International Version)

21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

So we're all decended from Noah. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

"I want you to listen to me ... because I am talking college courses"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I nearly wet myself at that part. These damn college people, telling us our Earth is billions of years old!!! Down with, er, college! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I love it. It should be titled "What we wish would happen every time we rehash this unimaginative crap." But it's not very snappy I suppose.

"I'm taking college courses!" :pac:

In Life Sciences!

It's amazing how little is needed to qualify as proof in the eyes of these lunatics, and how much is needed to qualify as evidence.

Also, anyone else notice that Noah looks like Chuck Norris?

5002_08.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Also, anyone else notice that Noah looks like Chuck Norris?

Noah wishes he looked like Chuck Norris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ZondaChai

What about all the ducks, they don't need to be in the ark, they can just float on top. So there's two of every animal and millions of ducks. That's not very fair on God's part. I'm sure the goats were feeling inadequet, they could only have two, and when they look over the side, millions of ducks get to live. By sheer numbers, ducks should have taken over the earth, we should have evolved to become giant ducks with opposable thumbs, driving our duck cars and watching television with nothing but ducks.

Advertisement