Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Takeovers

Options
  • 08-02-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

I've never had one in any of the games I've played in the last few years.
    Granted I usually go with Arsenal so it's unlikely but even with smaller clubs I'm yet to get one.

How often have you guys experienced a board takeover?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

never... i've never even come across one happen to a club in the same league. are they even in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

well I was offered the Leeds job yesterday and soon after it told me Ken Bates was looking to sell the club. *crosses fingers* cmooonnn Arab oil tycoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got one in my Reading game. New Zealand billionaire. Gave me 50m for 3 seasons straight to improve my squad. Just starting my 6th season and I'm predicted to come 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Happened to me in my third season with Liverpool. Some guy came in and inject 180m into the club, without it being a chairmans loan and build me a nice new stadium. I love that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭golfguy

evary year at ac i get 100m for players good old mefia owner

• Advertisement

I currently have a transfer budget of 300m :pac:

Too bad I have nobody to spend it on. :(

Also, regens in the future have tarded names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

yep I have, unfortunately, with not such good effects as some others.

15th season into game. Just finished my 9th season as Man Utd manager. having spent 3 years as manager of chelsea and 3 as man city manager.

Had one 5 Prem titles and never finished outside of top 4. about 4 champ league titles some FA Cups etc...

board takeover ensues during summer - transfer embargo through the transfer window. I have an aging squad and need tranfers. Struggle in Prem, holding 3 - 5th place. embargo ensues through Jan transfer window. I am really annoyed. take over finalised in Late Feb. I am told that the new chairman is thinking of bringing in a new face for the managers job but will keep options open till season ends. I finish 6th and am sacked... lovely!!!

yep I have, unfortunately, with not such good effects as some others.

15th season into game. Just finished my 9th season as Man Utd manager. having spent 3 years as manager of chelsea and 3 as man city manager.

Had one 5 Prem titles and never finished outside of top 4. about 4 champ league titles some FA Cups etc...

board takeover ensues during summer - transfer embargo through the transfer window. I have an aging squad and need tranfers. Struggle in Prem, holding 3 - 5th place. embargo ensues through Jan transfer window. I am really annoyed. take over finalised in Late Feb. I am told that the new chairman is thinking of bringing in a new face for the managers job but will keep options open till season ends. I finish 6th and am sacked... lovely!!!

You think that's bad my embargo lasted a year and a half. :eek: The guy also said he wanted to bring in Mancini to replace me. However, managed to finish in second place and keep my job. Him and I never looked back since. In my 11th season now and I rule the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

You think that's bad my embargo lasted a year and a half. :eek: The guy also said he wanted to bring in Mancini to replace me. However, managed to finish in second place and keep my job. Him and I never looked back since. In my 11th season now and I rule the world.

a year and a half?? Jebus, thats mad.

a year and a half?? Jebus, thats mad.

Yeah it was a bug in one of the earlier versions. Fixed in the latest patch. Too late for me. It was just a year and a half of "The deal is close" followed a couple of days later of "The deal has broken down". Was very annoying, but the guy got he club in the end, but I just checked the boardroom and his stance of "Loves the club" has decreased by one to "Enjoys being at the club".

I reckon he is going to sell up in a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Happens all the time in the Italian leagues. It has happened a few times in German and French leagues.

Have never been at a club while a takeover has happened though.

in my second season at liverpool it was taken over with no extra funds or cash,headwrecking as the liverpool debt is ridiculous. i normally sell players for 24 month payment periods to offset the 3m + a month interest payments. this is my 2nd game with liverpool where in the second season i have been taken over and got nothing out of it. was hoping to clear that chairmans loan to build up a healthy bank balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Happened to me with arsenal in fm 2008. Embargo of 6 months with constant talk of me being sacked for tony adams. Didn't get sacked in the end and my loan repayments were cut from 4m a month to 375K as well. Major boost to transfer fund also.

All in all a succesful takeover...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Im currently managing Potenza and the club has just over 1.19M euro debt. Im within the wage budget but i can't afford to sell any players right now because im in 1st and i don't wanna damage morale.

The board are injecting about 250k to 300k every few months into the running of the club but its still making losses of between 80k and 160k per month. What can i do about it and will the chairman end up selling the club?

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Im currently managing Potenza and the club has just over 1.19M euro debt. Im within the wage budget but i can't afford to sell any players right now because im in 1st and i don't wanna damage morale.

The board are injecting about 250k to 300k every few months into the running of the club but its still making losses of between 80k and 160k per month. What can i do about it and will the chairman end up selling the club?

You can't do anything. Board takeovers are completely out of your control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Never had it happen to me. I usually manage smaller clubs and it seems to rarely happen for small clubs. Sounds like it can be handy if the new owners don't sack you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Hasn't happened to me yet either. Had a possible one when managing Blackburn but it never came through.

Advertisement